• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results For January 2017 (We also have platform charts)

Any estimates on how many copies Uncharted 4 has sold WW?

It's been a huge driver for the PS4 all around. And that Uncharted bundle SKU the top selling for 4 months means a serious amount of people getting to play the game.

deleted

Do we have numbers on 3DS hardware? Or a #? Would it have been in the top 3 instead of NES Classic, or is that list just consoles?

Really interested in how it's holding yoy. It's coming of a good year and availability seems to have been limited over Christmas.

Cumulative sales of the best selling Yakuza title barely match Tales of Zestiria launch month sales.

The fact that Tales of Berseria is above Final Fantasy XV (PlayStation 4 chart) gives me hopes that it sold on par with the previous entry.

Thanks for the further info. Yeah, Yakuza has always been a small fry so I'm not surprised to hear that. I wanna say Tales also benefited in the west because Symphonia and Vesperia were among the few major, high quality JRPGs on their platforms. Yakuza sadly never had that kind of exclusive luxury and it started out pretty late into the PS2's lifespan.

I just hope 0 sold well compared to its predecessors. The WOM is waaaaayy more than what even 5 got in recent memory, and being a prequel surely makes it pretty inviting.

zMiiChy-

Banned
I'm quite to see Tales of chart on the PS4.

Hopefully the claims the Resident Evil 7 was a failure can finally stop.

I don't understand why people thought Kingdom Hearts was niche in the US.
Even if the games are overpriced, they are very popular in the states.

Yakuza 0 not even in the top 10 for PS4. That thread about a PC version is now more hilarious in hindsight saleswise huh.

People pulling numbers out of nowhere like 200k-300k or even 900k for a PC version of Yakuza 0 not knowing what the series actually typical does.

Gravity Rush ;_;

Yeah, as expected it's sadly still really niche. :( It deserves more sales!
Still though, hopefully it did well enough.

Very cool to see Tales of Berseria in the top list since they did a really good job with Berseria, hopefully it's doing quite well, I really like it.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Hardware on the decline again. Sony/MS are failing to broaden their reach.

Until Sony comes out with 60million units sold, then people forget all about DOOMED talk. There's more to their sales than one month in january, or America for that matter.

Guess Tales of Berseria being on the PS4 chart over Yakuza 0 and Gravity Rush 2 kinda demonstrates how GAF hype/taste can be different even for three niche titles since it feels like, while well received, the amount of hype/talk of Tales is the least of the three on this forum.

Still though poor Kat.

Any estimates on how many copies Uncharted 4 has sold WW?

It's been a huge driver for the PS4 all around. And that Uncharted bundle SKU the top selling for 4 months means a serious amount of people getting to play the game.
All we have is the 8.7M announcement. We don't know how much of those are from bundles but I imagine they make up a good portion of total sales.

That's kinda bad for a new entry. Do you know the launch numbers for BBS?

Edit: Actually maybe 200k is not that bad.
It's not bad at all and DDD wasn't as well received either.

BBS was 500k(japan) first two days tho obviously much better, by November I think it was like 1.2mil worldwide (game cam out in September

ethomaz

Banned
All we have is the 8.7M announcement. We don't know how much of those are from bundles but I imagine they make up a good portion of total sales.
If you take it is the 4th month it is the best selling SKU being two of these months November and December...

I say at least 3m units WW are bundled.

Aki-at

Yakuza 0 not even in the top 10 for PS4. That thread about a PC version is now more hilarious in hindsight saleswise huh.

People pulling numbers out of nowhere like 200k-300k or even 900k for a PC version of Yakuza 0 not knowing what the series actually typical does.

Port begging really clouds people's judgement and reasoning.

Personally if this title can manage about 75k to 100k life time in America and 75k to 100k life time in other territories it'll be a good success for Sega I feel. Growing sales by 50k to 100k from the previous release will show there's real growth for the franchise's sales potential in the West long term.

False. On a monthly basis we are shown over and over again that the market does not care about "talent" or "best" games. Where are GR2 and Yakuza 0? Were they not made by talented people? Did they not review incredibly well?

True ;_; GR2 was robbed. It won acclaim at least!

“The PlayStation 4 was the best-selling hardware (in units sold) during January 2017,”

Is there another way to become best-selling hardware?

prwxv3

what were those people smoking? PC versions of many Japanese games do sell decently which is why many japanese pups have them but they don't sell enough to be the primary platform.

Port begging really clouds people's judgement and reasoning.

Personally if this title can manage about 75k to 100k life time in America and 75k to 100k life time in other territories it'll be a good success for Sega I feel. Growing sales by 50k to 100k from the previous release will show there's real growth for the franchise's sales potential in the West long term.

Yep.

Going by ZhugeEx's tweets yesterday (I believe), it seems that it did well for a Yakuza game but obviously still fairly niche. I'm just glad we're getting Kiwami and 6.

what were those people smoking? PC versions of many Japanese games do sell decently which is why many japanese pups have them but they don't sell enough to be the primary platform.

Some people just don't know the actual sales status of a game before they try and make guesses of hypothetical other versions.

I'm quite to see Tales of chart on the PS4.

Hopefully the claims the Resident Evil 7 was a failure can finally stop.

I don't understand why people thought Kingdom Hearts was niche in the US.
Even if the games are overpriced, they are very popular in the states.

Chart positions don't really mean success or failure in a month where retail sales are slightly down yoy, but digital sales are likely up.

”The PlayStation 4 was the best-selling hardware (in units sold) during January 2017,"

Is there another way to become best-selling hardware?

NPD differentiates between revenue rankings and units rankings.

Top Bottom