• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for May 2015

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Overall:

Overall retail sales are down 13% year over year.

Hardware sales were down 18% year over year.

Retail software sales were down 25% year over year.

Software:

1.) The Witcher III: Wild Hunt (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
2.) Mortal Kombat X (PS4, Xbox One)
3.) Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
4.) Minecraft (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
5.) Splatoon (Wii U)
6.) Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4, 360, Xbox One, PS3, PC)
7.) NBA 2K15 (360, PS4, Xbox One, PS3, PC)
8.) FIFA 15 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, Vita)
9.) MLB 15: The Show (PS4, PS3)
10.) Super Smash Bros. (3DS, Wii U)

Notes:
-PS4 was the leader in software sales for the month.

Hardware:

PS4: Best selling console.
Xbox One: Up 81% over May 2014. This would imply 139K.

Other Information:

Sony via VentureBeat said:
“As we head into E3, we would like to thank gamers for making PS4 the top-selling console and the leader in software sales in the U.S. in May,” a Sony spokesperson said in a statement provided to GamesBeat. “We are truly humbled by this success and we look forward to sharing what’s next for PS4 at our E3 press conference on June 15.”

“PS4 continues to be the cumulative sales leader in the US and globally with more than 20 million consoles already in the market,” said Sony’s spokesperson.

http://venturebeat.com/2015/06/11/playstation-4-outsells-xbox-one-in-may-according-to-npd-data/

Microsoft via VentureBeat said:
“Xbox One and Xbox Live continue to see strong growth in sales and engagement. Xbox One sales in the U.S. were up 81 percent over May 2014 and active global Xbox Live members, Xbox One and Xbox 360, were up 20 percent,” a Microsoft spokesperson said. “We are grateful to our fans for choosing Xbox One and for making Xbox Live the fun and vibrant community that is. We can’t wait to share more on the greatest games lineup in Xbox history at E3 next week.”

http://venturebeat.com/2015/06/11/m...le-sales-as-the-witcher-iii-has-strong-debut/

VanWinkle

Really surprised Splatoon did pretty decently.

And PS4 right back at top. Looks like PS4 SKU also beat the XB1 SKU on every single multiplat game on there. Impressive. (edit: oh, except Minecraft)

Kevinroc

We can now confirm that Splatoon really is the newest major Nintendo IP. I, for one, welcome our new Squid overlords.

Javin98

Banned
I'm not surprised the PS4 won, honestly. Now I can't wait to get the numbers. Either way, I expect the gap between the PS4 and XB1 to be around 20K or less.

And it continues:

ziqiYFE.png

Yay at #Splatoon :)

OCD Guy

I don't usually keep up to date with sales charts, but does Fifa and Call of Duty ever not appear in the charts?

Or do they sell constantly and then get replaced by the new version?

Top Bottom