• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results For July 2016

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Nice to see MonHun and the 3DS do well, good to see that even in the face of smartphones, there's an audience for premium handheld experiences. Also, at this point, who doesn't have GTA5? Even I do and I don't much care for the series :p

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Sorry, I messed that post up a bit. That bit about the sales being bad was supposed to be an observation when simply looking at the YoY change alongside how the PS4 has dropped below last year's YTD.

What I was trying to say was that when you add other factors, such as big releases (last June had one compared to none this year for example), it's much more likely that July seems "bad" because the sales are shifting around.

Hence why PS4 was doing really good in earlier months this year but not so much now (vs. last year).

Seem right :)

sense

just noticed that no man's sky has the same amount of ratings on psn as uncharted 4 close to 20000. I guess the multiple e3 showings and marketing really worked out for sony/hello games. very curious to see its sales next month

Deku Tree

Is all this banned site data being posted in this thread considered to be correct and reliable now? I thought that data used to be considered unreliable.

Wasn't that poster at risk of losing their job? Should probably just stay away from this leaking business. Your job is more important

She is now allowed to share some information by NPD, who is under new management. From what I understand, she tried to come back on Gaf but couldn't, so she's posting on the forum of that sales-related site that she hates with a passion.

Speaking of new IPs, what are the biggest ones on console this gen that don't involve shooting anything? Most of the notable ones I can think of have plenty of guns. The effect of new IPs to reach new audiences is probably limited if all of them are shooters.

Ryse?

Yeah August should be an easy win for the Xbox. September will likely go back to PS4 though with a Slim + price drop

Might not be that easy since you would have the just starting momentum of the two cheaper Xbox One S Sku's, along with a couple exclusives in September, and the momentum from the Madden Bundle.
Add that the Slim and/or Neo, will release later in the month, Xbox may also get Sept.

GTA V, a 3 year old game and 3DS, a 5 year old handheld taking the spots. It feels surreal I tell you.
GTA is one of the biggest IP in video game history.

This is an indictment for just how shitty the software situation is for both PS4 and Xbox One. While certainly each respective system has its own hit titles and franchises, all they are really doing is playing to their built in audience. This generation has been abysmal for anything groundbreaking or a must-have system-selling exclusive title. Maybe it's old man yelling at the clouds here but for me this is the worst generation I've seen for software and I've been part of every console generation since 1979.
The bold is correct.

The software we're seeing at the top is nothing new.

Speaking of new IPs, what are the biggest ones on console this gen that don't involve shooting anything? Most of the notable ones I can think of have plenty of guns. The effect of new IPs to reach new audiences is probably limited if all of them are shooters.
Horizon: Zero Dawn will save us.

She is now allowed to share some information by NPD, who is under new management. From what I understand, she tried to come back on Gaf but couldn't, so she's posting on the forum of that sales-related site that she hates with a passion.

I thought she was banned for her own sake, as a requirement for her keeping her job. If she is no longer at risk of losing her job because of new NPD management, she should definitely be allowed back, imo

here you go

CqiT_PdW8AABHZx.jpg:large

Very interesting, thank you.

1.2 million in the US so far. Things should pick up with the new console.

Since we had that report of 18 million in Jan 2016, 1.2m so far in the US and ROW sales lagging behind if the you look at the data of 2013 US and worldwide report from MS, you can extrapolate what they did in 2014 and 2015 ROW, they must be on 20.2-21 million sold to consumers?

Welfare

Very interesting, thank you.

1.2 million in the US so far. Things should pick up with the new console.

Since we had that report of 18 million in Jan 2016, 1.2m so far in the US and ROW sales lagging behind if the you look at the data of 2013 US and worldwide report from MS, you can extrapolate what they did in 2014 and 2015 ROW, they must be on 20.2-21 million sold to consumers?

It's more like 19 million at the end of 2015 according to EA and Ubisoft. By the end of July it's probably above 21m.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Just for discuss, what if Pokémon Moon / Sun outsell Call of Duty in November NPD?

I think will be a close battle. Expect >3 million for Sun/Moon and >3.5 million for COD.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Fucking GTAV, man. That game is such a moneymaker.

So has Rockstar just coated the entire headquarters in gold yet? Gold computers, gold tables, gold clothes, gold pets, gold food. Just hold everywhere.

Fucking GTAV, man. That game is such a moneymaker.

So has Rockstar just coated the entire headquarters in gold yet? Gold computers, gold tables, gold clothes, gold pets, gold food. Just hold everywhere.
I heard they even have golden showers in their office.

On Demand

Banned
Is this the worst NPD thread ever?

It's never going to be active like it use to be since the software charts are more pointless than before and NPD is spread across 1 week instead of getting all data on the same day. Leaked and PR.

And no waiting for pies and software sales splits. Unless that's being saved for in season.

Top Bottom