• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for May 2014 [Up1: Wii U Hardware]

How is it doom and gloom if ps4 is doing miles better than ps3 in the same time frame?

Because competition. Not really, but people tend to forget that there is unlikely to be another Wii like phenomenon. Sales will likely drop this gen, but that's due to many consumers moving on. Also, you have to wait to see how many multiple console purchasers come into the picture. Etc

Bgamer90

Banned
I'm impressed the xbone version of Wolf did that well. It's not a multiplayer game so it's not like community matters.

Yeah, I was thinking the same... Is Wolfenstein more known alongside the Xbox brand for some reason?

Edit: Well, outside of it being a shooter.

1. It's not a tablet
2. They're doubling down on software that uses the Gamepad

Maybe they should double down on software that uses the gamepad while simultaneously unbundling it. The people who really want gamepad games will buy the gamepad to play them, and for everyone else there's a $150 Wii U that's well into impulse buy territory.

Opiate

PS4 is tracking ahead of PS3 at the same point. So.... your/his point?

We're talking about console health generally. Keep in mind that PS4 has to carry the weight of two particularly weak second and third place platforms. If PS4 finishes with, let's say, 110M units sold -- very respectable for a generation leading console -- but Xbox One and Wii U sell 50M units total, that will represent substantial contraction of the home console market, while video games in other avenues (PC, iOS, Android, etc.) continue to rapidly expand. Those numbers are chosen semi-arbitrarily, to represent that PS4 doing fine isn't by itself sufficient to show health of home consoles broadly.

sphagnum

Banned
Not too surprising with the Wii U's numbers. Most of the month was a dry spell until the very last day when Mario Kart came out. I hope June is at least 100k.

Top Bottom