• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for March 2016

As a fan of both, I never thought of it that way but I agree. That one devil king arena (?) part used to give me nightmares and I almost broke my OG Duke controller because of it.

I hope Nioh has that level of difficulty as well. DS games just aren't as difficult, despite made to be more punishing.

Edit: R&C is gonna be higher then DS3.
PS4 only

yeah. Nobody cant tell me that these fuckers would be out of place in a souls game

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net...ker_062.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130812203058

yeah. Nobody cant tell me that these fuckers would be out of place in a souls game

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net...ker_062.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130812203058

To add to my previous post. The fall of Team Ninja from grace was one of my personal biggest dissapointments in gaming. NG:B is like my gold standard for action games.

It was such a mechanical masterpiece and I've only grown fonder of it as we move forward in gaming given that very few series have really impressed me mechanically like NG did at the time and continues to do.

Also, I pretty much hate every enemy in NG. They're all responsible for so much pain and suffering. Thank God for maxed out wooden sword and izuna drop.

Edit: Need to add more eyes to that enemy all over and he'll fit right in a Souls game.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
As expect, Microsoft said nothing about Halo 5 VS Splatoon in the quarter report.
We all know what this mean...

'Bout to drop this weekly average comparison to April from March like it's fire. Proof reading now.

Just like Hardline PS4 was below FF Typo and Bloodborne, or that the MCC was ahead of both CoD AW skus.

Do you still put R&C at 100k after Insomniac said it was the best ever launch for a game in the franchise?

Do you still put R&C at 100k after Insomniac said it was the best ever launch for a game in the franchise?

nice but after all the good word from critics and the people (and playing it myself), it aint surprising. i hope in some crazy way this means get more reboots from other old IP's from back in the days

That guy likes Musou games. People that like Musou games aren't to be trusted.

qwTbXmW.gif

So I've been out of the loop for the past 3 months.

What were the hardware sales this month? (I actually meant last month)
What are estimated WW sales at?

Welfare

Oh shit lol

I'm still a Gaf pup

Lesson learned

Yeah, another example would be the Division. Before this NPD, they had the PS4 version at 1.4m and XB1 at 1.348m (They include bundles in their software), and in reality the PS4 version did 928k and the XB1 844k with ~20k in bundles.

Hell, even after adjusting, they have the PS4 version at 980.5k and XB1 at 808.6k.

Introvese

Banned
Yeah, another example would be the Division. Before this NPD, they had the PS4 version at 1.4m and XB1 at 1.348m (They include bundles in their software), and in reality the PS4 version did 928k and the XB1 844k with ~20k in bundles.

Hell, even after adjusting, they have the PS4 version at 980.5k and XB1 at 808.6k.
That's a huge difference

Ratchet might not be as big as I thought then.

l

Welfare

That's a huge difference

Ratchet might not be as big as I thought then.

l

More often than not they over estimate software, but there are some cases where they did under estimate. They are completely unreliable.

Ratchet will have 3 weeks worth of sales in the April NPD.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Chartz is famous for overtrack most of times the niche games, in particular the japanes games.
But even with big games like The Division or Destiny, most of times they are overtracked and by a good margin... like 1 million, or more.
What is a 50 / 50 case is the hardware, some times undertracked and some times overtracked.

But yeah, you should never use it, those are just random guess from nothing. They have rounded a bit more than 0% of total market to track...

Introvese

Banned
Thinking ahead

Here comes a bold statement

Uncharted 4 1st month is going to top MS last 4 exclusives (Forza, Gears Ultimate, Halo 5, & Quantum Break)combined 1st month

That guy likes Musou games. People that like Musou games aren't to be trusted.

Zhuge's great and you should subscribe to his newsletter.

what's with the head?

I feel some people take him over actual sources a bit much sometimes.

This is hardware I'm talking about software there was a thread with a lot of classic systems but msot of the charts were remove. it had the million Sellers for the PSX/PS2/N64/Xbox/Gen/Tg16/Sat/GC/DC

For America of course.

blakep267

I find it hard to believe, that those 4 equalled almost 3 million combined of their first month NPD sales.

Who has got numbers? I would gladly be wrong for the sake of a healthier industry.

I mean going by that guys thinking wouldn't that mean UC4 also rivals/surpasses the first month of stuff like battlefront, COD, fallout

It would probably be closer to 1.6 - 1.7 million to beat all four of those games. Where would 1.7 million sales be in relation to other PS4 single month game sales? It would have to be pretty close to CoD.

