• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for June 2013 [Up2: 360/3DS Hardware, AC/LM/DK Digital + Retail]

figured i'd just keep this info here, but so far ltd sales for the super failure bros. are:

wii u: 1.2m
vita: 1.418m
Splitting hairs but I'm pretty sure Vita is at closer to 1.44M?

If yours is an official number then presumably something is off in my pixel counted figures.

AniHawk

Splitting hairs but I'm pretty sure Vita is at closer to 1.44M?

If yours is an official number then presumably something is off in my pixel counted figures.

i went counting month by month, but it's possible i missed one. a couple of them could have gone either way.

oh and for some additional fun, the saturn sold around 1.3m in the us total, ever. the dreamcast sold close to 4m in the time it was alive.

allan-bh

not including bundles.

uga
pilotwings resort
ni no kuni
acl
deglassified

Thank You.

Only between 100k-150k for standalone Black Ops Declassified shows that bundle sales are expressive because in december total sales for the game were more than 300k.

oh and for some additional fun, the saturn sold around 1.3m in the us total, ever. the dreamcast sold close to 4m in the time it was alive.

Unbelievable failure for Saturn after Genesis become a great sucess. This console killed Sega.

AniHawk

vita numbers, from what i was able to find:

june 13: 26.5k
may 13: 16k
april 13: 15k
march 13: 33k
february 13: 38k
january 13: 35k
december 12: 225k
november 12: 220k
october 12: 35k
september 12: 55k
august 12: 33k
july 12: 48.5k (this is the only one that's purely an average and not a decent estimate)
june 12: 75k
may 12: 53k (okay this is also an average, but the end points are only 6k apart)
april 12: 75k
march 12: 205k
february 12: 225k

total: 1.413m

so... yeah, it might be off thanks to some of these being rounded up and others being educated guesses. it's fairly close at least.

Hero

not including bundles.

uga
pilotwings resort
ni no kuni
acl
deglassified

Hey Ani, a few months ago Creamsugar was able to provide information for games that broke 100K on Wii U and Vita, anyway you can give us an update on that in a similar fashion to how you just posted this?

AniHawk

Hey Ani, a few months ago Creamsugar was able to provide information for games that broke 100K on Wii U and Vita, anyway you can give us an update on that in a similar fashion to how you just posted this?

numar
lecity
zom
scrunlim
sallstar
judan

uga
morkom
acl
umarcap
deglassified
nfs
madd
show12
bigplan
unthirt

acl
deglassified
As I suspected.

Hell, if I lived in the US I would have bought a Vita last holiday season. Those bundle deals were insane.

Gamescom is Sony's last chance to announce a new COD and AC for this holiday season. God knows they need it.

AniHawk

Surprised at those MK Vita sales

Both handhelds have pretty horrible third party sales.

true, but that's not 3ds.

anbird
kinghear
marson
sf3d
songen
skylan1
lestar 3
lebat2
wreral
lecity
lepir
epm2
scrun
rerev
asph3d
monhun
skylan2
adtime
monball
spid
madd
crs2
raythreed
dino3d

Spiegel

Yeah, I know.

Thanks for the updated 3DS list. Looking again, it's not like there have been that many high profile 3rd party games released.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Didn't someone say one 3rd party game crossed 150k? I can't see any there :/.

Madouu

That NSMBU attach rate is pretty scary.

Seeing LCU and ZU at #2-3 is nice as these seem to be the exclusive that really use the concept of the Wii U pretty well along with Nintendo Land.

Of course number for anything that isn't NSMBU are still pretty bad but the ranking is interesting. It means that if the Wii U sales were decent, there would've been a market for games like these in my opinion and that's how the console could've carved itself up a place in the market. Sadly, the Wii U isn't appealing to the market at all on its own (and promises of its future).

Didn't someone say one 3rd party game crossed 150k? I can't see any there :/.

It's Lego City Undercover.

So these are still the only third party games to break 100K, and they still haven't reached 150K yet.

I'm kind of surprised black ops isn't there.

3ds 3rd party software seems pretty okay but Nintendo needs to diversify its handheld audience a bit more. Hopefully all the rpgs released recently will contribute to that. (I'm not talking anything huge here).

Thanks AniHawk for all the precious info.

