• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results For March 2017 [Up2: Year to date charts, platform specific charts]

Zelda at #2.. O_O.... I remember some Gafers saying that Zelda had zero chance against Horizon in March... Really good month overall.

I am pretty sure this is the point where Activision needs to take a long hard look at the prospects of the Skylanders franchise when something like The Binding of Isaac outsells it.

Or look at their decision to release the switch version at full price when its been at sale prices on other systems since before christmas

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
NA doesn't like PS as much I guess. Don't know why we declared a failure base on NA numbers when we have WW numbers weeks ago.
When did i declare it a failure?
What in the world ?

I simply don't get how you could call a new IP, from a not very well reputed studio, tackling a genre that has seen a lot of heavy hitters recently (and even in this very month), being both a critical and commercial success, just doing "ok". From what I've seen so far, Horizon should be a model for a lot of game devs studios, especially those who don't want to invest in the game service area ala Ubisoft.
Yes, it's not selling as well as Halo. No shit. It was never meant to.

I am sure Sony wouldve liked it to sell over a million in NA. PS exclusives tend to have legs and sell well overseas but i just don't understand why they can't hit that million mark despite the heavy marketing and phenomenal critical acclaim. It's bizarre. NA gamers are buying games like ghost recon and for honor in the millions but say no thanks to uncharted 4 and horizon. I don't get it.

I'm happy a game with a diverse cast and red-headed female lead had such a great debut. Shame Sony won't share digital sales, since I'm assuming many, like myself, purchased the game digitally.

Fdkn

I am sure Sony wouldve liked it to sell over a million in NA. PS exclusives tend to have legs and sell well overseas but i just don't understand why they can't hit that million mark despite the heavy marketing and phenomenal critical acclaim. It's bizarre. NA gamers are buying games like ghost recon and for honor in the millions but say no thanks to uncharted 4 and horizon. I don't get it.

GR and FH are not selling over a million at launch on ps4, there are Xbox (and PC?) numbers in there.

I'm sure Sony is not worried about a random number of sales in a country when they are happy about the global sales.

Not specifically on PS4 they aren't. You need to add in Xbox One (and PC) for those games to reach seven digits.

Toni

Just imagine if Red Dead Redemption is able to achieve even half of its success.

Rockstar only needs to observe Wild Lands success (the concept of you and friends taking over gang hideouts together, etc.), and they will make an incredible killing. Give RDR as much online content and events as GTA, throw in some MMO- lite elements to up replayabity while they are at it and they have another multiplayer hit in their arsenal.

Shooting things with your friends in an open world is the current money maker.

Exquisik

43 months in and GTAV still in the to 10. GTAVI will have a lot to live up to.

Edit:
Not specifically on PS4 they aren't. You need to add in Xbox One (and PC) for those games to reach seven digits.

I think a lot of people are forgetting that these games are on multiple platforms. In the US, there are more XBone and PC owners than there are most of the world. For an exclusive to even sell as close as AAA multiplatform games, I'd say that's a success.

You don't see what those games have in common .
A game build around online .
UC4 have online but it's more known for it's SP .

Also like i said maybe UC4 did a million first month in US but we won't know since we don't get DD numbers from sony .

Could you try posting the platform and LTD ranking charts? I see a Nintendo fansite put up the ones for Nintendo systems, and I think you mentioned they were public.

XBO
1. Wildlands
2. ME Andromeda
3. For Honor
4. NBA 2K17
5. GTA V
6. COD IW
7. BF1
8. Halo Wars 2
9. Overwatch
10. Forza Horizon 3

PS4
1. Wildlands
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
3. ME Andromeda
4. MLB 17 The Show
5. Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix
6. Nier: Automata
7. GTA V
8. NBA 2K17
9. For Honor
10. COD IW

YTD
1. Wildlands
2. For Honor
3. Zelda
4. RE 7
5. ME Andromeda
6. GTA V
7. Horizon Zero Dawn
8. COD IW
9. NBA 2K17
10. BF1

12ME Mar'17
1. COD IW
2. BF1
3. NBA 2K17
4. Madden 17
5. GTA V
6. Overwatch
7. FIFA 17
8. FF XV
9. Wildlands
10. Dark Souls 3

XBO
1. Wildlands
2. ME Andromeda
3. For Honor
4. NBA 2K17
5. GTA V
6. COD IW
7. BF1
8. Halo Wars 2
9. Overwatch
10. Forza Horizon 3

PS4
1. Wildlands
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
3. ME Andromeda
4. MLB 17 The Show
7. GTA V
8. NBA 2K17
9. For Honor
10. COD IW

YTD
1. Wildlands
2. For Honor
3. Zelda
4. RE 7
5. ME Andromeda
6. GTA V
7. Horizon Zero Dawn
8. COD IW
9. NBA 2K17
10. BF1

12ME Mar'17
1. COD IW
2. BF1
3. NBA 2K17
4. Madden 17
5. GTA V
6. Overwatch
7. FIFA 17
8. FF XV
9. A wildlands
10. Dark Souls 3
Damn that's more impressive for Zelda... WOW

XBO
1. Wildlands
2. ME Andromeda
3. For Honor
4. NBA 2K17
5. GTA V
6. COD IW
7. BF1
8. Halo Wars 2
9. Overwatch
10. Forza Horizon 3

PS4
1. Wildlands
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
3. ME Andromeda
4. MLB 17 The Show
7. GTA V
8. NBA 2K17
9. For Honor
10. COD IW

This really shows how those PS4 only games into the other games on the platform .

XBO
1. Wildlands
2. ME Andromeda
3. For Honor
4. NBA 2K17
5. GTA V
6. COD IW
7. BF1
8. Halo Wars 2
9. Overwatch
10. Forza Horizon 3

PS4
1. Wildlands
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
3. ME Andromeda
4. MLB 17 The Show

7. GTA V
8. NBA 2K17
9. For Honor
10. COD IW

YTD
1. Wildlands
2. For Honor
3. Zelda
4. RE 7
5. ME Andromeda
6. GTA V
7. Horizon Zero Dawn
8. COD IW
9. NBA 2K17
10. BF1

12ME Mar'17
1. COD IW
2. BF1
3. NBA 2K17
4. Madden 17
5. GTA V
6. Overwatch
7. FIFA 17
8. FF XV
9. Wildlands
10. Dark Souls 3
Im satisfied

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Nobody in their right mind could have predicted people so crazy that they buy games without consoles.

It's happened before with titles and accessories being made available before system launches. I personally purchased an N64 controller a week before the system came out. It's just that this is Zelda with a really good collectible sku.

Top Bottom