• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for January 2007

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Sorry for the wait.

Top 10 SKUs

1. 360 LOST PLANET: EXTREME CONDITION 329k
2. PS2 GUITAR HERO 2 W/GUITAR 224k
3. 360 GEARS OF WAR 212k
4. WII WARIOWARE: SMOOTH MOVES 201k
5. WII LEGEND OF ZELDA: TWILIGHT PRINCESS 189k
6. PS2 MADDEN NFL 07 156k
7. GCN LEGEND OF ZELDA: TWILIGHT PRINCESS 144k
8. PS3 RESISTANCE: FALL OF MAN 144k
9. 360 TOM CLANCY'S RAINBOW SIX: VEGAS 135k
10. NDS NEW SUPER MARIO BROS 125k

Hardware Install Base, January 2007 & LTD

Playstation 2 299k, 37.4mm
Xbox --, 14.5mm
Gamecube 34k, 11.7mm
Xbox 360 294k, 4.8mm
Playstation 3 244k, 937k
Wii 436k, 1.5mm
GBA 179k, 35.3mm
Nintendo DS 239k, 9.4mm
PSP 211k, 6.9mm

Dante said:
Resistance <3
yeah. it's good to see it showing some legs. hopefully though the ps3 won't be the resistance box for much longer if you catch my drift.

gears is really impressive, guitar hero 2 is really impressive (can't wait to see how it does on 360), mario is really impressive... zelda is doing nicely, espescially combined.

all in all that's a pretty bloody respectable top 10.

sphinx

the piano man
EviLore said:
1. 360 LOST PLANET: EXTREME CONDITION 329k
2. PS2 GUITAR HERO 2 W/GUITAR 224k
3. 360 GEARS OF WAR 212k
4. WII WARIOWARE: SMOOTH MOVES 201k
5. WII LEGEND OF ZELDA: TWILIGHT PRINCESS 189k
6. PS2 MADDEN NFL 07 156k
7. GCN LEGEND OF ZELDA: TWILIGHT PRINCESS 144k
8. PS3 RESISTANCE: FALL OF MAN 144k
9. 360 TOM CLANCY'S RAINBOW SIX: VEGAS 135k
10. NDS NEW SUPER MARIO BROS 125k

Wow, it seems like a dream world. Every company with more than 1 game in the top 10. like good brothers living in peace together :p .

sphinx said:
Wow, it seems like a dream world. Every company with more than 1 game in the top 10. like good brothers living in peace together :p .
three console future my man... believe :)

it's a good world.

It's crazy how well the GC edition of TP is selling. I think it goes to show how many GC owners have yet to make the switch to Wii.

ksamedi

Resistence is doing what it should do, since its pretty much the only high profile game for many. Nice Wii numbers as well, Wario Ware did well in europe too and sold decent in Japan. It will probably top 1 million worldwide. Zelda is close to 2 mill combined and thats great since the development costs were probably 20 millon or something.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
sphinx said:

No PSP though. :(

Which reminds me...is it possible to get top 5 for each of the platforms? Or at least the top-selling PSP game? I'm curious to see if PSP software sales are still...not doing well. :S

Krowley

One thing needs mentioning...

More than half of the top 10 are next gen games. I think that's a trend that will get stronger as this year goes on.

I don't think the ps2 is going to last forever and i'm guessing by the end of the year, it will be rare to see a top 10 ps2 game.

KINGMOKU

Smokey Bones said:
Anybody know what NSMB is at LTD in America?
I'd be carefull about asking, or getting a reply.

What you see is what you get here at GAF. Anything further, unless I am confused, is an auto-ban.

Very shakey ground beyond anything posted.

u_neek

What a great day to be a (insert console)-fanboy.
208__S2E4487.JPG

And good numbers for January!

GhaleonEB

Blimblim said:
Keep in mind that there were 2 skus for Lost Planet, though one sold much better than the other.
I was just going to point that out. LP did quite a bit better; I was hoping they'd combine SKUs like was done for Gears in Nov/Dec.

sphinx

the piano man
Everybody is aware that Twilight princess sold 333k, making it the top seller game of the month, right?

Smokey

moku said:
I'd be carefull about asking, or getting a reply.

What you see is what you get here at GAF. Anything further, unless I am confused, is an auto-ban.

Very shakey ground beyond anything posted.

Hmm.

Didn't know that, so if I get banned then it is what it is.

They should post a sticky at the top of the forum explaining what you can and can't do in NPD threads then. Not everybody is on this forum everyday.

Top Bottom