• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2009

dolemite

The number gurus on GAF probably already know this but:
Lifetime-to-date

PS2: 44,981,318
DS: 35,416,758
Wii: 23,324,381
Xbox 360: 17,320,986
PSP: 16,182,836
PS3: 9,768,696

Year-to-date

DS: 7,875,400
Wii: 5,784,000
Xbox 360: 3,460,700
PS3: 2,974,500
PSP: 1,841,200
PS2: 1,466,700
nintendoeverything

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Fuzzy said:
grandjedi6 said:

20at0l2.png

tass0 - stealthily providing us with vg chartz data since 2009
Wasn't there a rule about that site in these threads?
There was something in the faqs maybe? I'm not sure, my mind is oh so fuzzy

He's survived so far though!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
grandjedi6 said:
There was something in the faqs maybe? I'm not sure, my mind is oh so fuzzy

He's survived so far though!
Is that supposed to be some kind of dig? :lol

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
Did anyone post a chart comparison for current versus last gen consoles in the same timeframe (aka released months) in this thread? I didn't recall seeing one.....

Btw grandjedi6, does posting that pic mean you read Fairy Tail?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Fuzzy said:
Is that supposed to be some kind of dig? :lol
I noticed the pun before I posted but I decided to keep it because it was awesome.

vanguardian1 said:
Btw grandjedi6, does posting that pic mean you read Fairy Tail?

Its a fun little manga. Better than most crappy shonens at least.

liuelson

Jokeropia said:
Only Wii and 360 sold more software than DS in November. For the whole year through September, only Wii sold more.

Top 10 only, or do we have total software sales numbers somewhere (I'm assuming unit)?

Jokeropia

Total units yes. You can approximate them from the revenue shares posted by Gamasutra.

If you refer to the YTD through September, we have this:

32l.jpg

NemesisPrime said:
Surely that cannot be true. What are those people doing with their PSPs? I find it hard to believe this is all for piracy.

O it's true. I love my psp, yet the last game I purchased was Resistance Retribution almost 9 months ago.

But the big problem is the $40 price tag every new release has and the lack of marketing for EVERY psp game.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
NemesisPrime said:
Surely that cannot be true. What are those people doing with their PSPs? I find it hard to believe this is all for piracy.

It can't possibly be at this point. Every month that goes by with the PSP-3000 essentially uncracked and more hardware sales racking up, the percentage of PSPs that can be used for piracy continues to drop.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Stumpokapow said:
It can't possibly be at this point. Every month that goes by with the PSP-3000 essentially uncracked and more hardware sales racking up, the percentage of PSPs that can be used for piracy continues to drop.

Pretty slowly though, because no one buys PSPs!

Outside of Japan at any rate, but its not like they have as hard a time selling software over there.

kswiston

gamergirly said:
So Reggie is losing his bet?

Does NSMB Wii only have to beat the PS3 version of Modern Warfare 2 by the end of January? It might do that. It will depend on how much MW2 (PS3) drops in December, and whether NSMB Wii goes up for the month. The 360 version is out of reach, unless we are talking LTD 3 years from now.

ReyBrujo

kswiston said:
Does NSMB Wii only have to beat the PS3 version of Modern Warfare 2 by the end of January? It might do that. It will depend on how much MW2 (PS3) drops in December, and whether NSMB Wii goes up for the month. The 360 version is out of reach, unless we are talking LTD 3 years from now.
I think NSMB Wii will only need up to March 2011 to beat MW2 (and maybe just up to December 2010). But it is a strong bet.

kswiston

Oxx said:
Aren't Vesperia and Dawn of the New World in that neighbourhood too?

Jrpgs have been few in far between on consoles this gen. Wouldn't surprise me if it is largely the same group of people buying all of these games. Infinite Undiscovery and the Last Remnant were in that same range according to the NPD leak earlier in the year as well.

ReyBrujo said:
I think NSMB Wii will only need up to March 2011 to beat MW2 (and maybe just up to December 2010). But it is a strong bet.

In the US? And are you talking the 360 version or both versions together? Both versions of MW2 together could crack 10M LTD, depending on how they do in December. Even with Massive drop-offs, the combined LTD will be north of 8M. I am not confident that NSMB Wii will do 8-10M in the US alone. At least by the timeframe you have outlined.

It's a Wii game though, so who knows! Might be in the top 10 for the next 18 months. What are Wii Fit and Wii Play currently at?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
donny2112 said:
Something like 8 and 11 million respectively, IIRC. NSMB DS is probably around 6 million, in comparison.

also wii fit plus is also at 1.1 million. i'm not sure if it makes sense to combine the two for the sake of continuity, but there's the data anyway

Are we back on the "Reggie's Bet" thing? I don't think he'll win (which I said in the original thread), but there's really no telling until we see December's sales. MW2 will drop dramatically, and I expect NSMB to go up dramatically, but it's hard to say how much.

Honestly, though, I'd be surprised if uber-conservative Nintendo even ships enough units for Reggie to win his bet. Nintendo is just never ready to have a big front-loaded hit. When the demand is there, they just have shortages.

Oxx

Sadist said:
I'm sensing a patern here.

Or are we getting Anihawked here?

I think it's clear that there are only 130,000 people in the USA that are interested in Japanese Role-Playing Games.

Sorry, FFXIII you had a nice run.

AniHawk

Oxx said:
I think it's clear that there are only 130,000 people in the USA that are interested in Japanese Role-Playing Games.

Sorry, FFXIII you had a nice run.

Radiant Dawn did somewhere in the neighborhood of 170k. That's still about 60k less than what Path of Radiance did.

Top Bottom