• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for July 2013 [Up2: 3DS Minimum, AC:NL, LM2/NSMBU LTDs, Xbox 360]

I fail to see how this would make me feel any better. In the end, my money would still be on a console that gets abandoned right away. Unless the discount would be a lot bigger than I'm imagining right now.

Also, wouldn't Nintendo bleed more money from this?

In the short term they would of course. Long term? Open to debate. Failed products are failed products, there's no reason to sustain their life for prolonged periods of time.

I wouldn't really care if you felt bad about it now, if I would have the chance to convert 10 of you with my next product. Get it over with while you still can IMO

Ridley327

No, I haven't played SMT IV, at all.

If Index wasn't in trouble, I don't see why they couldn't have.

It was clear that SMTIV was never going to hit the PS3 even before Index took over Atlus. The console side definitely is "all Persona, all the time" at this juncture.

Sakura

Would it? because even p4g on Vita was 100k+ after 1 month. The game would have definitely got a lot more attention on consoles. Hell Catherine(a fucking puzzle game) had higher numbers than this.

Persona is a bigger franchise in the west than SMT is. The fanbase for a niche title like this will for the most part follow it where ever it goes. Has little to do with install base or platform.

Minecraft exclusivity on Wii U makes perfect sense and would potentially save the console. Reggie should've gone all in for this!

I never played Minecraft before but the Gamepad would be a perfect tool for it, right?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I was playing it the other day, fantastic game but it could have been done on 360/PS3. The only problem is the 500+(irc) demons.

Yeah, 500+ is a bit overkill honestly, and most them you'll never use.

It's like PD putting all those fucking 1980s Honda Civics in GT.

Bsigg12

Its not helping that Walmart appears to be removing WiiU from inventory, same as its overseas counterpart.

Been in my nearby walmart many times and its been out of stock. Went their yesterday and now the shelf was redone with only Wii prices listed. Basically completely removed Wii U areas for hardware.

I think Walmart has 100% removed it from their stores for now. Hell, the white 8gb option isn't even listed on their website anymore. Wondering if they are just finishing off last stock via website and then bam, gone completely.

No its still scheduled to be set inline. Individual stores may be trying to reuse the space but overall all stores are supposed to have a 4ft case dedicated to it.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Crafting on the tablet would have made a lot of sense. Too bad Nintendo has worse third party relations than Ouya.

mclem

What's with the references to GTA4 complete? Is that a new package? I can't help but think that it's something that's been around for ages, but I might be conflating it with the standalone Episodes release.

Persona is a bigger franchise in the west than SMT is. The fanbase for a niche title like this will for the most part follow it where ever it goes. Has little to do with install base or platform.
Explain Catherine (the puzzle game), no way that has a bigger appeal than SMT. I think that the west doesn't really care about JRPGs that much (especially when it's on handhelds). P4G would have done better numbers on PS3/360 imo(despite it selling well on Vita), same goes for SMTIV.
Yeah, 500+ is a bit overkill honestly, and most them you'll never use.

It's like PD putting all those fucking 1980s Honda Civics in GT.

Hahaha nice analogy

Yawnier

Banned
I expect more inline of 45-50k, I really hope that Sonic Lost world boosts sales of Wii U in October together with Zelda Windwaker

You could be right, I don't know maybe I'm being a bit too generous and overselling the selling prowess of the Pikmins because fucking heat waves and all.

Metallix87

OK so a 3DS Persona was never announced.

Good to know.

Everything else from Atlus on that list has been released. Persona would be next. There was no official announcement from Atlus, but Nintendo wouldn't have put it on that list for no reason.

Petrae

What's with the references to GTA4 complete? Is that a new package? I can't help but think that it's something that's been around for ages, but I might be conflating it with the standalone Episodes release.

GTA IV Complete is a retail package with the original game and the two DLC expansions bundled together.

Explain Catherine (the puzzle game), no way that has a bigger appeal than SMT. I think that the west doesn't really care about JRPGs that much (especially when it's on handhelds). P4G would have done better numbers on PS3/360 imo(despite it selling well on Vita), same goes for SMTIV.

Even if this is true (which I am skeptical of, given how SMT3 performed on the behemoth that was the PS2), does it outweigh the significantly increased development costs of the first original mainline SMT game on HD consoles?

either you're talking about japan, or your information is wrong. p4g isn't at 100k now.

I could be reading the numbers wrong but

Vita SW LTD
Include bundle, and I have no idea which one is 1st party so I post all.

cod
u:ga
ac3
mk
nfl
umvc3
u13
mlb12
mr:rt
lbp
r:bs
fifa
gr
golf
rayman
logo batman2
nfs
mgshd
persona4
little deviants

others, not all
ngasp
pasbr
rr
lumines
ro
katamari
disgaea3
sfxtk
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=46302970&highlight=#post46302970

It was in the top selling Vita games for like 6 months straight too, and according to Sony, Vita digital game sales are higher than PS3(irc). I'm sure it's 100k+ regardless.

Busaiku

Catherine, with its 78k, wasn't exactly very far off from Shin Megami Tensei IV.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Everything else from Atlus on that list has been released. Persona would be next. There was no official announcement from Atlus, but Nintendo wouldn't have put it on that list for no reason.

Yes they would have. Its just a list of developer support and their most well known franchises that could appear on the system. Its not indicative of actual or future development. It was literally just Atlus listing off their 4 most well known IPs.

Those list never mean anything. See the lack of Devil May Cry PSP or SMT PS3.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

A mainline SMT was on the list of titles for the PS3 when it launched. (And for the Vita for that matter too)

Look where that landed.

Plus, that may have been wrong and become Soul Hackers.

Until ATLUS themselves, come out and say, there is a Persona game on the 3DS that E3 list means fuckall.

Yes they would have. Its just a list of developer support and their most well known franchises that could appear on the system. Its not indicative of actual or future development. It was literally just Atlus listing off their 4 most well known IPs.

Those list never mean anything. See the lack of Devil May Cry PSP or SMT PS3.

Thank you!

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Would it? because even p4g on Vita was 100k+ after 1 month. The game would have definitely got a lot more attention on consoles. Hell Catherine(a fucking puzzle game) had higher numbers than this.

Where did that number come from?

You are. Those are LTD and the games under 100k haven't passed that mark.

29k/4 wk for Wii U is 7.25k/wk.

Japan is currently outperforming the USA with approx. 9k/wk.

I still can't believe Japan, a country that's 1/3rd the size of the USA, is outpacing USA sales.

sense

So how much has tlou sold worldwide at this point? Like 1.5 million?

in the US it is 1.15 million physical copies so far. sony said they shipped/sold 3.4 million worldwide in 3 weeks which includes digital. 200k in germany and japan and thats kinda all we know in terms of numbers.

Sakura

What do you mean explain Catherine? It is a completely different game. Different setting, different genre, etc. Why do I have to explain why it sold more than SMTIV? Obviously the style of game it was appealed to a western audience more. And it's not about whether or not the games would do better numbers on consoles, it's about whether they would do well enough to offset the higher development time and cost, which seems very unlikely.

AniHawk

It was in the top selling Vita games for like 6 months straight too, and according to Sony, Vita digital game sales are higher than PS3(irc). I'm sure it's 100k+ regardless.

the 100k happens before p4g gets listed.

Top Bottom