• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for March 2014 [Up4: FFX/X-2 HD]

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
This rhetoric of PS4 being in the lead because it is released in more territories is such nonsense. The places the One is not sold in currently are practically negligible to MS. It's not suddenly going to start selling extra millions in those markets.

I think us sane people are looking at this the wrong way. What if what they mean is that "had Sony not released in those markets, the X1 would be closer"...

Also, I really want to know how well Infamous sold in the US. It was in the market 10 days less than Titanfall for March NPD.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'd like to know if TF outsold SS if you take away the PC numbers.

Well the last game to do 500K+ at PC retail in NPD was Diablo 3, which went on to do 12+ million on PC, so I'm feeling really good about Titanfall being a lot lower than that on PC.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
There are mod wars now?

I am okay with this.

b9Zox3C.gif

RUN FOR THE HILLS NO ONE IS SAFE!

---

Im still waiting for the Sony numbers. Wonder when those will get released? And the breakdown for the numbers between the XBO / PC versions of Titanfall.

Amir0x

Banned
Well the last game to do 500K+ at PC retail in NPD was Diablo 3, which went on to do 12+ million on PC, so I'm feeling really good about Titanfall being a lot lower than that on PC.

I think Titanfall selling as well as did predominately on XBO (let's just throw an assumptive number out there for the sake of this exercise, say 750,000 on XBO) suggests that the theory that the game has been boosting system sales for the past several months a good bump in credibility. If sales drop off dramatically next month, I think it'd be a strong case.

Biker19

Banned
Imo North America isn't the problem. Whatever this thread might indicate the XBO is doing alright in NA. The problem is that besides the UK, nobody in this world gives two shits about the thing. Its there where Sony is doing most of the damage. I don't think most of this board is aware how truly aweful the XBO is selling outside their two main markets. It's WiiU level bad!

Microsoft screwed up by not having a more powerful system. Its just that simple. I'm still baffled that their silicon designers couldn't see that 32MB of esram wasn't enough to run most next gen games at 1080p. Sad situation. Was Xbox only the last generations but like many I came home.

More than just that...the combination of the high price tag, the DRM/NSA scandals, & marketing the Xbox One as a U.S. centric console is what did Microsoft & the Xbox One in (especially outside of the U.S.).

Surprised to see FFX/X-2 chart and WTH at Minecraft 360?

Very surprised that some people believed MS was going to turn it around so easily. They have years of work ahead of them to undo the feelings left from several years of Kinect focus, neglect of new core IP development, TV focus, proposed DRM policies, and a higher price for a less powerful console. So much working against them. All self inflicted, but I trust they've learned given recent developments and, just as important, they will be enabled to actually adjust given a new CEO that believes in Xbox as a games-first platform and new Head of Xbox that is games-centric.

The way I see it is they have this entire generation (i.e. it will take years) to repair their goodwill, build up momentum, and then set up to come out swinging next gen. I suppose something could go terribly wrong on Sony's side to make way for Xbox One to gain more traction, but that seems highly unlikely.

Personally, and I say this as a big Xbox fan, I hope they struggle a bit more. I want it to sting, badly, so they don't forget it and they never get comfortable again.

Exactly what I've been saying.

MavFan619

Banned
So both next gen machines outsold current gen for MGSV. That worries me that the full game won't come out to ps3 and 360 anymore. And I don't really want to upgrade.
This may seem mean but part of both these boxes selling well means I hope all the big releases become current gen only sooner than later. Cross gen TPP excites me well enough but current gen TPP would be even better.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I see probably 5 Titanfall commercials on day. They're on youtube, tv, the movies....everywhere. Those numbers do not surprise me.

So it seems that the Titanfall hype worked on those who already owned a XB1 but wasn't sending people to the stores to buy the console like they had hoped? I figured it was pretty much a lock that MS was going to own March on all fronts. The hardware numbers have certainly made for a much more entertaining thread. Lol at Polygon delivering quality reporting as always.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Y2Kev has a secret pony collection in his closet with costumes and everything
--

No news on how titanfall sold as a whole?

hawk2025

It's a shame people are judging it on its ability to sell XBOs than on the merits of the game itself. That's too bad, if it was multiplat, the praise would have been palpable.

I don't think too many people are judging the game on its ability to sell Xbox Ones.

They are, however, judging the game's ability to sell Xbox Ones -- and how the timing of those sales were prior to the actual release of the game or not.

Makes sense?

"Today, we congratulate our friends at Respawn Entertainment, and Electronic Arts, as “Titanfall” for Xbox One was named the number one selling game in March, according to NPD Group figures released today."

No. According to NPD Group figures released today, Titanfall for Xbox One AND PC was the number one selling game in March. Since we don't have the exact numbers, Second Son could have outsold Titanfall on Xbox One and the PC sales just pushed it over.

That is an interesting catch, since the NPD numbers for Titanfall on Xbox One and for PC were both lumped together, but they seem to ignore that. I would really like to see what the sales numbers were for Titanfall on Xbox One, I mean, the game sold really well. It was number one in NPD. I really don't see why it has to be such a secret, unless the PC sales were a much larger majority of Titanfall sales than Microsoft wants to share.

I assume we will get a "Titanfall* sold XX Million Copies in the first 6 weeks" announcement here really soon from Microsoft, with the * meaning (Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC). At least something to help tout the strong sales of Titanfall, since their PR blurb didn't really pump Titanfall much at all.

Amir0x

Banned
It's a shame people are judging it on its ability to sell XBOs than on the merits of the game itself. That's too bad, if it was multiplat, the praise would have been palpable.

I really dislike this. I think Titanfall is a mediocre game, and can articulate why. Why is there an assumption its system war status has anything to do with it for the majority of people who feel that way? It's 360 and PC too. Anyone can get it and not spend $500.

beast786

I think Titanfall selling as well as did predominately on XBO (let's just throw an assumptive number out there for the sake of this exercise, say 750,000 on XBO) suggests that the theory that the game has been boosting system sales for the past several months a good bump in credibility. If sales drop off dramatically next month, I think it'd be a strong case.

That bundle , discount and pseudo price did some effect also.

DJ-TheGrey

Neo Member
Ps4 is doing very well! Congrats to sony. Hope its as good as its hyped up to be. Ill have one soon.

Xbox One has some solid numbers also! Its a great system... cant understand why some of you guys seem to hope for its downfall.

Whats up with the Wii U?

Deadbeat

Banned
Don't blame him. I had to give up part of my gall bladder, the third toenail on my left hand, and my limited edition copy of Bowling for Soup's album "The Great Burrito Extortion Case." That's just for black. Can you imagine what Cyan costs?
My grandfather has an ink kit and uses old insulin syringes.

Top Bottom