• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for July 2014 [Up1: 3DS LTDs, Wii U LTDs, Tomodachi]

TomShoe

Banned
* Sony #1 as usual*
* No Titanfall *

viewtopic.php

Guevara

Microsoft also released a statement, but it was even less specific than Nintendo.

“Xbox One continues to sell at a strong and steady pace following the release of the $399 console in June, when month-to-month sales more than doubled,” a Microsoft spokesperson told GamesBeat. “We continued to see this momentum in July.”​

strong and steady

Kayant

Should add this as well to OP.

“Xbox One continues to sell at a strong and steady pace following the release of the $399 console in June, when month-to-month sales more than doubled,” a Microsoft spokesperson told GamesBeat. “We continued to see this momentum in July.”

So 4 months in a row with no proper PR.....

Petrae

Minecraft is a monster. Sony continues to open up its lead over Microsoft. The Last of Us, The First in Sales.

Good to have some storylines during an otherwise quiet month on the retail front.

Anyone have a guess as to what the top 10 SKU list is, considering Mario Kart 7 is on it?

MK7 > GTA 360 and > COD:Ghosts X1?

prag16

Banned
Okay, somebody get the calculator out and go to town on Nintendo's reported percentage increases...

Microsoft also released a statement, but it was even less specific than Nintendo.

“Xbox One continues to sell at a strong and steady pace following the release of the $399 console in June, when month-to-month sales more than doubled,” a Microsoft spokesperson told GamesBeat. “We continued to see this momentum in July.”​

strong and steady

Yeah MS's PR is like the most vague I have heard to date almost impressively so

strong and steady

I would say stable.

Will we see actual numbers this month? We already knew PS4 would be number 1.

Incredible for TLOU to place #1 after just a few days on the market. But also expected, we want numbers!

RE_Player

The only chance Microsoft has to top Sony in sales is the Master Chief Collection. I doubt it will give the Xbox One enough momentum to topple the PS4 though.

TomShoe

Banned
Someone fire Nirolak, thanks.

The only chance Microsoft has to top Sony in sales is the Master Chief Collection. I doubt it will give the Xbox One enough momentum to topple the PS4 though.

Maybe for one month, but that's during holiday buying season, so I'm not sure how long it would last.

And in the long gone yesteryear
Don Mattrick's words made Redmond cheer
"Ten million first shall win this race!"
He said, with grin upon his face.

"The coming battle shall be won right here,
With games like Halo and Forza and Gears."
He ended his statement with a triumphant nod
Secure in his love from the gaming gods

His words stoked fires among the fans
Each camp clenched swords in bloodied hands
The system warz began again
Three noble fighters, each sure to win

Microsoft, of course, had their white box
Sleek, and powerful, and filled with lots
Of games to play with friends new and old
Or even watch Netflix (if you paid for Gold)

The box upon which SCE was betting
Had power, confusion, and printer settings
The games would look and run so swell
If developers could handle the goddamn Cell

And in the third corner of the ring
Stood the tiny offering from the former king
An innovative waggle-box called the Wii
Would eventually win, quite handily

But fear not brave warriors! War is not through!
Nintendo returned with the shiny WiiU!
It's a console! It's a tablet! It's both things combined!
It's the word "underwhelming," redefined

The other two fighters each had a son
The 360 gave birth to the Xbox One
Underpowered, TV-focused, and chained to Kinect
It struggles to gain traction, or even respect

PS3's new child has shot up the charts
Sleek and powerful, with a gaming heart
It seems quite destined to stay far ahead
Unless Sony acts like Sony and shits in the bed

But now that Gamescom '14 is here at long last
Words did echo from deep in the past
"The first to 10 million shall win at all cost!"
Hung from Microsoft's neck like a stone albatross

So now Tokyo laughs as Redmond sneers
And Lara Croft's eyes well up with tears
For bad news has arrived for the mighty Xbone
PS4 was the first to reach Don's milestone

I posted this once in another thread, but it seemed fitting here too, considering the PS4's continued success. I hope it doesn't make me seem like an attention whore. This is the only time I'll repost it.

Thanks Road.

Amazing Minecraft is number 2, that or the top 10 have pretty low numbers. Sure, it's a four week month, but Minecraft only had four weeks as well and usually chart's 4-7. Outside of some Nintendo games last gen, and Call of Duty games, I haven't seen a title with such strong legs.

Percy

Banned
Nice to see Last of Us do so well yet again. Was one of my favourite PS3 games and I'll be getting it on PS4 next month as well.

Mario Kart shitting in Polygon's soup is extremely gratifying as well.

lmao at MS' PR. How times change.

Derphoof

Wow, I was not expecting TLoU to be #1 for the month. Congrats to them on that.

Nice to see MK8 staying strong at #5.

C4Lukins

Man, TLoU at the top? Holy shit.

Should not be surprising. There was nothing last month, and i bet The Last of Us did really well. A good number of last gen 360 early adopters seem to have jumped ship to PS4 this gen who maybe never played that game. I bet 400k plus is not a big stretch for Last of Us.

Bitanator

Vita retail is dead. I don't know why they stock physical games for the system.

Do you think Vita Minecraft will take a hit since the PS3 version is selling well and it is a cross-buy game? Bundling might be the best option for the game

Top Bottom