• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results For November 2010 [Update 6: PSP, PS2, Move Games]

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
donny2112 said:
If it has legs like The Conduit, then it'll be bad, definitely. There should be some kind of requirement to have more than one month of sales for a Nintendo system's game before commenting on its performance. CoD: World at War sold ~100K in November 2008 and should be close to 1m by now in the U.S., for example.

It is still somewhat disappointing for its first month, though, since it makes reaching a high total that much more difficult.
Yes, because the software market for third parties on Wii is exactly the same now as it was in 2008.

donny2112

cjelly said:
Yes, because the software market for third parties on Wii is exactly the same now as it was in 2008.

In the sense that most everyone thinks it's crap, yeah, it's pretty much the same as 2008. :lol

truly101 said:
Those sales were all slim owners who've given up the BC dream.
PS2 BC will come back... in the PS4.

I wish MS would push their BC titles more/work on the emulation some more. Seems as though the philosophy at MS is that they are deathly afraid of giving people a reason not to buy new games... at least until this year where they did have some good sales on older XBLA games. In the past they've been so reluctant to give sales on old content, and reluctant to put up more original Xbox games (Halo 2?). Sucks even more that they ended up killing original xbox multiplayer. The whole promise of Xbox live when it started was that the servers would never go down. I still don't see why they needed to do that, they could've just ran original Xbox games on a separate network with a separate friends list.

Busaiku

farnham said:
is other m only november or ltd ?
Well, I said it was LTD.

cjelly said:
Didn't Modern Warfare Reflex go through a similar ordeal?
But then again, Call of Duty is a much stronger brand.

I imagine Black Ops Wii did pretty well.
Probably close to 300k.

Htown said:
Yep. One of the only real AAA third party games on the Wii. Utterly fantastic.

But again, you release a FPS literally one week before Black Ops comes out, and I kinda feel like, what do you expect?

Yeah, it's really good. I only just picked it up a week ago, so +1 sale for December. I'm pleasantly surprised. It's head and shoulders above any other FPS on the Wii, and most off it it as well.

At this point, though, Wii owners have been trained pretty well to be skeptical of anything they haven't already played. I'm not sure Black Ops killed Goldeneye. It might've just been the legitimate fear of being burned that Wii owners have.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Kenka said:
You mean : we won't get any other over-sexualized Samus, right ? If this is what you meant, then I pretty much agree. Other M's action parts were good but the story and ass shots made me cringe.

Exactly what I meant. Prime 3 and prime trilogy both sold better and reviewed better.

That is a good message.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
faridmon said:
I really don't buy the argument that it was affacted by Black Ops at all. In fact, I think it could help it a bit as Wii owners would get cought on its wave on hype and look at Goldeneye as quite respectable replacement. I just don't think it would have sold better in any other time released in the year.
Why would Wii owners look at Goldeneye as a replacement for Black Ops instead of just buying Black Ops? The game did come out on Wii, after all.

Koren

infinityBCRT said:
PS2 BC will come back... in the PS4.
I would welcome it, but I'm not sure about it. I think the lack of PS2 BC on PS4, for most people (not me), is a non-issue. Graphic Synthesizer still can perform some tricks that I don't expect to see in any graphic card soon (bandwidth and context-switching wide). They could probably emulate a very big number of games, but not close to 100% and with some efforts. Will they care?

jvm

Gamasutra.
DMeisterJ said:
December is a 5-week month, so it'll be from 11/28/10 - 01/01/11
And, just because it's sometimes not on time, I'll add that the NPD Group has stated December 2010/year-end sales release will be on 13 January 2011.

Boney

Banned
Leondexter said:
No Metroid is better than shamefully bad Metroid. I'd feel good that it sold poorly if I could convince myself that it was because the game stinks, or that Nintendo would get the message that the game stinks.
Others including me enjoyed it a lot. How is no Metroid better? If you don't like them, don't play them.

Boney said:
Others including me enjoyed it a lot. How is no Metroid better? If you don't like them, don't play them.

What do you mean, "them"? Other M is just one game. And how am I supposed to avoid playing a game I don't like when knowing whether or not I like it necessitates playing it? I wanted to like it. I assumed I would like it. But I didn't, and I would prefer it didn't exist (or better yet, that it didn't stink).

Top Bottom