• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for June 2013 [Up2: 360/3DS Hardware, AC/LM/DK Digital + Retail]

Man the third party sales are horrible on both handhelds. But i am glad that Kingdom Hearts DDD sold so well. It goes on to show that there exists a pretty good market for Kingdom Hearts game even though SE did their worse to damage the KH brand. Kingdom Hearts 3 can be a million seller, if it gets released soon. Gotta strike the iron while it is hot.

Edit: Forgot to say thanks Anihawk :). The numbers are pretty useful.

If KH3 doesn't sell at least 2 million in the US after all this buildup it will be a waste. Actually a smart thing to do would be to include at least one marvel world or an entire avengers level, release in 2015, and tie the marketing and release around Avengers 2. God damn it if Disney owned the Spiderman rights a Spiderman KH world would be incredible.

Man the third party sales are horrible on both handhelds. But i am glad that Kingdom Hearts DDD sold so well. It goes on to show that there exists a pretty good market for Kingdom Hearts game even though SE did their worse to damage the KH brand. Kingdom Hearts 3 can be a million seller, if it gets released soon. Gotta strike the iron while it is hot.

Edit: Forgot to say thanks Anihawk :). The numbers are pretty useful.

eh the iron is pretty cold at this point and it's not really going to change temperature one way or the other. Next year or 3 years from now I don't think it will really make a difference for kh.

True I guess what I wanted to say that Tearaway to me seems like such a Nintendo game that I think huge number of people who buy Nintendo games would have bought it had it stared Mario or Kirby or Yoshi.

Even without an established IP, it's safe to say that it would sell better on a system that had a substantial audience for family-friendly, colorful platformers. That's just how these things work, in much the same way that you wouldn't expect a post-apocalyptic cover shooter to sell as well as a Wii U exclusive as it would on PS4 or XB1.

eh the iron is pretty cold at this point and it's not really going to change temperature one way or the other. Next year or 3 years from now I don't think it will really make a difference for kh.
What i am saying is that SE only released handheld games of KH this generation so far. Despite this all, each one had solid sales and it shows that the audience is there for these games. They brought the games despite them being handheld entries. Of course, everyone was getting tired of handheld only releases. As a Kingdom Hearts fan, each handheld entry was annoying to me because it means they weren't exactly working on a console release.

I guess we will get a clear picture with the September release of Kingdom Hearts HD Collection. I am sure that it will sell at least half a million proving that the fans are there and they want a new Kingdom Hearts game.

yeah, it did really well.
Damn it. No wonder SE kept churning out Handheld titles after such success =/

figured i'd just keep this info here, but so far ltd sales for the super failure bros. are:

wii u: 1.2m
vita: 1.418m

wii u is probably a lot more closer to being correct than the vita. still, the vita might only be off 20k in either direction.

ytd:

wii u: 300k
vita: 162k

Thx for the info.

btw do you have any idea how much the PSP GTA games sold so far?

allan-bh

AniHawk, since you are being so helpful, one last request:

Gears 2, 3 and Judgment LTD

And thank you. Very useful info in this topic.

kswiston

I'm always surprised to see how well all of those lego games do. They pump so many of them out, that I would have expected the franchise to cool down by now. I guess kids and families really dig them.

figured i'd just keep this info here, but so far ltd sales for the super failure bros. are:

wii u: 1.2m
vita: 1.418m

wii u is probably a lot more closer to being correct than the vita. still, the vita might only be off 20k in either direction.

ytd:

wii u: 300k
vita: 162k

It's like if failure had kids.

GulAtiCa

Incredible how many people paid much more for play Angry Birds on 3DS

It being $30, and most of the time $20, helped a lot I think. I got it for $20 near launch myself. Whoever ported it actually did a very good job, heck the 3D effect is better in that game then in NSMB2 heh..

Compared to past games, yes. But it deserves to sell more. :(
Take it as you will, but on the eShop, EO IV did seem to chart fairly high for a while.

----

Do we have LTD on Xenoblade and The Last Story?

kswiston

Yes, thank you so much AniHawk!! =)

[last request...FFXII...?]

We got an NPD sales leak in Feb 2009 that included the Final Fantasy games.

