• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for January 2016

Ryng_tolu

Banned
rw5Skj1.png

Lol

So, Sony has that marketing deal with COD now, but is still selling better on XB1?

Interesting.

CoD bundle for PS4 impacts individual unit sales, it has sold more on PS4 in total, same for Battlefront.

Do we need to point this out every NPD thread?

Chobel

Interesting qoute:

In January 2016, however, the sales of [current] generation consoles declined by 8 percent, despite relatively flat unit sales, as average prices dipped by 6 percent as a result of price cuts that took place between January 2015 and January 2016.”

So PS4+XBO (+Wii U?) sold in January 2016 almost the same as January 2015.

mstevens

So if overall hardware and software is down, but ps4 is up for both, I guess that doesn't mean good things for Xbox one and Wii U?

sense

So, Sony has that marketing deal with COD now, but is still selling better on XB1?

Interesting.
Stop bringing up the marketing deal like it is supposed to convert millions of gamers overnight after a generation of Xbox marketing. Plus the game sold more on ps4 including bundles and one of the only official ps4 bundle out right now I believe. It is a long term play and working for them

Ridley327

Nintendo completely missing from the minds and the charts...

I sincerely doubt Paper Jam had any chance of charting ahead of multiplats, even in January. The excitement just wasn't there for it.

Fire Emblem will be the one to watch for, especially since NoA has done well with RPGs in February in the past.

Interesting.

Marketing deals include bundles which means the individual units sell better on the opposite platform.

MS has a Fallout bundle which means it has more single unit PS4 sales and PS4 has Battlefront and COD bundles which means they more more X1 units

Stop bringing up the marketing deal like it is supposed to convert millions of gamers overnight after a generation of Xbox marketing. Plus the game sold more on ps4 including bundles and one of the only official ps4 bundle out right now I believe. It is a long term play and working for them
I hope he's joking. The marketing deal was gold. All those bundles sold.

AmyS

You can bet GTA V (yes, GTA 5) will get re-released again on next gen consoles in 4K / 2160p, 60fps with with PC Ultra+ graphics and sell another 10+ million copies.

with full VR support @ 90/120 Hz

Boke1879

In regards to the Lego games. I'm interested to see how well Lego TFA does when it releases. That's probably going to be huge.

Top Bottom