• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2013 [Up3: Zelda, Pokemon, Mario, 3DS, Wii U]

Vita US: 1.63m
Vita JP: 2.17m

US + JP = 3.80 million

I'm guessing Europe + Canada + whatever is enough to clear 1.2 million, but just enough.

So, yeah, around 5 million sounds like a good estimate for Vita total sales to consumers worldwide.

Wii U US: 1.61m
Wii U JP: 1.27m

US + JP = 2.88 million

we know WiiU is at 3.91 million or so, including the EU (from press releases or whatever).

So it's slightly behind the Vita WW- by about a million units or so. I honestly have no idea which will outsell the other, but Sony has a habit of supporting things WAY past their sell by date and getting away with it.

They shoehorned SACD compatibility into the PS3, Minidisc was on the shelves for fucking EVER, and the PSP still isn't done.

Nintendo I'm less certain about. i give the WiiU another year of sales like this before it's yanked, or retail yanks it for them.

Chobel

From their website:

Beginning on the hardware side, although the Wii U did fail to outsell the PS4 and Xbox One, Wii U sales did see an increase of over 340% in November over the month of October. This is even more significant, considering that October Wii U sales were already well above the September amount, just as September sales were already well above the August figures. In short, the Wii U is performing much better than it has been in the previous months.

Now THAT is spin.

zaFaxI8.gif

UNCMark

Banned
I don't understand, anyone?

Third party games did really well on the two next gen consoles. Those are the Xbox One numbers, and Sony said software sold better on PS4, so we know those games did well across both platforms. Translation: Vita and Wii are fucked, but the industry is doing well.

Sakura

From their website:

Beginning on the hardware side, although the Wii U did fail to outsell the PS4 and Xbox One, Wii U sales did see an increase of over 340% in November over the month of October. This is even more significant, considering that October Wii U sales were already well above the September amount, just as September sales were already well above the August figures. In short, the Wii U is performing much better than it has been in the previous months.

Now THAT is spin.

Wait, I thought October was down over September?

It is crazy how wrong Nintendo has gone with the Wii U. Let's review:

• The name. The common person doesn't understand it. Maybe they don't even notice it.
  • The hardware. It's underpowered, by a lot.
  • Counting on couch co-op. For the most part, people don't do that anymore.
  • The price. Too high.
  • No third party support.
It's almost like any one of those things could have doomed the Wii U, but Nintendo nailed it on all five.

All things can be fixed with price, marketing and software. Also, I don't count the couch co-op. That's a POSITIVE thing.

Jonsoncao

Banned
So XB1 software sales rank:

1. Ghosts
2. Battlefield 4
3. Dead Rising 3
4. Forza 5
5. Ryse
6. ACIV
7. Madden
8. NBA 2K14
9. Angry Birds Star Wars = 2.8k