Final Fantasy X - 2.45M
Final Fantasy XII - 1.85M

It was posted in the GAF thread at the time, so I assume it was a real leak. My apologies if it was proven fake after the fact. Figures are LTDs as of the end of 2008 I believe. I can't imagine that the games are that much higher now.

cafemomo

ibgRGor2z1ijt8.gif
All hail riela. My other vidya goddess

And good for PxZ doing well in the west

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
numar
lecity
zom
scrunlim
sallstar
judan

uga
morkom
acl
umarcap
deglassified
nfs
madd
show12
bigplan
unthirt

Wii U: Good job for Lego City, given the current situation. Scribblenauts didn't do badly. The other 3rd party titles over 100k are a bit depressing, since no one is over 150k yet. MH is probably a third party title not doing bad, even if under 100k.

Vita: MK did way more than what I thought, surprised! ACL sales without bundles counted aren't that bad, almost the same for COD: Declassified. It's not good, but some titles could have seen worse sales, to be' honest.

true, but that's not 3ds.

anbird
kinghear
marson
sf3d
songen
skylan1
lestar 3
lebat2
wreral
lecity
lepir
epm2
scrun
rerev
asph3d
monhun
skylan2
adtime
monball
spid
madd
crs2
raythreed
dino3d

Man, Angry Birds. Maaaaaan :lol
KH already over 400k, and already topping Birth by Sleep seems good, quite good. Mario & Sonic nearing 400k is a sign of legs. Wreck it Ralph is...how is that possible? That game was something straight from the Atari era, how :lol Good Lego City here too, as well as Scribblenauts Unlimited.
Very surprised to see Adventure Time not that far off from 150k. IIRC, it was a pretty low budget effort, so not bad. Also, Spiderman higher than 100k isn't something I expected to see.
Skylanders 2 doesn't seem it can reach what sold by the first one...let's see if this Holiday the trend can be inverted.
Great to hear that EOIV is already the best selling in the series in US.

Overall, 3DS 3rd party sales seems fine, given the content released, with some exceptions.
Looking at:
KH3D
Fire Emblem: Awakening
MH3U
EOIV
Project x Zone
Soon, Shin Megami Tensei IV
There seems to be a pretty good amount of users for JRPG and, actually, many Japanese productions.
And, looking at
Angry Birds
LEGO titles
Scribblenauts
Epic Mickey 2
Sonic titles
Wreck it Ralph
Adventure Times
There is an audience for child / more "casual" / platform titles.
On the other side, looking at
Resident Evil: Revelations (despite the producer calling it a "moderate success" worldwide)
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate
Probably Batman ( I believe 3DS SKU will debut worse than Vita's - not that Vita SKU will sell that much, but still; for LTD, I think 3DS will edge out in the end)
There seems to be lacking the audience for some more "Western oriented" third party experiences.

Thanks Anihawk, you've been incredible. :D

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
With all this talk about how PXZ has been successful, I'm wondering what are the sales for Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier.

Looking at 3DS 3rd party sales, they aren't good but that's because big 3rd parties barely seem to be trying in the west.What does release seems to do decent besides Revelations. I've said it before, but nintendo definitely has to invest in a bigger publishing arm for 3rd party games.

As for Wiiu, it really is the Mario machine, good lord at that attach ratio and thats not including any digital.I was hoping MH had crossed 100k, but yeah it's understandable when so many games couldn't break 100k why 3rd parties are hesitant.

Also i though mortal kombat has been on severe discount many times so the sales aren't too surprising especially after SSF4 3D.

I can't believe shovelwhare like Dino 3d did 100k though.

With all this talk about how PXZ has been successful, I'm wondering what are the sales for Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier.
I'd guess that SRT bombed because clearly I'm still waiting for Exceed.

People bought PXZ because of the crossover appeal, I bet most of them don't even know what SRT is.

Drago

What did PXZ do? I'm looking in the thread for the number but I can't find it. Knowing me it's probably right in front of my face, too. :/

onipex

Great posts AniHawk.

So parents ran out to buy angry birds for the 3DS to get their tablets and phones back from their kids. That's the story I'm sticking too.

I guess one of those Wii U titles is the superhero fighting game and if so I'm shocked it sold that much already when compared to the launch games that have been out longer.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Since there's so much activity now, I guess I'll ask this month once more: Does anyone have some updated ltd for Yoshis Island DS?

Hellraider

OK, Mortal Kombat on Vita was definitely a success.An Injustice port is probably on the way.The batman game can only make things better.

