• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2016 [Up1: Fire Emblem]

Rymuth

Late to the party, I dozed off while waiting for the NPD to drop.

Bamco be counting those Benjamins. They must be thanking heir stars that the series is getting a Part 3.

Now let's catch up with his thread~

Occam

It's interesting how Microsoft's PR keeps mentioning Windows 10.
Changes are coming.
I wonder what caused this? Maybe Halo 5's performance?

joanot

Lol at people thinking sfv will have legs as it is, hell one month after launch & capcom still hasnt released a patch to fix its problems.

The only way capcom can get more sales is launching a goty edition later in the year for 19.99 $ max. after putting A LOT of effort on post launch patching/fixing/adding features & catching up on users demands ala driveclub.

They have a LONG way to go.

noobie

Banned
i think ~400k will be doable for uncharted 4. I m comparing UC4 release to the PS3 MGS IV release which if i m not mistaken sold 405k in June 2008

PS4 slaughtered everyone else as expected, but damn, nearly 2:1 compared to to XB1. If Sony announces a slim model at E3...

I fully expect the gap if the US to be 3 million+ by the holidays, maybe even 3.5 if it continues to be this lopsided.

All of the rumor rumblings from MS make a lot more sense now, they have nothing until Gears (really don't think QB will help at all) means its gonna be a massacre until the hoidays.

Disappointed in SFV but unlike other games with a similar crappy start (cough cough The Order cough) the gameplay itself is excellent, so I really hope it has strong legs.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
You initially said 300,000, are you now backing down?

No, he Said was crazy predict PS4 in May < PS4 in Feb

And i asked a bet on this, since he Said was crazy.

So far i don't expect PS4 to sell 300K in May, but can happen, and i'm not gonna bet on this.

But yes. No way it sell 400K in May. And let alone 700K lol.

Daft Punk

Banned
Lol at people thinking sfv will have legs as it is, hell one month after launch & capcom still hasnt released a patch to fix its problems.

The only way capcom can get more sales is launching a goty edition later in the year for 19.99 $ max. after putting A LOT of effort on post launch patching/fixing/adding features & catching up on users demands ala driveclub.

They have a LONG way to go.

You realize Capcom is about to introduce a free patch this month that adds in everything people have been complaining about and more right? It would help to do some research before making such statements.

jahasaja

I had dismissed the talk of MS exiting the HW side of the Xbox business. I thought it was 1+1 = 4.

But that PR was something else. w10, games coming for win 10 and barely a mention of the xbone. It looks like they are in fact exiting the business and running Xbox gaming as a brand on PC

It is strange how quick their messaging has changed. It seems like the changes are coming quick. Why would they otherwise speak of more powerful hardware since that must certainly make people hesitant to buy the current model of XBoXone. The whole thing seems to be an executive decision that the xbox section have to put in place in a very short timeframe.

Primal is a beast outdoing FC4, always knew after 2013 that the franchise was in the mainstream conscious now.

Can we get any numbers for that though?

T3iZGuf.png

Reposting

PS4 = 405k or 406k !

XB1 = 248k or 249k

Wii U = 69k or 70k

Woof, that's just straight domination by PS4, I was 40k off with my prediction!
Still surprising how well it's doing, considering USA was just a crazy strong Microsoft fortress a few years ago.

All those mentions of Win 10 in MS PR too, very telling stuff about their change in strategy..

Oersted

Capcom hoped for over 2 million Street Fighter copies to be sold till March.

They can be happy if they reach 500k at this point.

400k for PS4? Yeesh didn't think February sales be like that!

You realize Capcom is about to introduce a free patch this month that adds in everything people have been complaining about and more right? It would help to do some research before making such statements.

It's not really free, people paid $60 or so for it, as Capcom had laid their content plan in advance to justify the initial barebones release so now they better deliver.

leroidys

My problem is pointless concern posts like this

That contribute nothing to the discussion. In fact, most of the time (including this time) they completely ignore the context in order to paint a pessimistic picture that doesnt actually exist. FUD has no place in a sales discussion.

