• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2015 [Nintendo Numbers, Majora's, MH4, ~XB1]

Conduit

Banned
C'mon, Bloodborne, c'mon!

ixPQjeP.jpg

ethomaz

Banned
About BB yet.

I checked the BB on PS4 in the launch day and it had 19.3k likes (you can only see and like if you buy the game... and I know not everybody likes the game they buy... this is the minimum).

So the digital sales seems to be really good.

PS. PSN US.

Javin98

Banned
As of now, it's near impossible to predict the sales of Bloodborne in its launch month, but based on the Amazon hourly charts, Bloodborne has stayed (and is still staying) in the top 5 positions for several days now. And unlike The Order, it's not bombing hard after launch day. I'll be very surprised if Bloodborne ends up selling worse than The Order. Anyway, 500K for this month does seem too high. Even ~350K is impressive for a new IP which is considered "niche".

onQ123

500k is too much.

Amazon ranking is good for have an idea if some item sold more than other or if some game has legs, but it's not good to indicate actual sales number.

My thoughts was 300K but I don't think you can really gauge what the sales of Bloodborne will be.

I say this because of the PS4. It has a user base of 20 million in just over a year & we can't seem to figure out who this big user base is so you can't be too sure of what people will buy .

It could be 5 million PS4 owners who bought it just because everyone was talking about it & these people would probably do the same with Bloodborne.

Last Of Us has sold about 10 million in less than 2 years, I don't think many people expected that from a new IP. Bloodborne was selling out the 1st day of release I think it's doing better than most people thought it would. I wouldn't be too surprised if it sold ~ 500K.

I think 250k first month would be awesome for Bloodborne in NA, it should also do 100k in Japan and maybe 200k in EU. Pulling those numbers straight out my arse but they seem pretty realistic so 500k worldwide first month would be pretty good.

Elandyll

Banned
I think 250k first month would be awesome for Bloodborne in NA, it should also do 100k in Japan and maybe 200k in EU. Pulling those numbers straight out my arse but they seem pretty realistic so 500k worldwide first month would be pretty good.

250k, while ok, would be surprising imo.

The Order 1886, a brand new IP from a little known studio outside of hardcore gamers (afaik), did a bit above 200k in NA (probably under 210k, based on CS) on the heels of a big marketing campaign but very disappointing reviews.

Otoh Bloodborne had also a big marketing campaign (was also featured in the general PS add, but also had its own TV ad, jut like TO 1886), but comes on the heels of a now renowned studio, a series of critically and user acclaimed games (The Souls series), and has been universally acclaimed, receiving rave reviews even in non Gaming media as well (The Guardian, New York Daily News ...).

So ... while 500k seems a tall order, I could definitely see BB above 300k, and perhaps near 400k even.

Conduit

Banned
The Order 1886, a brand new IP from a little known studio outside of hardcore gamers (afaik), did a bit above 200k in NA (probably under 210k, based on CS) on the heels of a big marketing campaign but very disappointing reviews.

Reposting again :

Came out on the Feb. 20th, butchered by gaming journalist! In the end 9th place is NOT THAT BAD!

I wonder if MS is getting a good chuckle at Sony blowing their wad in the preseason.

Well, I doubt it. I'll be completely honest and say that PS4 exclusives don't seem to be whats driving it so far, so I don't think they have much laugh at, the PS4 is going to keep chugging along at its fast past with or without the releases. It will obviously have something exclusive anyway, it just isn't likely to be as big as Uncharted.

Well, I doubt it. I'll be completely honest and say that PS4 exclusives don't seem to be whats driving it so far, so I don't think they have much laugh at, the PS4 is going to keep chugging along at its fast past with or without the releases. It will obviously have something exclusive anyway, it just isn't likely to be as big as Uncharted.

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic. PS4 is starting make up the ground it lost in the US over the holidays without a price drop. March is looking to be well over a 100k lead for PS4 imo.

Jomjom

Banned

I dunno... I don't think it's really possible for a significant exclusive to come out for holidays without so much as a single leak so far. I think they'll try to get by with Indies like NMS. When MS blows its wad during holiday (regular) season, i think it might get pretty ugly as far as sales go.