Which reminds me, Blackgate will be an interesting one to watch.

2013 new game LTD (Include special ED but not include HW bundle)

FE
Pokémon

DK
LEGO

MH

SS

LOS-MOF

ED4

DS-SH

example: 250k > FE

Thanks for the update ,creamsugar.

Nice to see Fire Emblem doing so well. It's one of those Nintendo series that deserves more sales than they usually get.

Merely some speculation.
Assuming FE is slightly below 250K retail ,but the digital + FE 3DS sales passed the 80 K from April. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=67433331&postcount=2
I'd guess the total US sales number should be around 350K now.

Add 453K at retail in Japan + some digital buyers Let's make it an easy 460K in total. (Digital sales should not be too high in Japan) .
That leaves around 190K or 200K sales in Europe + others countries to reach one million.

It would be pretty special for FE to reach that number.
Wish Nintendo would give us the worldwide sales number or at least announce it if it breaks the million sold barrier. (they probably won't)

donny2112

(Digital sales should not be too high in Japan) .

The physical game was released early last year, but it was only put on the eShop this year. Should make the Japanese digital sales number very low, yes.

Wish Nintendo would give us the worldwide sales number or at least announce it if it breaks the million sold barrier. (they probably won't)

They announce million-sellers (i.e. shipped+digital) in the FY reports, but not sure if the game has to have sold 1m in that FY or just overall.

I can't believe shovelwhare like Dino 3d did 100k though.
One man's shovelware, is another child's treasure.

While I'm sure some people will take issue with the idea, handhelds are largely the realm of younger (less discerning) audiences. They aren't scouring Metacritic for reviews of their Disney Princess game.

Dedicated handhelds are firmly in the "toy" category. (I take no issue with people considering home consoles toys either, but they are much more likely to be viewed as multifunctional home electronics by consumers than dedicated handhelds).

It's why Western third parties largely ignore the handheld "ghetto" and why the price was a major barrier at the start of the 3DS's life. Parents aren't going to buy a $250 toy for their children. It's also why the Vita has no market; as it tries to bill itself as an upmarket device. There is no substantial high end market in the handheld area.

The NDS was a momentary deviation in the grand scheme, attracting far broader audiences, but with the 3DS it's a return to form.

Square2015

Very weak legs for XIII-2. The game sold more than 330k first month.

Dragon Quest VIII was at 582k in december 2007. I believe this is almost final number because is a 2005 game.

Yeah I'm thinking those XIII-2 nos. might be a mistake, I can't believe it would drop off that fast (even with all the hate).

Ah thank you on DQ8 it might have reached 600k in the end.
No word on DQIX?

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
One man's shovelware, is another child's treasure.

While I'm sure some people will take issue with the idea, handhelds are largely the realm of younger (less discerning) audiences. They aren't scouring Metacritic for reviews of their Disney Princess game.

Dedicated handhelds are firmly in the "toy" category. (I take no issue with people considering home consoles toys either, but they are much more likely to be viewed as multifunctional home electronics by consumers than dedicated handhelds).

It's why Western third parties largely ignore the handheld "ghetto" and why the price was a major barrier at the start of the 3DS's life. Parents aren't going to buy a $250 toy for their children. It's also why the Vita has no market; as it tries to bill itself as an upmarket device. There is no substantial high end market in the handheld area.

The NDS was a momentary deviation in the grand scheme, attracting far broader audiences, but with the 3DS it's a return to form.
Looking at Fire Emblem's sales I think there actually is quite a big 'core gamer' market on handhelds, the difference is, that the casula CoD-Fifa-Madden-crowd is being replaced by the casual Princess/Sims/Animals-crows.

They announce million-sellers (i.e. shipped+digital) in the FY reports, but not sure if the game has to have sold 1m in that FY or just overall.

That's something I would like to know aswell. Afterall. FE Awakening released almost a year later in the West compared to Japan.

Well, Quakecon boosted some curiosity about id's recent performance, so I have a question:

Can someone digg LTD numbers for Doom 3: BFG Editiom and Rage, please? Would be very interesting to know.

Cornbread78

Quick random questions, Do we have any PS3/360/Wii LTD Sales numbers for the US, then for the world?

Also, do we have sales figures for the best three selling games per console this gen?

Top Bottom