• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2013 [Up3: Zelda, Pokemon, Mario, 3DS, Wii U]

hoos30

I don’t follow sales threads, but I just saw that this crashed gaf so I got curious. Doesn't selling 100k a week basically mean that X1 is selling slower since PS4 stock sold out instantly and the X1 took weeks? I honestly thought that they both were sold out instantly but the PR makes it seem like the X1 took weeks to sell out of the initial shipment. I expect both to sell every unit they can produce for months so NPDs are really worthless as far as declaring a “winner”, but the pace at which they are selling could be a hint on the hotter console at the moment. I still think its going to be close in NA between the two but if this is any indication, the PS4 may slightly edge it out even in NA starting out. Of course MS still has many tricks up their sleeve so I’m not saying for sure, but out of the gate it does look like the price is going to hurt them in the long run. Short term though, both consoles are doing amazing.

You put WAY too much thought into this. "Fastest selling" is just a silly math way of saying "XBO has been on the market for less days than PS4". Don't take the bait.

This is nuts.

Really makes me wonder how did the PS4 version of AC4 outsell the PS3 version? Especially with the PS3 version being both significantly cheaper and having a $10 digital upgrade that still made it cheaper to buy than the PS4 version.

I guess everybody who was set for Watch Dogs just ended up buying AC4 instead lol.

because given that watch_dogs was delayed, AC4 is the best retail PS4 game.

bananas

Banned
If PS4 sold the same percentage over XBO as the PS4 version of COD sold over the XBO version, then PS4 HW would be 1,044,979.

Probably more than that.

LOCK

Reading through this thread has been entertaining. The hyperbole for the Wij U has been interesting. Not good numbers by a long shot but changing the system's sales curve takes time.

The 3DS is the real disappointment.

Teddified

This is nuts.

Really makes me wonder how did the PS4 version of AC4 outsell the PS3 version? Especially with the PS3 version being both significantly cheaper and having a $10 digital upgrade that still made it cheaper to buy than the PS4 version.

I guess everybody who was set for Watch Dogs just ended up buying AC4 instead lol.

AC4 came out on October 29th for ps3 maybe that's the reason?

Boss Man

Curious to see what that spread looks like on games that aren't COD (or aren't FPS at all for that matter, but I imagine COD is the closest)

Reading through this thread has been entertaining. The hyperbole for the Wij U has been interesting. Not good numbers by a long shot but changing the system's sales curve takes time.

The 3DS is the real disappointment.

there is literally nothing that can change that "sales curve."

It's being outsold by the Gamecube, the saturn, the turbografx-16, the sega master system, and even trailing the vita worldwide.

do you have a brilliant plan that could have made all of those systems viable? because they're in better shape than the WiiU right now.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The CoD ratio is lower than the HW installed bases ratio, right?

I dunno. We don't have a PS4 figure. It wouldn't surprise me that it is a more popular series on the Xbox platform though given history...and, well, not history but the present tense (look at that Xbox 360 figure...wow).

Damaniel

Banned
I'm kind of curious about the ratio between 2k14 and Live. I'm sure that the former is massively outselling the latter, but is it 3x as many? 5x? 10x?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
This is nuts.

PS3 version launched at the end of October IIRC. So it probably got the bulk in those few days.

Mory Dunz

Is there a ballpark number for CoD we can go off of?

All I have is...3DW did 215K and didn't make top 10 so CoD is a lot higher than that (lol).

Top Bottom