• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for May 2013 [Up2: 360, 3DS Est, Software lowest since May 2000]

rjc571

Banned
Why is DKCR listed as 3DS and Wii both? They didn't re-release the Wii version did they? This is really just the 3DS version's sales right? Or are they counting Wii version sales w/ 3DS sales? That would be weird.

That's actually a good question. Would the fact that it has "3D" thrown into the title override the fact that it's pretty much a barebones port? I also wonder how much the Wii version is selling on a monthly basis, and (assuming they are combining the two versions,) if those extra sales pushed it above one or more of the titles that ended up below it.

That's actually a good question. Would the fact that it has "3D" thrown into the title override the fact that it's pretty much a barebones port? I also wonder how much the Wii version is selling amount on a monthly basis, and if those extra sales pushed it above one or more of the titles that ended up below it.

I doubt it, seeing as the 3DS SKU was the second highest seller on the individual platforms format.

It's going to be funny when Microsoft brags about being the best performing console from last Gen come October. Also I like how they take credit for 7 of 10 games when they are all multiplats

The RE franchise needs a break. After RE6 and ORC people are probably just tired of the brand right now. Revelaitons being good doesn't change the fact that Capcom is charging $50 for an up-port of a handheld game.

inky

It's going to be funny when Microsoft brags about being the best performing console from last Gen come October. Also I like how they take credit for 7 of 10 games when they are all multiplats

I'm guessing they mean top 10 individual title sales, like we used to get.

Bruno MB

Although overall sales are low, we don't even get sales data from Nintendo in a month where the top selling system is one of theirs, meh.

Cess007

Ouch; May of 2000, was on the twilight years of the PSOne vs N64 battle. I hope TLoU and Animal Crossing drives the sales for the next month up again :/

Ryuuga

Banned

Fuse is somewhere down here.

Every single multi-platform game sold more on the 360, even Lego. That is kind of interesting. Microsoft has the potential to completely dominate the U.S. with the Xbox One and they are letting that slip.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Haha nope. The masses are just too fucking stupid to buy a game like Revelaitons. You remember RE6 and ORC sales right, the masses only buy bad RE games.

At launch? Sure. But both games then basically stopped selling pretty quickly, because you can fool people at launch, but after that, when word of mouth speads...no.

Every single multi-platform game sold more on the 360, even Lego. That is kind of interesting. Microsoft has the potential to completely dominate the U.S. with the Xbox One and they are letting that slip.

The lack of any kind BC on One besides gamerscore essentially means the race has been completely reset to 0.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
The industry must be panicking at this point, especially studios working on Xbox One exclusives.

It's great that the 3DS finally took the crown for hardware sales, but that was still against an almost 8 year old console.

At least we know that next month 3DS sales should be far above that of any other console or handheld with the tweet that Nintendo sent out about Animal Crossing boosting 3DS sales 4x over the previous week.

Mileena

Banned
At launch? Sure. But both games then basically stopped selling pretty quickly, because you can fool people at launch, but after that, when word of mouth speads...no.

We knew both of those games were going to be trainwrecks before they were released. I'm not buying it.

On the opposite side, Revelaitons had very positive word of mouf and still bombed (twice now :qq)

The industry must be panicking at this point, especially studios working on Xbox One exclusives.

I doubt that. Having the Xbox brand constantly being the number one platform is the reason those exclusives exist. We'll see how things play out when we get to this time next year.

Why doesn't NPD give out sales numbers anymore? Legal reasons?

My guess, sales numbers create narratives.

It's great that the 3DS finally took the crown for hardware sales, but that was still against an almost 8 year old console.

At least we know that next month 3DS sales should be far above that of any other console or handheld with the tweet that Nintendo sent out about Animal Crossing boosting 3DS sales 4x over the previous week.
They also provided that Animal Crossing sold over 200.000 units in that week. (or shipped)

animal_crossing_sales.png

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Kinda surprised Resident Evil Revelaitons bombed to that degree. I mean, full price was insanity, but still.

Wonder if we'll get a little more WiiU ballpark than >30k. I woulda thought this would be its worst month, but maybe June or July could supply that too.

Top Bottom