• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for January 2010

Celine

nintendo_logo-400-4001.jpg
bow_down.gif

Frillen

DMeisterJ said:
Nice month for all consoles save for PSP.

MAG :(

The game sucks compared to MW2, and it will suck compared to Bad Company 2. So why the :( face? The whole game is a big disappointment.

It's a shame that Bayonetta - undoubtedly one of the best games in years - didn't get rewarded with remarkable sales, but I suppose it's not surprising.

Grecco

Bayonetta continues to long road of Platinum Games bombing in the US. Oh well. Its a good game.

Semi underwhelming sales for Darksiders as well. Yikes. Also PS2 finally dead.

Road

Poor numbers all around, with the exception of the 360 (and maybe NDS).

LTD:

WII - 27.7 million
360 - 19.0 million
PS3 - 11.4 million
NDS - 39.3 million
PSP - 16.9 million
PS2 - 45.5 million

DMeisterJ

Banned
Frillen said:
The game sucks compared to MW2, and it will suck compared to Bad Company 2. So why the :( face? The whole game is a big disappointment.

I kinda liked it (the beta that is) and haven't gotten around to getting it yet, but I don't want to buy it if it doesn't sell good (considering it's MP only) so the sad face is that I may not buy it. :/

TehSw1tch

Banned
I demand numbers for NMH2 and Tatsunoko.

How the hell was Darksiders suppose to have sold 1.2 million copies? That's what THQ said, but I'd be surprised if it cracked 250k.

KamenSenshi

wow ps2 is done. they milked that one dry, i wonder if its about time they finish up selling them soon if this keeps up. nsmb is over mw2 360 now right?

Zen

Banned
Nice 360 bump for Mass Effect 2. I guess the PS2 is basically done (though it won't be discontinued for some time). Ow for the PSP Sony should really price drop and relaunch the Go as it were.

Very surprised at Bayonetta not sneaking into the top 10, I guess it's probably going to perform similar to how it did in Japan.

I wish we could get a list without Nintendo software included, don't get me wrong, Nintendo is awesome and everything but they make the NPD top 10 too predictable and deprive us of sales data that I'd personally find more interesting than the every greens. :lol

No surprised that MAG really didn't do much, the beta seemed to be as dull as watching paint dry.

Wiseblade

I wasn't expecting such a steep drop, but I probably should have known better. Good job for Mass effect, but NSMBW outselling it is pretty impressive.

Top Bottom