• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for May 2014 [Up1: Wii U Hardware]

wow

I went out... I did some flowering... eat some stuff... bought a book.... came back and still nothing

:/

Edit: Looks like CreamSugar is posting :)

Wii U + XBOX family < PS4

Macho_Man_Randy_Savage_The_Cre_bdfcf4ef240c6dbb367d9191979dde21.gif

Woo!

Freeman

Banned
This NPD thread and any leaks/PR we get will only be for the US

NPD does track Canada but we don't get that information anymore. Assume either NPD or GFK tracks Mexico as well

NPD tracks USA, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand, in partnership with GfK.

However, these sales (and respective comments from industry figures) just concern USA retail (physical retail + online retail) sell-through to consumers.
Thanks, I din't know that.

GeeDuhb

What does everyone think for Wii U sales next month? I'm going with 80K from the rest of the MK bump.

I know it sounds crazy, but I am going to say 100k. I think it is not only the MK bump, but also the post E3/people buying after waiting for a price drop bump. Something like this can also spread "word of mouth" sales, as friends play at Wii U owners houses, fall in love with the game, and decide they want to buy the console.

The fact alone that the MK8 System bundles are almost impossible to find is telling in itself.

I would have liked to comment on this thread earlier but I've been busy, so I'm glad not much info has been released yet for personal reasons.

Anyways, this is bad for the Wii U. I guess we can hope for a better June with that MK8 and E3 word of mouth. I guess it's just evidence that the internet really is no representation of the actual gaming world. There was tons of talk about MK8 in the past month, lots of people here on GAF seem to have bought Wii Us, and yet it's still barely above 60k. There's a serious issue with this console, and I'm more convinced than ever that Nintendo can't recover from it. God help them with their next console, because I want more than just about anything for my favorite company to succeed.

Honestly, I don't think it is THAT bad. you have to take into consideration that many (at least in the hardcore crowd) were waiting for after E3 to buy a console because people were hoping for a price drop. I think that alone is going to translate to a ton more sales in June.

I can't believe multiple people have brought up luigi staring as a reason the wii u will have better sales in june

I don't think it is crazy at all. Stuff like that builds up hype, causes people to look at Youtube/Twitch/etc. to see gameplay of the game and then decide to buy the console to play said game. The power of the internet definitely shouldn't be underestimated.

Ty4on

It seems like the WiiU and XbO might be quite close afterall...

This would be so much better if we knew the PS4 numbers :(

Welfare

Why did Microsoft announce $399 before May was over? They seriously killed any sales they could of gotten last month.

ascii42

I know it sounds crazy, but I am going to say 100k. I think it is not only the MK bump, but also the post E3/people buying after waiting for a price drop bump.

Honestly, I don't think it is THAT bad. you have to take into consideration that many (at least in the hardcore crowd) were waiting for after E3 to buy a console because people were hoping for a price drop. I think that alone is going to translate to a ton more sales in June.

I don't think it is crazy at all. Stuff like that builds up hype, causes people to look at Youtube/Twitch/etc. to see gameplay of the game and then decide to buy the console to play said game. The power of the internet definitely shouldn't be underestimated.
You think many people were expecting a price drop to be announced a few days after the release of a new bundle?

GamerJM

Banned

I don't think so. I mean, I didn't see many people within the hardcore crowd (on places like here, GameFAQs, /v/, Reddit, etc.) saying this. And the MK8 bundle should be a decently large draw.

Top Bottom