• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results For June 2017

MisterR

Nintendo has to be happy with Mario Kart 8 and Zelda continuing to chart.

I mean honestly, why would they not chart? There are basically 3 games anyone buying a Switch is going to consider buying. Those two games and Arms. They should continue to do well.

Good job Mr. Yabuki and team ARMS. :D

rXuJVU7.gif

Dre3001

Isnt Tekken the best selling fighting game franchise of all time??

The series has always sold well and this latest iteration had great reviews and was hailed as a return to form for the franchise.

Glad it sold well, fighting games arent going anywhere it seems.

Hyun Sai

Ghost Recon Wildlands is an incredible success for Ubisoft. If they add a battleroyale mode later like some anticipate, it will be nuts.

It is ! Despite what people are saying, it's very casual friendly despite having an incredible high skill ceiling. The best of both worlds.

Trago

Tekken 7 killing it is great to see!

Goes to show that day and date releases of major titles on PC can be a benefit. Namco knows what's up.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

The series has always sold well and this latest iteration had great reviews and was hailed as a return to form for the franchise.

Glad it sold well, fighting games arent going anywhere it seems.

my guess is that it sold better than TTT2 anyway

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
With Japan and US, arms is around 445k.

Guessing it's at least at the 600K sales mark right now. Not bad!

LordKano

Tekken and Crash in the top 5. The PS1 era is back.

Between this, Media Create, and PAL charts are we able to get a clear idea for how well ARMS is doing? Has it broken a million yet?

It sold 150k in June, without counting digital. With that 256k figure, and european sales we don't know about (but it charted quite well in France), I think it's safe to say it broke 500k in June worldwide. At least around that.

I mean honestly, why would they not chart? There are basically 3 games anyone buying a Switch is going to consider buying. Those two games and Arms. They should continue to do well.

This may come as a shock to some people, but someone could always buy a Switch and then buy only one
or neither
of those two games

MisterR

Only reason really.

Are you honestly arguing that someone is planning on buying a Switch right now, but has no interest in Zelda or Mario Kart? I mean they are great games. I have them both. It's just pretty common sense that they'll do well as long as Switch is.

Thoraxes

How much money had FFXV made? I'm shocked it's in the top 10 over the past 12 months but Horizon is not there.
FFXV is selling super low priced right now, and pretty much has been $40 and below since mid December. Hell, you can get it for $20 at Best Buy with this current sale, iirc.

Taker34

Banned
Well Morrowind kinda bombed hard. It's apparent when looking through my guilds and the amount of players who left the game. That last balance update did not fare well with many players and it shows.

It sold 150k in June, without counting digital. With that 256k figure, and european sales we don't know about (but it charted quite well in France), I think it's safe to say it broke 500k in June worldwide. At least around that.

Had a feeling it hadn't quite broken a million yet. I think it might be able to by the end of the year but 2 million is starting to look a bit optimistic. We shall see.....

LordKano

A partygame. You can't possibly put Arms in the same genre as Tekken or Injustice.

It's a fighting game. You fight people. You punch them. Because it's not 2D doesn't mean it's not a fighting game.

Had a feeling it hadn't quite broken a million yet. I think it might be able to by the end of the year but 2 million is starting to look a bit optimistic. We shall see.....

It has good legs in Japan and since it's a service game it will most likely continue to sell well. One million by this fall is a lock. How much more will depends on stocks/eventual bundles/how much Splatoon 2 will steal its spotlight.

Top Bottom