• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for July 2014 [Up1: 3DS LTDs, Wii U LTDs, Tomodachi]

Mikey Jr.

Not surprised PS4 has been #1 all the time.

Seems like PS4 gets all the cool shit.

-Indies seem to be flocking to it
-Destiny Alpha
-Hardline Beta
-PT
-Tlou

Theres always SOMETHING going on with the PS4.

impact

Banned
8. Sniper Elite III (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)

This is solid proof that the thirst is so strong, you can release anything and get good sales on nextgen. If Platinum released a nextgen multiplat this year (or last year at launch) they'd finally have a sales hit on their hands.

This is solid proof that the thirst is so strong, you can release anything and get good sales on nextgen. If Platinum released a nextgen multiplat this year (or last year at launch) they'd finally have a sales hit on their hands.

I see what you did there. Subtle, but good.

Stop responding to veritassen.

Veritassen, please drop this now. You're being unbelievably rude and are teetering on the edge here.

Hey bro how am I being rude exactly? I'd say the person saying I'm an asshole for expressing an opinion and then defending that opinion is rude.

hohoXD123

What are the attachment rates looking like for the PS4/X1 now?

I didn't make it about me. The guy posted it on an open forum where anyone can respond. That was my personal opinion on the matter. Thought he'd like a different perspective.

In case you missed it...
Stop responding to veritassen.

Veritassen, please drop this now. You're being unbelievably rude and are teetering on the edge here.

I bet they won't lol

Still feel like this is what was happening behind the scenes at the beginning of this gen.

i97P4bk7nDuQ9.gif

Well done TLOU, much deserved.

bender

What time is it?

That's a little harsh or am I reading into the comment too much? Sniper Elite is a solid title.

Hoje0308

Banned
Because you told the birthday boy his gift was a piece of shit and should be returned. Why was his pleasure in getting a gift an open invitation for you to display a negative comment?

Because some people don't come to forums just to discuss their hobby, they come because people in the real world avoid them. For good reason, it seems.

ERMint13

Since the ever reliable VGc updates their numbers at some point in the next couple days will they be the best we have for solid numbers now? Or did they just steal their numbers from the leak as well?

PS4 is still rolling...crazy

Since the ever reliable VGc updates their numbers at some point in the next couple days will they be the best we have for solid numbers now? Or did they just steal their numbers from the leak as well?

PS4 is still rolling...crazy

Never ever use chartz for anything, ever

Just don't

They still have the PS4 at 9.3M WW after a clear 10M announcement several days ago

SmokyDave

People, there are far more pressing matters at hand here. Against all odds and despite being stocked in only two retailers (both in Arkansas), it seems the Vita has seen some growth! Growth!

It's giving me a growth, I'll tell you that for nowt.

my man! I've been listening to that soundtrack a lot recently. Bowie's Moonage Daydream off of Ziggy Stardust was in Guardians of the Galaxy and that album always reminds me of Rocky Horror.

yep.
Killer soundtrack, ain't it. I remember the first time I fired up the 25th anniversary and heard it in crystal clear surround. Life changing.

People, there are far more pressing matters at hand here. Against all odds and despite being stocked in only two retailers (both in Arkansas), it seems the Vita has seen some growth! Growth!

I imagine you smiling just like your profile pic right now.

Oh by the way Dave what did you want me to do with that truck full of stuff you had me pick up in Arkansas anyways?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
It's like watching someone play Russian Roulette by themselves.

That fits my thoughts. Usually people go on suicidal posting after being long time members and are bored, but this time it's going in and out with a bang.

And all of this because of NPD secrecy.

impact

Banned
That's a little harsh or am I reading into the comment too much? Sniper Elite is a solid title.

I found both 2 and 3 to be the very definition of mediocre. Once the "cool" sniper shot novelty wears off you're stuck with another boring console shooter.

But I didn't mean it as a complete dig to the Sniper team, I mean the worst Killzone game (and that's saying A LOT) sold over 2 mil in several months on PS4. Basically devs and pubs need to wake the fuck up and start releasing games. They sell!

Do you remember Thief? That game actually sold really well, even though I never felt any kind of palpable hype behind it.

There are exceptions though, Murdered: Soul Suspect being one of them.

Source

Forgot about Thief LOL. Yea, if I needed anymore proof for my argument there it is. Thief isn't mediocre, it's flat out bad.

TomShoe

Banned

Do you remember Thief? That game actually sold really well, even though I never felt any kind of palpable hype behind it.

There are exceptions though, Murdered: Soul Suspect being one of them.

Source

No surprises here so far. Really curious about Vita though. My understanding was that is was out of stock and no one knew when more were coming in. Such a weird situation I mean obviously it's not gonna sell tons regardless but not having it stock (not even online other than overpriced 3rd parties) certainly doesn't help matters.

Top Bottom