• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2016 [Up1: Fire Emblem]

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
And I will be buying all 3 if those games (R&C, MLB, UC4). Still on the fence for the Limited UC4 console, (such a nice color), to replace my launch unit or see if there will be a 'slim' announcement for E3, even though I can't figure out how much smaller they could make it.

Bundles aren't counted.

Every. Single. Thread, lol. It should be a disclaimer on top, lol.

Ridley327

Top 3, going by CosmicQueso's comment. I hope Nintendo issues a PR this month, at least for Fire Emblem's success.

Wow, that's a hell of an achievement. Fire Emblem went from being persona non grata a few years ago to quickly becoming an A-tier franchise for Nintendo.

Madao

For some reason they counted Smash 3DS and Wii U as one game though.

it's pretty inconsistent. sometimes they group games for weird reasons.

maybe they thought the "for 3DS" and "for Wii U" bits were just platform designations and not the actual game's name and thought both were just "Super Smash Bros."

impact

Banned
Street Fighter V with the flop

How long until someone buys Capcom out? If the next Monster Hunter underperforms I feel like these guys are done.

massoluk

Banned
Fire Emblem's Birthright was to be in the Top 10 NPD. But it's Conquest with all Skus combined was to be in the Top 3.

Yeah pretty awesome, should have been included in the OP.

“If sales for Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest, and the special edition for Fire Emblem Fates were combined, this title would have ranked third for new physical software sales,” said Callahan. “The combined first month sales of Fire Emblem Fates would more than triple the first month sales of the next-highest game within the franchise, Fire Emblem: Awakening.”

Never would have imagined Fire Emblem release outselling a new Street Fighter release

Mikey Jr.

Naruto beat SFV?

Man Capcom, you sure do fucking suck, lol.

No one to blame but themselves. They wanted to get it out before the tourneys at the expense of the game. Hope it was worth the tradeoff.

Nyoro SF

Nice to see Fire Emblem chart.

Of course, I'm just as curious as anyone how many copies SFV did sell, since a few posters were claiming that there was potentially a chance that SFV wouldn't chart last time.

Now, to sit back and wait for additional info.

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 was supposed to be the last Storm game..Bet your ass CC2 is working on Boruto Ninja Storm. lol

CLEEK

To add salt into the SFV wounds, the Steam daily player count for the game is woeful, dropping with every passing day. I'd imagine it's the same deal on PS4.

Down to 3k peak players.

La34yEs.jpg

fernoca

Wonder if FE would have moved up a spot if all versions where combined
Way higher:
If sales for Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest, and the special edition for Fire Emblem Fates were combined, this title would have ranked third for new physical software sales, said Callahan. The combined first month sales of Fire Emblem Fates would more than triple the first month sales of the next-highest game within the franchise, Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Yeah pretty awesome, should have been included in the OP.

So, since they're surely referring to retail only sales

Fire Emblem Awakening's first month (retail only) - 117,000
Fire Emblem Fates's firdt month (retail only) - > 351,000

Top Bottom