• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2016 [Up1: Fire Emblem]

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
And I will be buying all 3 if those games (R&C, MLB, UC4). Still on the fence for the Limited UC4 console, (such a nice color), to replace my launch unit or see if there will be a 'slim' announcement for E3, even though I can't figure out how much smaller they could make it.

Bundles aren't counted.
Every. Single. Thread, lol. It should be a disclaimer on top, lol.

Ridley327

Feb 7, 2005
Top 3, going by CosmicQueso's comment. I hope Nintendo issues a PR this month, at least for Fire Emblem's success.
Wow, that's a hell of an achievement. Fire Emblem went from being persona non grata a few years ago to quickly becoming an A-tier franchise for Nintendo.

impact

Banned
Aug 14, 2011
Street Fighter V with the flop

How long until someone buys Capcom out? If the next Monster Hunter underperforms I feel like these guys are done.

massoluk

Banned
Dec 19, 2011
Fire Emblem's Birthright was to be in the Top 10 NPD. But it's Conquest with all Skus combined was to be in the Top 3.
Yeah pretty awesome, should have been included in the OP.

“If sales for Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest, and the special edition for Fire Emblem Fates were combined, this title would have ranked third for new physical software sales,” said Callahan. “The combined first month sales of Fire Emblem Fates would more than triple the first month sales of the next-highest game within the franchise, Fire Emblem: Awakening.”
Never would have imagined Fire Emblem release outselling a new Street Fighter release

Mikey Jr.

Dec 5, 2008
Toronto
Naruto beat SFV?

Man Capcom, you sure do fucking suck, lol.

No one to blame but themselves. They wanted to get it out before the tourneys at the expense of the game. Hope it was worth the tradeoff.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Dec 19, 2012
I was hoping for a good US result for SFV, but it's looking pretty grim

Nyoro SF

Jul 5, 2011
Nice to see Fire Emblem chart.

Of course, I'm just as curious as anyone how many copies SFV did sell, since a few posters were claiming that there was potentially a chance that SFV wouldn't chart last time.

Now, to sit back and wait for additional info.

Saitama

Feb 21, 2013
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 was supposed to be the last Storm game..Bet your ass CC2 is working on Boruto Ninja Storm. lol

SPE

Mar 30, 2007
To add salt into the SFV wounds, the Steam daily player count for the game is woeful, dropping with every passing day. I'd imagine it's the same deal on PS4.

Down to 3k peak players.

Hoje0308

Banned
Jun 22, 2013
New format idea:

NPD sales results for (insert month/year here) PS: Bundles not counted. Ever.

fernoca

Sep 17, 2006
Puerto Rico
Wonder if FE would have moved up a spot if all versions where combined
Way higher:
If sales for Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest, and the special edition for Fire Emblem Fates were combined, this title would have ranked third for new physical software sales, said Callahan. The combined first month sales of Fire Emblem Fates would more than triple the first month sales of the next-highest game within the franchise, Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Aaronrules380

Feb 19, 2013
Yeah pretty awesome, should have been included in the OP.
That's impressive as hell, especially since I imagine most still bought the other route as dlc as well, (besides the special edition folks obviously, but they paid the same amount in the end)