It would probably be closer to 1.6 - 1.7 million to beat all four of those games. Where would 1.7 million sales be in relation to other PS4 single month game sales? It would have to be pretty close to CoD.

I meant to put down 2, i pressed 3 by accident.

I'm not entirely sure what the precise number is but it can't be that far from 2 million, and 2 million during May for a 4th entry in a franchise after a packed April doesn't really seem plausible.

I mean Uncharted is big but it's not that big.

I meant to put down 2, i pressed 3 by accident.

I'm not entirely sure what the precise number is but it can't be that far from 2 million, and 2 million during May for a 4th entry in a franchise after a packed April doesn't really seem plausible.

I mean Uncharted is big but it's not that big.

Uncharted 4 is the most anticipated console exclusive of the generation up to this point.

I'm not sure it can sell two million in North America during its first month but it's going to be incredibly successful and I don't think its May launch is going to have a negative effect on its sales.

sense

yea i am not sure we can get carried away with uncharted 4 predictions. unless last of us has increased naughty dog status to the next level which is possible but i think 1.2 to 1.5 million in npd seems safe and that would beat halo 5 launch month which is what i have been predicting. i am sure Sony would announce something like 4 to 5 million in a month worldwide including digital at e3.

jjonez18

Iirc: Forza, Gears and (guessing)Quantum will all have sold ~200k in their launch months. Halo was 800k unbundled. So you're predicting >1.4m ish. Very bold and I like it.

I'm sticking with 1m.
Guessing the franchise's total sales should go over 30m on launch day as well.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
I find it hard to believe, that those 4 equalled almost 3 million combined of their first month NPD sales.

Who has got numbers? I would gladly be wrong for the sake of a healthier industry.

As exlusives, only Halo sold over 3 million in a NPD.

Outside Halo, Brawl very close with 2.7 million, and Pokémon Black/White with 2.5 million.

Futurematic

This is hardware I'm talking about software there was a thread with a lot of classic systems but msot of the charts were remove. it had the million Sellers for the PSX/PS2/N64/Xbox/Gen/Tg16/Sat/GC/DC

For America of course.

At least 1 or 2 people in the retro thread should have the charts you're looking for. I'd ask nicely in there. If not Zhuge is on Twitter, you could send him a message. That's a bummer those charts went down, I meant to save them myself lol

sense

i think god of war 3 holds the record for the best playstation exclusive opening in npd followed closely by last of us which were both around a million since the ps3 era.

Uncharted will break the million NPD for sure. Every prediction far above 1.2 seems like fan fiction or search for a goal that just can't be fulfilled.
Good thing is: Uncharted does not need these NPD moon numbers to be a huge success. Sense already gave the key word:
worldwide

sense

Uncharted with digital should do that 1.2 million, but in the NPD i don't see 1 million or more...

less than a million on npd seems bold in the other direction lol. sony is heavily promoting it. there is a ps4 bundle as well but personally don't think that bundle is gonna move huge numbers anyway considering it is 399.99 and people that would pay that price will just wait for the ps4k

ethomaz

Banned
For these that asked about Sony FY2015 IR announce.

The results will be posted on April 28th.

The consolidate forecast was delayed to May (the actual date will be announced on April 28th).

Uncharted 4 is the most anticipated console exclusive of the generation up to this point.

I'm not sure it can sell two million in North America during its first month but it's going to be incredibly successful and I don't think its May launch is going to have a negative effect on its sales.

May will have a negative impact of it beating Halo 5, Forza, Quantum, and Gears 1 remake combined as the guy above said.

Iirc: Forza, Gears and (guessing)Quantum will all have sold ~200k in their launch months. Halo was 800k unbundled. So you're predicting >1.4m ish. Very bold and I like it.

I'm sticking with 1m.
Guessing the franchise's total sales should go over 30m on launch day as well.

Didn't Gears do over 200k because it was bundled?

Uncharted will break the million NPD for sure. Every prediction far above 1.2 seems like fan fiction or search for a goal that just can't be fulfilled.
Good thing is: Uncharted does not need these NPD moon numbers to be a huge success. Sense already gave the key word:

I find it very hard to believe that uncharted will break 1 million in May, especially after April's games, that adds to it.

Top Bottom