• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for July 2014 [Up1: 3DS LTDs, Wii U LTDs, Tomodachi]

Dire

Someone has to sing about TloUR numbers. I need to know! Come on Sony or ND, gloat!

I think you'll be surprised.

In spite of the incredible hype of the first one - it sold around 7million copies worldwide on a system with an install base of 80million+. It's also a system that the majority of PS4 owners also owned. The current drought of games could increase the attach rate, but it's also worth mentioning that those sales for the original TLOU were spread over a somewhat greater period of time than usual for a AAA hyped up title. Ultimately I'd be extremely surprised if we see numbers whose accomplishment goes incredibly far beyond "We beat Minecraft on the 360!"

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
If Nintendo do delay Smash for 2015, really will look bad with MK8 sales lowering.
Hyrule and Bayo2 can only do so much

Neither of those two games are doing anything.

Nintendo is still adamant that Smash is coming out this year on Wii U. They are really taking their time on setting a release date though.

ethomaz

Banned
That's all there was... so what post are you referring to?
I guess he is talking about Creamsugar saying < 17k and not Aquamarine... so the "WHAT".

I don't know for sure... English is not my primary language and you guys make it even hard making confusing comments :p

Make Animal Crossing for the 4DS and then use that as the base for the home system version, which cuts down on budget and dev time.

I think they will most likely "lead the development" of something like Animal Crossing on the 9th gen "high end"/home console and port a scaled down version to their 9th gen portable console during the game's development, and then release them simultaneously
They're looking into a very iPad to iPhone-like way of distributing their software and supporting their hardware business.
They can basically release games like DKC/Luigi's Mansion/Fire Emblem/Mario Kart on the NinGo/NinHome while also creating tempting exclusives like Animal Crossing:Go and Zelda:Home along the way.

...because that casual crowd has no real incentive to come back when they can phone, work, and game satisfactorily all on one device.

Then Nintendo needs to come up with a good reason for these people to buy their future hardware, and it's more than possible for them to create a successful Wii/DS/NES/GB-like machine that does the job.
I don't see any concrete evidence which proves that family/kid/casual/female gamers are glued to their phones/tablets and will never look at another appealing device.

I still disagree. It's not 17-25 only men who play the Maddens, CODs, whatever big name 3rd party game..

You can disagree all you want, but you might as well be disagreeing with the fact that Dinosaur's existed at one point in time.
Young western men are the primary audience for games like Madden, CoD, and Assassin's Creed; they're the ones who are consuming that kind of software at an alarming rate.
True there are young women and kids who plays these games, but they're a periphery demographic that doesn't really matter to EA/Activision/Ubi in the long haul. There is no point in a family/casual-aimed company like Nintendo caring about that kind of software.

jayu26

How many male waifus do you know? :p

tumblr_ljsfjhPLgi1qhqg0d.jpg

lol, nicely done.

Toki767

Neither of those two games are doing anything.

Nintendo is still adamant that Smash is coming out this year on Wii U. They are really taking their time on setting a release date though.

It's probably going to be December. They really should try to get it out before Black Friday though since it is the biggest shopping day of the year.

I'm surprised nobody is trying to take a guess at single since we know that every SKU apart from MK8, TLoU and Minecraft is below 85k thanks to Nintendo PR having Tomodachi at 85k in position 5 likely slightly bumped by some digital sales.

The NPD Ninjas are a real thing. They were absolutely brutal last time around. Lightning-fast reflexes once the site started to spread across the Internet (with GAF as the spark)...

Getting Newegg's legal team in a whole bunch of trouble. You know...that kind of thing.

Yikes, I guess their luck ran out after their shopping cart patent fight. Some scrub gets loose lips and it's game over.

FleetFeet

I guess he is talking about Creamsugar saying < 17k and not Aquamarine... so the "WHAT".

I don't know for sure... English is not my primary language and you guys make it even hard making confusing comments :p

Oh, I see... well I guess that can lead to confusion? But damn, that dude needs to quit hitting "submit reply" before he proof reads his posts. He is not making much sense, even after admitting his android phone is fucking him up.

Let's just say your English is leaps and bounds above his androids spell check capabilities! lol...

He doesn't strike me as someone who understands much outside of US culture.

That's the nicest way I can put it.

I should talk, I have no idea what a waifu is, nor do I care to find out. However, I do realize it is an idolized woman of some kind.

Idolized?

Are Mary Kate and ashley popular waifus in.Japan?

And in the long gone yesteryear
Don Mattrick's words made Redmond cheer
"Ten million first shall win this race!"
He said, with grin upon his face.

"The coming battle shall be won right here,
With games like Halo and Forza and Gears."
He ended his statement with a triumphant nod
Secure in his love from the gaming gods

His words stoked fires among the fans
Each camp clenched swords in bloodied hands
The system warz began again
Three noble fighters, each sure to win

Microsoft, of course, had their white box
Sleek, and powerful, and filled with lots
Of games to play with friends new and old
Or even watch Netflix (if you paid for Gold)

The box upon which SCE was betting
Had power, confusion, and printer settings
The games would look and run so swell
If developers could handle the goddamn Cell

And in the third corner of the ring
Stood the tiny offering from the former king
An innovative waggle-box called the Wii
Would eventually win, quite handily

But fear not brave warriors! War is not through!
Nintendo returned with the shiny WiiU!
It's a console! It's a tablet! It's both things combined!
It's the word "underwhelming," redefined

The other two fighters each had a son
The 360 gave birth to the Xbox One
Underpowered, TV-focused, and chained to Kinect
It struggles to gain traction, or even respect

PS3's new child has shot up the charts
Sleek and powerful, with a gaming heart
It seems quite destined to stay far ahead
Unless Sony acts like Sony and shits in the bed

But now that Gamescom '14 is here at long last
Words did echo from deep in the past
"The first to 10 million shall win at all cost!"
Hung from Microsoft's neck like a stone albatross

So now Tokyo laughs as Redmond sneers
And Lara Croft's eyes well up with tears
For bad news has arrived for the mighty Xbone
PS4 was the first to reach Don's milestone

I posted this once in another thread, but it seemed fitting here too, considering the PS4's continued success. I hope it doesn't make me seem like an attention whore. This is the only time I'll repost it.

Haha! amazing poem!

Top Bottom