• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for July 2014 [Up1: 3DS LTDs, Wii U LTDs, Tomodachi]

prag16

Banned
This is a pretty boring one though, everyone is making sense and nobody has had a meltdown
Well, there was the "lol your birthday gift sucks and you should spit in your girlfriend's face and return it" guy earlier. That was entertaining for a while.

EDIT: beaten

It releasing shortly after the GameCube launched helped.

My post was mainly me talking about part of the reason why Smash did better than Halo 3 in 2008.

Anyway, Mario Kart Double Dash did similar to Smash Bros. Melee in sales iirc (4 million). Mario Kart didn't really boost the Wii U's sales by that much and I don't think Smash Bros will either. The game should definitely do well the month it releases though.

I don't think Smash is going to be a major system mover for Wii U (less so than MK8 but holiday sales will mask it). But a Halo remaster won't push more Xbox One units. Advanced Warfare, judging by the lead platform on Ghosts last month as per this report, will push a lot of Xbox One units.

So it will probably be PS4 > Xbox One > Wii U.

Mory Dunz

My post was mainly me talking about part of the reason why Smash did better than Halo 3 in 2008.

Anyway, Mario Kart Double Dash did similar to Smash Bros. Melee in sales iirc (4 million). Mario Kart didn't really boost the Wii U's sales by that much and I don't think Smash Bros will either. The game should definitely do well the month it releases though.

??

Is this WW?

I went away to play with my WiiU and see drama and bans.

So good today... lol

This post would have been fighting words an hour ago. Funny, I had completely forgotten about that meltdown until folks brought it up again. Hmmm, lets get back to being forgotten.

Sony .....

Hey Sony ....

Got a request for ya

Demons Souls Remastered

tumblr_m00nj1pCMa1r9x0sdo1_250.gif

Is that even possible? I know Sony is the true owner of Demon's Souls, but since they passed on publishing it outside of Japan, wouldn't Atlus need to have a say as well, seeing as they published it in the US (and Europe, too?)?

Don't agree. There's people who are waiting to get an Xbox One in November due to Halo MMC.

Yes, they are. The question is, who are these people? I'd wager most of them are Halo fans who would have bought the console anyways. I'm talking about the mainstream audience here, the people who make Halo the huge series it is. Let's not forget, Halo isn't what it used to be either.

This post would have been fighting words an hour ago. Funny, I had completely forgotten about that meltdown until folks brought it up again. Hmmm, lets get back to being forgotten.

Off topic, but the fact that you have the Majesty symbol as your avatar means you listen to good music, which means I like you. Good talk.

Chobel

I honestly don't think so. The game should do really well in November and December. And in terms of the months after, I think Halo MMC will still sell decently -- even possibly after Halo 5 comes out. I don't think Halo MMC will be impacted by a new entry in its series the same way Titanfall (1) will.

I think you're really overestimating Halo MCC, but I could be wrong so we'll have to wait and see for what happen in November.

Cuyejo

Uncharted 4 is gonna be the biggest game in the franchise, easily.
Overall this gen bodes well for Sony first party in terms of sales.

donny2112

veritassin
Banned
(Today, 05:04 PM)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For some reason, this just made me laugh out loud. :lol

I am ready with my protractor. Wherefore art thou creamsugar?

:)

I'm convinced that the 3DS is the least needed successor of all time. The DS would be well over 200 million if Nintendo kept creating games for it, and kept making systems.

Piracy. DSi and then 3DS were released to stop the rampant piracy. Seeing as only DS mode is widely cracked on them, they've succeeded in that much, at least.

TLoU>200k then but that's not too big of a shock. Thanks cream

You can't expect anything from Vita when it's sold out everywhere in the country.

Top Bottom