• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

NPD Sales Results for May 2014 [Up1: Wii U Hardware]

Nibel

Oct 18, 2011
twitter.com
Very interested to see how MK8 and Wolfenstein performed overall. I really hope that Wolfenstein sold good enough to ensure some safe future years for Machinegames since their approach to the FPS genre is something that should be rewarded.

SykoTech

Sep 3, 2010
Uh...wow at MLB above Wolfenstein. Really didn't expect that.

Kirby's another decent surprise. The bottom half could just have low numbers all around though.

Cuburt

Nov 14, 2012
I love that Kirby made the top 10. Seeing it at #1 for so many weeks in Japan made me wonder if it would have a similar reception in the US. I guess this is a good game for Kirby with good timing.

On Demand

Dec 12, 2013
MLB did better than i would've expected.

Why are people surprised at MLB sales? It does well on PS3 every year so it's not surprising. And this top ten is combined so it doesn't really tell each sale of individual platforms.

RE_Player

Apr 1, 2013
Yeah I guess Borderlands 2 Vita flopped. Couldn't even chart with bundles and new hardware. Shame.

funkystudent

Apr 3, 2010
Big YoY bump across the board.

Was nothing out last April? I guess maybe since it was the planned GTA release month everyone got out of the way and then when GTA was delayed it was a super dead month?

Exterminieren

Banned
Mar 1, 2011
Kirby really is a silent performer. No one really pegs it as a decent seller, but it sells well and consistently.

Mr.Mike

Jul 4, 2013
Good to see that software sales are up 57% year over year. Hardware too, but thats to be expected with a new generation.

MoogleWizard

Nov 7, 2011
MK8 did great, it released at the end of the month on a very small install base. Well deserved, fantastic game.