I dunno... I don't think it's really possible for a significant exclusive to come out for holidays without so much as a single leak so far. I think they'll try to get by with Indies like NMS. When MS blows its wad during holiday (regular) season, i think it might get pretty ugly as far as sales go.

I absolutely believe Sony will announce at least one major exclusive at E3 that will release in the Fall. They slipped LBP3 in last year when no one was expecting it. My picks are Gran Turismo 7, Sony Bend's game or Guerrilla's new IP (least likely). Could even be another 3rd party exclusive.

OK i could see something like LBP3. Not a very significant exclusive though.

About as significant as Forza Horizon 2 or Sunset Overdrive were. Possible Megaton that I forgot was of course is
The Last Guardian
. That would generate a serious buzz.

And PS4 does have Persona 5 as well. Sony should give it the same push Bloodborne received.

Bloodborne is going to be a lot closer to the Orders first NPD then I thought.

IMO of course

This sounds bad. At first you said it was lower, then changed to higher and now about the same? My friends list is full of people playing it(like almost 30 so far) so I thought it was doing very well.

This sounds bad. At first you said it was lower, then changed to higher and now about the same? My friends list is full of people playing it(like almost 30 so far) so I thought it was doing very well.

Not bad, especially not for the genre. I'm thinking about 250k in NPD

Maybe 300k but I'd be surprised if it was more than that.

(these numbers are 100% my own opinion and do not represent any company or its projections or real world data)

Chobel

Not bad, especially not for the genre. I'm thinking about 250k in NPD

(these numbers are 100% my own opinion and do not represent any company or its projections or real world data)

Are you considering that March NPD has 5 weeks? That should give BB another week of sales (assuming it has legs).

People who are expecting 500k need to see how other successful Sony IPs did during its first month. Getting anywhere near 350-400k would be an immense success for them considering its niche appeal.

People who are expecting 500k need to see how other successful Sony IPs did during its first month. Getting anywhere near 350-400k would be an immense success for them considering its niche appeal.

Close to The Order would be around 200k. I would be very happy with 350-400k in US because it will probably do at least that much if not more in the rest of the world.

On Demand

Banned
I wonder if MS is getting a good chuckle at Sony blowing their wad in the preseason.

You actually believe that pre season nonsense? There's 12 months in a year man. They're only pushing that narrative because they're not outselling Sony every month anymore. They have to rely on 2 holiday months. Only one chuckling is Sony.

Bloodborne is selling more than The Order. I don't see how it doesn't. You have people buying PS4's for that game.

Jomjom

Banned
About as significant as Forza Horizon 2 or Sunset Overdrive were. Possible Megaton that I forgot was of course is
The Last Guardian
. That would generate a serious buzz.

And PS4 does have Persona 5 as well. Sony should give it the same push Bloodborne received.

If TLG somehow mkes it for this holiday I dont even know what to say. That would be amazing.

Holiday season is important, but stuff like pre-season is the logic of the loser.

Besides, it can be argued that MS's overly aggressive holiday season is what killed their preseason momentum, even though they're still keeping the same price advantage that won them the holidays.

Javin98

Banned
You actually believe that pre season nonsense? There's 12 months in a year man. They're only pushing that narrative because they're not outselling Sony every month anymore. They have to rely on 2 holiday months. Only one chuckling is Sony.

Bloodborne is selling more than The Order. I don't see how it doesn't. You have people buying PS4's for that game.
Seriously, one of the main reasons why the XB1 is unable to outsell the PS4 in the US is because Microsoft focuses too much on the holidays. Sony is doing a wonderful thing by spreading their games throughtout the year.

demigod

Holiday season is important, but stuff like pre-season is the logic of the loser.

Besides, it can be argued that MS's overly aggressive holiday season is what killed their preseason momentum, even though they're still keeping the same price advantage that won them the holidays.

MS sure fooled a lot of people who thought that price was only for the holidays.

MS sure fooled a lot of people who thought that price was only for the holidays.

To be fair, I think MS legimately intended to bring it back to 399.

Not because they can't afford it,but out of 'confidence' and some hubris in believing that they can be competitive with Sony at the same price point, and that all it needed was momentum.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I hope that BB's success will pave the way for a Demon's Soul's PS4 remaster. The assets would look really good at 1080p.

Top Bottom