• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2009

boiled goose

good with gravy
Leondexter said:
Are we back on the "Reggie's Bet" thing? I don't think he'll win (which I said in the original thread), but there's really no telling until we see December's sales. MW2 will drop dramatically, and I expect NSMB to go up dramatically, but it's hard to say how much.

Honestly, though, I'd be surprised if uber-conservative Nintendo even ships enough units for Reggie to win his bet. Nintendo is just never ready to have a big front-loaded hit. When the demand is there, they just have shortages.

NSMB wii needs to outsell one version of MW2 by the end of January NPD.

it might be ahead of the ps3 version already by the end of december.
I dont think it will catch the 360 version for a while though. too hot out of the gate.

AniHawk

Oxx said:
That's not half bad. Shadow Dragon?
Better than Radiant Dawn, worse than Path of Radiance.

On Mario: apparently it's been out of stock everywhere. I just picked up a points card at Best Buy today. I didn't see NSMBW anywhere, but I wasn't actively looking for it. I did see someone who had it at the the checkout stand though, so maybe I witnessed the last one being sold. During my Christmas shopping, I've noticed it's been sold out of two targets, that one Best Buy, and the Gamestop I used to work at (which is frustrating my former coworkers).

topramen

while we are talking about random numbers, how have the Rabbids LTDs fared across the series?

I'd assume it went
1>TV party>2>Rabbids go home.
can we get some info on those numbers?

Nirolak said:
Out of curiosity, what's the best selling home console JRPG this generation?

I'm assuming Lost Odyssey as it had the best opening.

Yeah, I believe Lost Odyssey has that honor for another few months until Final Fantasy XIII hits in the US.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Gamer @ Heart said:
Sp how is Kingdom Hearts 365/2 Days doing in teh US and the world?
Square Enix actually shared this I believe. Check their IR page.

I'd go grab it, but I have to head out right now.

Accident

Nirolak said:
Out of curiosity, what's the best selling home console JRPG this generation?

I'm assuming Lost Odyssey as it had the best opening.

Lost Odyssey has sold about 350k by the last time we got an update.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
AniHawk said:
Better than Radiant Dawn, worse than Path of Radiance.

On Mario: apparently it's been out of stock everywhere. I just picked up a points card at Best Buy today. I didn't see NSMBW anywhere, but I wasn't actively looking for it. I did see someone who had it at the the checkout stand though, so maybe I witnessed the last one being sold. During my Christmas shopping, I've noticed it's been sold out of two targets, that one Best Buy, and the Gamestop I used to work at (which is frustrating my former coworkers).
I was in Target today and not only was NSMB:Wii out of stock they also were out of "49.99 as advertized" Super Mario Galaxy. Wonder if people are getting desperate/confused or alternatively coming to their senses.

ReyBrujo said:
Even without the bet we would be talking about the same, just like we had the GTAIV vs. Mario Kart Wii.

Yeah, I suppose so. By the way, that's a great example of what I was referring to: MKWii was out of stock all over the place for weeks, because Nintendo ships so conservatively. NSMBWii is out of stock some places now (hell, it's out of stock at Gamestop.com as I type this), but even though it's sold 6+ million copies already, MW2 is easy to find.

Somnid

We never got Style Savvy numbers did we? I was interested to see how it would do being the only high profile female geared release ever.

Takao

Banned
LBP for PSP has been #1 on MediaGo for a couple of weeks now, so I assume the download version has done some decent numbers for Sony. (Read As: I hope it did decent numbers for Sony)

Stumpokapow said:
It can't possibly be at this point. Every month that goes by with the PSP-3000 essentially uncracked and more hardware sales racking up, the percentage of PSPs that can be used for piracy continues to drop.

They're all buying used copies from GameStop, and $5 UMD movies from Wal-Mart.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Somnid said:
We never got Style Savvy numbers did we? I was interested to see how it would do being the only high profile female geared release ever.

We did not get them, but if we did I'm certain they'd indicate sales of 85-95k based on advertising, comparable extended audience releases, and anecdotal evidence. In fact, I'd bet money on it.

Somnid

Stumpokapow said:
We did not get them, but if we did I'm certain they'd indicate sales of 85-95k based on advertising, comparable extended audience releases, and anecdotal evidence. In fact, I'd bet money on it.

Seems like a reasonable guess. Nintendo's marketing was really odd because it was not in the usual places. I see it all over the DS section in game stores and on the Nintendo Channel but I haven't really seen any traditional places with ads (maybe they were in girl mags I don't read). I think this will probably be something revisted much like Layton in terms of advertising because there's not a whole lot that competes with it.

Top Bottom