• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2013 [Up3: Zelda, Pokemon, Mario, 3DS, Wii U]

Isn't XB1 being the fastest selling just a result of them releasing later in the month? Both consoles probably did 90% of their sales on day one.

witness

Sony is better off just making a Vita that has no hardware other than what's needed to stream PS4 games for remote play, sell it for $100 and they should make a good profit off it. Certainly a better business proposition than the Vita is now.

All things can be fixed with price, marketing and software. Also, I don't count the couch co-op. That's a POSITIVE thing.

Well, more software has come out and the price has already dropped. And here we are. Anything can happen, but I think it might be time to brace yourself for the possibility that there may not be a fix to this problem.

coldfoot

Banned
I don't think 2014 means Just Dance in either next-gen platform, most sales for that would come from last gen, so it probably means NBA

UNCMark

Banned
Isn't XB1 being the fastest selling just a result of them releasing later in the month? Both consoles probably did 90% of their sales on day one.

Yep, and also helped by the fact that PS4 was on sale for 2 weeks of the month, but only actually on sale for 2 days in most places (release day and then black friday).

Satchel

Banned
It is crazy how wrong Nintendo has gone with the Wii U. Let's review:

• The name. The common person doesn't understand it. Maybe they don't even notice it.
  • The hardware. It's underpowered, by a lot.
  • Counting on couch co-op. For the most part, people don't do that anymore.
  • The price. Too high.
  • No third party support.
It's almost like any one of those things could have doomed the Wii U, but Nintendo nailed it on all five.

Don't forget they made the damn thing LOOK like the Wii as well, just to add to the confusion.

Road

So Vita is still less worse than Wii U worldwide?

Vita is obviously ahead in worldwide sales because it has a 9 month to 1 year head start.

we know WiiU is at 3.91 million or so, including the EU (from press releases or whatever).

So it's slightly behind the Vita WW- by about a million units or so. I honestly have no idea which will outsell the other, but Sony has a habit of supporting things WAY past their sell by date and getting away with it.

3.91 million is the number Nintendo shipped to retailers by September 30. I'm discussing sales to consumers.

satam55

Banned
Best Buy PR: “We’ve Sold Many More PS4′s Than Xbox One’s
Posted Dec 12 2013 by Dylan Zellmer

944813_623415684382069_2031107484_n.jpg

This evening iGR covered Best Buy‘s Ultimate Gamers Showdown, Madden 25 tournament. I had the opportunity to speak to Sony, Xbox, and more importantly, Best Buy PR while spectating the tourney. While company policy prohibits stating exact sales figures of any product, I was given a general statement as to which next-gen console is currently selling better at Best Buy. On-site members of Best Buy’s Senior PR team stated, “We’ve sold many more PS4s than Xbox One’s.” The staff also noted, “Both products are selling extremely well.” This being Best Buy’s flagship store in Richfield, MN, less than a mile from corporate headquarters; I take these numbers as a general trend of nationwide sales thus far.

That fact was driven home by the sheer amount of next-gen stock that Best Buy had on-hand. The retailer had nine PS4 units (two of which purchased moments later) and over thirty Xbox One consoles in-stock. Another surprising revelation was that the Madden 25 tournament was being played exclusively on PS4 hardware. And yes, before another “There’s PS4′s in-stock” article is printed; PS4s and Xbox One’s were both available at Best Buy.

The fact remains that both consoles have sold over two million units since they launched. But Best Buy was just one stop I made tonight. I also visited my local GameStop before heading home. The CSR working when I arrived pretty much mirrored the statements from Best Buy saying, “We don’t have any PS4′s for sale right now, but we have about 25 Xbox One’s.” The rep added, “I get calls everyday from customers looking for PS4′s.”

In the end both Sony and Microsoft have enjoyed stellar console launches. How things stack up long-term remains to be seen.

1483337_623415694382068_1795127395_n.jpg

http://www.igameresponsibly.com/2013/12/12/best-buy-pr-weve-sold-many-ps4s-xbox-ones/
”
ohhh.png

ec0ec0

theres sooo many things to be sad about... sad. Always, reading this threads is hard because, the first thing that you are going to see (even before the really bad news), is that fucking top 10 list... after years and years, and it still hurts me :,,

Road

N is either NBA or Need for Speed.

Knack bombed and EA is laughing on their way to the bank.

Beaten multiple times, obviously.

Top Bottom