• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2016 [Up1: Fire Emblem]

Driveclub never sold in the U.S. SFV underperformed even worse.

There is a point of not wanting to throw good money after bad. It had very little to do with content offerings at launch. They made a game that plays well that no one had any interest in. It's time to cut their losses and use their staff on some titles that might actually sell.
I was speaking from a worldwide perspective. Yes, this is NPD but that wasn't the point of the post I quoted.

I don't get the point of misleading, confusing PR. Nintendo is in last place every month, and they don't resort to this.

I mean, Nintendo called the GB Pokemon games "timeless" in their PR. I doubt that's literally the case, as it wouldn't surprise me if no one is interested in the GB Pokemon titles in 50 or 100 years.

It's PR puffery man. All companies do it. I'm not seeing a problem with MS's "unmatched lineup" comment at all.

bitbydeath

I imagine that they're pretty evenly split right now between continued DC support and working on DCVR. I'm not sure when the latter is supposed to be launching, but I doubt that the team is going to be working on a new MotorStorm anytime soon.

Won't hear of any new games from them until at least PGW anyways.

Bluenoser

Driveclub never sold in the U.S. SFV underperformed even worse.

There is a point of not wanting to throw good money after bad. It had very little to do with content offerings at launch. They made a game that plays well that no one had any interest in. It's time to cut their losses and use their staff on some titles that might actually sell.

Your post doesn't make any sense. If I had to guess, it probably didn't sell well due to bad word of mouth, and that was 99.9% related to the content. Anyone who has a problem with this being a bit more casual friendly probably already bought it anyway.

Bluenoser

I mean, Nintendo called the GB Pokemon games "timeless" in their PR. I doubt that's literally the case, as it wouldn't surprise me if no one is interested in the GB Pokemon titles in 50 or 100 years.

It's PR puffery man. All companies do it. I'm not seeing a problem with MS's "unmatched lineup" comment at all.

I think when a franchise makes it to 20 years, and is still selling like hotcakes, you can call it timeless. The word just means time has not diminished it's enjoyment. I don't have a huge problem with MS' statement now that it was explained to me that it's technically true depending on how you look at it. That's what bugs me though. I want to read words and not have to look for hidden meanings in them.

ethomaz

Banned
Using cream pie...

450k > PS4 > 342k
276k > Xbone > 217k
77k > Wii U > 58k

Unless somebody has any new info...

I think when a franchise makes it to 20 years, and is still selling like hotcakes, you can call it timeless. The word just means time has not diminished it's enjoyment. I don't have a huge problem with MS' statement now that it was explained to me that it's technically true depending on how you look at it. That's what bugs me though. I want to read words and not have to look for hidden meanings in them.

Of course it's fine to call Pokemon "timeless". That's my point. It's also completely fine to call the XB1's lineup "unmatched", because not only is it technically true, you're also reading a PR puff piece. Companies are always going to paint themselves in the best light. Any reasonable person is going to come into a PR piece with that expectation.

(not trying to call you unreasonable, just making a point)

Guys, is Pokken(In the dying Wii U) going to sell more than SFV ? that would be even more crazy .

It honestly wouldn't surprise me all that much at this point.

Apathy

Guessing the low standings for SFV also have to do with the fact that PC version is digital and so only 1 sku is being seen for sold numbers unlike 4 which had at least 2 sku's at retail showing.

Welfare

Guessing the low standings for SFV also have to do with the fact that PC version is digital and so only 1 sku is being seen for sold numbers unlike 4 which had at least 2 sku's at retail showing.

If we added digital downloads+PC to every game that is tracked in NPD, SFV wouldn't even chart.

Angel_DvA

PlayStation 4 continues to see strong year-over-year growth and it won't stop here, the gap will be even wider with all the exclusives that are coming on PS4 and the fact that Microsoft don't even know what they're doing with the Xbox brand...

I hope Microsoft won't stop believing in the Xbox Brand and change their mind about the evolutive console stuff...

Ridley327

A retail version of the PC SKU wasn't going to move the needle much at all.

RexNovis

Banned
Hmm I thought this already happen lol.

Did it? Sometimes I get a bit discombobulated by all the spin. Hard to keep track.

Then you should avoid reading MS PR or you'll have a bad time. Its honestly half the fun of NPD day.

FATALITY

Banned
ONly when you dont consider the fact that the New 3DS launched this month last year and thus the 3DS was understandably down a whopping 58%. But hey dont let proper context get in the way of your concern.

sometimes i think some people are just hoping for the videogame industry to go under, which doesnt make any sense considering that videogames are their hobbie.

RexNovis

Banned
Cream, please bless us with some Digimon numbers. It's the only thing I've ever wanted.

^^^^^^^^^^
THIS! PLease!

That is such a massive range its basically worthless. We need to narrow it down more.

sometimes i think some people are just hoping for the videogame industry to go under, which doesnt make any sense considering that videogames are their hobbie.

Its a sickness. Have pity on them for they know not what they do.

On Demand

Banned
I'm sorry we deal with facts in NPD not wishes. There are plenty of PS4 exclusives that have sold well. So if your done spouting bullshit perhaps you can try contributing instead.

All that means to me is that Sony takes risk instead of always going with a sure thing. So let them have their "bombas".

They said they would not.

However, that does not preclude releasing a disc based on with the added content.

They're not fragmenting the base like they did with Vanilla and Super.

Yeah, it sounds like he actually wants them to reconsider that stance though which is just insane. Unless he's just talking about the same thing we are (complete edition, no fragmentation)

Top Bottom