I'm not spreading FUD. You jumping down multiple peoples throats for nothing is way more detrimental to the tenor of the thread.

cordy

Banned

Eh, still missing Arcade Mode, still missing the Cinematic Mode for this Summer, still missing all the annoying Survival Mode crap but besides that then yeah it'll have some buffs.

barit

So for me it seems to occur what many here predicted. 2016 is shaping up to be one of the best years for PS4 and maybe even its peak year if PSVR will make a big surprise splash. Xbone is falling now behind X360 sales wise (hence the PR from MS) and MS is really preparing to leave the dedicated console business. Like someone said in the LH thread: last year's bad perfomance of Halo 5 and RotTR must have been really eye-opening for them. And Nintendo, welp. Let's hope and pray for NX I guess just like last year :p

Nintendo Wii U software is selling ok-ish considering the installed base. Wii U hardware i always low, but I cannot help but noticing that it's not as bas as PSV ever was, for example - Wii U still has a tiny space in retailing at least.

cordy

Banned
Uhm they likely are above 500k this very moment.

?

Where did you come to this conclusion? Just trying to figure it out myself. I see many FGC members freaking out about it. I'm not even sure how much they'd have by now given those numbers.

I think if PSVR is priced ok, say $300-400, it will definitely send sales into the stratosphere short term at the very least through Christmas.
(I predict a nasty software drought after launch)

allan-bh

Great month for PS4. Xbox One is not collapsing but Microsoft needs a new factor. I believe a Slim model is coming this year.

SF V bomba, Capcom deserves.

Shin-chan

So which bomba cost the most to the pub, SFV, Rise of the TR or The Order? (I mean dev costs, not losses due to bomba status).

I have a feeling TO is the most expensive (huge dev time) and SF is the cheapest (a game this barebones can't have been expensive. They must have started development after the trailer leaked and they realised they needed to make a game).

NateDrake

Liar... You should play it, it's well worth it.

I waited for the PS4/X1 version to release, and then never bought it. I'll get it once it gets cheaper & maybe play it during a release lull - the summer would probably be a great time to pick it up and play.

Rymuth

PS4 to XBO - "I will eat you alive!"
Not a bad performance for a pre-season month.

So far 2016 hasn't been a good year for the Bone,

* Xbox live experiencing down times in long stretches
* Losing the exclusives to PC
* Shuttering down of two studios and cancellation of two games

I wanna ask Abdiel what the general mood and if it affected a few sales. His customers are usually in-tune with these kind of news (Halo 5's lack of Co-op etc)

Hawkens

Even with the bundle. May is the worse month of the year, even the 360 in 2011 failed to sell 300K in may.

But we can see PS4 flat in June.

Well going back through last gen, the only time a console managed to sell >400k in May was when Nintendo had just released Mario Kart wii in the last week of April, so i doubt that the PS4 will be >400k.

On the other hand, Mario Kart Wii releasing in the last week of April is about the closest we have come in the last decade of having a massive exclusive release.
The biggest exclusive to release to release in May in the last decade is likely MLB 14 the Show for the PS4. (Forza 2, Infamous, and Alan Wake are the only other notable ones each ~200k or less) Uncharted will be about 5x bigger than any exclusive released in May in the last 10 years.

jonno394

Nintendo Wii U software is selling ok-ish considering the installed base. Wii U hardware i always low, but I cannot help but noticing that it's not as bas as PSV ever was, for example - Wii U still has a tiny space in retailing at least.

I think it actually bodes well for NX in some way, if Nintendo can get the marketing and software right from the off.

allan-bh

So which bomba cost the most to the pub, SFV, Rise of the TR or The Order? (I mean dev costs, not losses due to bomba status).

I have a feeling TO is the most expensive (huge dev time) and SF is the cheapest (a game this barebones can't have been expensive. They must have started development after the trailer leaked and they realised they needed to make a game).

Rise of the Tomb Raider must have been quite expensive too, maybe even more than The Order.

At least S-E received money from Microsoft.

Top Bottom