• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for June 2007

It's up to third parties to decide if a game bombs or not - how much they support a console is pretty telling to me. There's a reason the PS2 got the most games last generation.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Link316 said:
it makes perfect sense considering that Capcom is focusing on the entire industry rather than just limiting themselves to Japan, I would say their new approach's working since its already given them 2 new million selling IPs in Dead Rising & Lost Planet

By doing what they're doing, aren't they limiting themselves, considering their 360 games don't sell in Japan. If you want Capcom to succeed, wouldn't you want to see them sell well in EVERY territory?

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
BishopLamont said:
It's up to third parties to decide if a game bombs or not - how much they support a console is pretty telling to me. There's a reason the PS2 got the most games last generation.
Pretty much sums up the whole situation and this "(random third party publisher) why my shitty shovelware game doesn't sell? buhuhu :*( " too.

KachoMakura said:
They've already got 1 RE game plus 2 more coming on the system. That's unheard of this early in the game.
Not really. RE 0-4 announcement was made the day of or before GCN launch, and RE1 remake was released closer to launch than RE4 wiimake.

felipeko

Oblivion said:
By doing what they're doing, aren't they limiting themselves, considering their 360 games don't sell in Japan. If you want Capcom to succeed, wouldn't you want to see them sell well in EVERY territory?
But that would leave only the Wii as viable option.
And we know that some here don't even want think about it.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
I was thinking....

Excitetruck
It's not gimmicky or waggle. It's EXCITE! It's not "made" by Nintendo either!

Link316 said:
it makes perfect sense considering that Capcom is focusing on the entire industry rather than just limiting themselves to Japan, I would say their new approach's working since its already given them 2 new million selling IPs in Dead Rising & Lost Planet
What people need to get into their skulls is all 3 consoles are going to get their fair share of exclusives. This generation will play out fairly close to last. PS2 may have got the most exclusive games, but not everything. The majority of games will be ported everywhere, with each system getting its share of exclusive content. Even if the Wii sells more than PS2, the PS3 and 360 will not be completely ignored. On the same token, the Wii will get plenty of WOW exclusives, because there will still be a market for those on the Wii. Any hinting that Capcom can ignore the Wii because they're focusing on more than Japan is retarded. The Wii is the only system doing consistently well in both western markets and Japan too.

Well it begins. The Canadian gym that uses the Wii in its facility hit the MSNBC's front page. Of course, Wii Fit was also mentioned. I'd create a thread but I'm using my Wii to post.

Bildi

fernoca said:
Simple..
Wii = Gimmick
Therefore..
Game released on Wii = Gimmicky
I think you mean Gimmickii. :lol :lol :lol

...that was so bad I'll respond to my own post:

Bildi said:
I think you mean Gimmickii. :lol :lol :lol

lawl3gisr7.gif
zorvlen.gif
3y5gplh.gif

Sharp

titiklabingapat said:
Well it begins. The Canadian gym that uses the Wii in its facility hit the MSNBC's front page. Of course, Wii Fit was also mentioned. I'd create a thread but I'm using my Wii to post.
Clearly last-gen consoles are not welcome on GAF.

AniHawk

titiklabingapat said:

There's something incredibly hilarious about this post.

Bildi

titiklabingapat said:
I think we're all a bit relieved you're posting from your Wii.

Anyway, linky.

Bildi

Saint Gregory said:
So is this just happening spontaneously, or is this Nintendo marketing Ninja's at work?

Edit: At MSNBC no less. Sneaky Nintendo, sneaky...
"So what do you do in your spare time?"

"I like going to the gym."

"What to you like doing there?"

"I spend a lot of time in the Wii station."

"o_O"

Innotech

Banned
Bildi said:
"So what do you do in your spare time?"

"I like going to the gym."

"What to you like doing there?"

"I spend a lot of time in the Wii station."

"o_O"

so much for people never accepting that name. I remember the doomsday threads about how "Wii" would destroy nintendos chances this gen. I also recall being one of the two people that actuallyl iked the name when I heard it (remember Reggie) :lol

titiklabingapat said:

The Wii has infiltrated every aspect of our society! Our internet, our Canada, and now our excercise!

So my cocoon cracked about half an hour ago (finally finished Harry Potter) and I can return to the internet.

I missed NPD day (for the first time in how many months...), can anyone tell me if there were some classic meltdowns in this thread? I just slaved over 750 pages of JK Rowling's most assuredly mediocre writing, and I fear my faltering brain cannot take any more beating.

On Topic: PSP's numbers don't surprise me. They're only about 25k higher than I guessed -- I see people buying them all the damn time.

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
RiskyChris said:
:lol

The only other gaming forum I frequent had that image posted, crediting NeoGAF of course. I haven't stopped laughing since I saw it.

Brilliant!

..... wait a minute, you go to other game forums?

capslock said:
..... wait a minute, you go to other game forums?

It's an extremely small community -- the site is a dedicated MMO forum first and foremost, with a modest group of people on a sideboard discussing console games.

I remain out of respect for my fallen MMO personas.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Pureauthor said:
Well, duh. You expect me to depend for NeoGAF on actual gaming discussion, no thanks. NeoGAF's real use comes in sales charts and news.

It's with this post i've just realized. I no longer play games. I no longer discuss games. I just read sales charts.

a.wd

Syth_Blade22 said:
It's with this post i've just realized. I no longer play games. I no longer discuss games. I just read sales charts.

holy god, we grew up from gaming kids to become...gaming analysts....not even gaming reviewers...industry analysts...

when I became a man, I put away childish things.

Uncooked

Banned
titiklabingapat said:

You know, it is not good when people sit around and play video games, getting fat, lazy, and unhealthy. However, it is sad when people go to workout, and do it by playing a wii.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Hey, here's a question for EviLore or someone.

Back when GAF made the "deal" or whatever it was with NPD, I'm almost positive I remember one of the mods posting that this means every month we would get numbers for each system, including LTDs for the systems. Yet there's no GBA, which is still interesting to look at. (Having Xbox and GC would be cool, but they're a non factor now, so whatever.)

I don't remember what was said about software, but how come we have numbers for only the top 8 out of the top 20?

So what's up with all that? j/w

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171093

For example, we got full May numbers. top 10 numbers, and numbers for GBA, GC, and Xbox. No LTD though.

Top Bottom