Bruno MB

After seeing what other jrpg niche titles sold on 3DS, I'm even more surprised by Project X Zone sales. How come it did so well?

After seeing what other jrpg niche titles sold on 3DS, I'm even more surprised by Project X Zone sales. How come it did so well?

It's a Nintendo / Monolith Soft game...that alone gave it hype among internet fanbases that wouldn't have gone to a similar release by someone like Acquire / Zerodiv.

ibgRGor2z1ijt8.gif

So since im pretty sure npd counts bundled sales CoD and AC sold like shit outside of the bundles and those bundles seem to have been the only thing that pushed it last fall, so it will be interesting to see what they try this fall. A 200 dollar tearway bundle with 8GB card would be nice

Also im still trying to figure what half these games are. If someone made a list and wouldn't mind pming it to me i would be greatful.

AniHawk

Incredible how many people paid much more for play Angry Birds on 3DS.

Kingdom Hearts 3D is decent, but a think 358/2 days sold way better.

i don't think 3d is going to match the sales of 358/2 days, but it's already matched birth by sleep, and surpassed re:coded.

the game really failed in japan and maybe europe, but in america it's been successful.

So since im pretty sure npd counts bundled sales CoD and AC sold like shit outside of the bundles and those bundles seem to have been the only thing that pushed it last fall, so it will be interesting to see what they try this fall. A 200 dollar tearway bundle with 8GB card would be nice
Sony sold the AC/COD bundle for $180, Tearway is a first-party game, nothing is stopping them from going even lower.

Of course, nobody cares about Tearway so they can make it available for $99 and it still wouldn't sell as much as AC/COD. :p

AniHawk

Sony sold the AC/COD bundle for $180, Tearway is a first-party game, nothing is stopping them from going even lower.

Of course, nobody cares about Tearway so they can make it available for $99 and it still wouldn't sell as much as AC/COD. :p

i care about tearaway. it's essentially a system-seller for me. in a perfect world, it would explode vita sales like nothing else we'd ever seen.

Also im still trying to figure what half these games are. If someone made a list and wouldn't mind pming it to me i would be greatful.

the first post about vita sales said bundles not included

the first post about vita sales said bundles not included

Teaches me for not clearly reading. Well then those are actually decent sales without the bundles.

Being cynical here but if it stared Mario you'd have a lot more people talking about it and buying it.

That's not cynicism, it's called facts. If you put the CoD label on Wonderful 101 im sure it would have one of the best openings for a P* game.

Mario007

i care about tearaway. it's essentially a system-seller for me. in a perfect world, it would explode vita sales like nothing else we'd ever seen.
Being cynical here but if it stared Mario you'd have a lot more people talking about it and buying it.

AniHawk

there's some truth to that. of course, sony could do a lot more to promote it. they tried to make littlebigplanet the next big thing, and even though it didn't work, it was a solid effort and turned the series into a pretty good franchise. this should be what basically relaunches the vita, with a price drop, and games that could only be done on the machine.

3DS third-party numbers are better than I expected... not that that's saying much.

Vita numbers are also interesting, though of limited usefulness without the COD/AC bundle numbers (does creamsugar have them)? Uncharted hasn't been bundled, has it?

Mario007

Teaches me for not clearly reading. Well then those are actually decent sales without the bundles.

That's not cynicism, it's called facts. If you put the CoD label on Wonderful 101 im sure it would have one of the best openings for a P* game.
True I guess what I wanted to say that Tearaway to me seems like such a Nintendo game that I think huge number of people who buy Nintendo games would have bought it had it stared Mario or Kirby or Yoshi.
i believe npd does track bundles but they do so separately from boxed sales

is that the reasoning behind your name? :)

Haha nah, that's my actual name in my nick :p

there's some truth to that. of course, sony could do a lot more to promote it. they tried to make littlebigplanet the next big thing, and even though it didn't work, it was a solid effort and turned the series into a pretty good franchise. this should be what basically relaunches the vita, with a price drop, and games that could only be done on the machine.

I'm kinda afraid for Tearaway's marketing. PS4 will no doubt by launched or launching around Tearaway's release so that'll steal a lot of the marketing budget and focus. And it's still too far away to start promoting now like they are doing with Killzone, which is clearly working so far.

Top Bottom