• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for January 2007

jimbo

Banned
Playstation 2 299k, 37.4mm
Xbox --, 14.5mm
Gamecube 34k, 11.7mm
Xbox 360 294k, 4.8mm
Playstation 3 244k, 937k
Wii 436k, 1.5mm
GBA 179k, 35.3mm
Nintendo DS 239k, 9.4mm
PSP 211k, 6.9mm

Mr Patcher. You are wrong. Again.

This is a dissapointing but expected month for the consoles. The 360 remains strong, the PS3 dissapointing while the Wii sells far less than what the hype out for it would make you believe because of its supply issues. Next month will be fun. I expect much lower numbers all around, including Wii.

Pud

Banned
jimbo said:
Mr Patcher. You are wrong. Again.

This is a dissapointing but expected month for the consoles. The 360 remains strong, the PS3 dissapointing while the Wii sells far less than what the hype out for it would make you believe because of its supply issues. Next month will be fun. I expect much lower numbers all around, including Wii.

B00000ID2X.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

ethelred

jimbo said:
This is a dissapointing but expected month for the consoles. The 360 remains strong, the PS3 dissapointing while the Wii sells far less than what the hype out for it would make you believe because of its supply issues.

Out of curiousity, what did you expect the Wii would sell, given that its January numbers are higher than any other console's (adjusted for five weeks) January numbers except PS2 in 2002, 2003, and 2005?

jimbo said:
Next month will be fun. I expect much lower numbers all around, including Wii.

February will be a 4 week month instead of a 5 week month, so... yeah.

jimbo

Banned
ethelred said:
Out of curiousity, what did you expect the Wii would sell, given that its January numbers are higher than any other console's (adjusted for five weeks) January numbers except PS2 in 2002, 2003, and 2005?

February will be a 4 week month instead of a 5 week month, so... yeah.

Considering the current hype for it, if it wasn't supplied contstrained, who here WOULDN'T expect it to have blown past 500k on a 5 week month?

vasuba

Banned
jimbo said:
Considering the current hype for it, if it wasn't supplied contstrained, who here WOULDN'T expect it to have blown past 500k on a 5 week month?

well technically it did meet the 500K mark. Nintendo Said 500K a month to North America. Canada sold almost 40K units. so as a whole based on numbers they are basiclly hitting the cap of what they produce and ship to the US

Jokeropia

jimbo said:
But it was pretty damn clear the whole time that it WAS supply constrained, so you still shouldn't have expected it to sell 500k+.

GhaleonEB

vasuba said:
well technically it did meet the 500K mark. Nintendo Said 500K a month to North America. Canada sold almost 40K units. so as a whole based on numbers they are basiclly hitting the cap of what they produce and ship to the US
Exactly. Nintendo is hitting their shipment goals, and selling everything instantly. You can criticize them for not shipping more, but the volume is good and the fact that demand is where it is - in January no less - is simply amazing.

Grecco

Alitle late for me. But awesome Wii sales. Its gonna keep going and going and going. :D

and im glad Wario Ware sold well, I was worried it wouldnt sell so well seing as how the DS and GCN versions were sub par.

jimbo said:

Eh? Its not like Iwata can go to manufacturers, cast magic, and create Wiis out of thin air....

gamergirly said:
Eh? Its not like Iwata can go to manufacturers, cast magic, and create Wiis out of thin air....

Not yet he can't...

Needs more pikmen to be planted in the factories. And they need to find Tingle again.

Arsenal

FirstInHell said:
cringe worthy bad.

Not sure if 30-40ish is cringe-worthy, although its certainly not great. This is the type of game that can really only find success if it is able to sell steadily over a long period of time. Its not a blockbuster, but it is still an important title for the platform.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
bmf said:
Didn't want to create a new thread just for this, but does anyone know when the February NPD data is due? Is it the 8th or the 15th?
I'm pretty sure it's the 15th.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
bmf said:
Didn't want to create a new thread just for this, but does anyone know when the February NPD data is due? Is it the 8th or the 15th?

Its always the second Thursday of the month (if not later)

Fuzzy said:
Second Thursday after the end of the NPD month. February NPD ended yesterday.
Gah. This is why we need to get a new calendar with thirteen 28 day months, and an extra day that's not a part of any month or week at the end of every year. Two of them on leap years.

Top Bottom