• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2013 [Up3: Zelda, Pokemon, Mario, 3DS, Wii U]

Are you basing that on weak PS4 shipments, or strong XB1 sales? Just curious.

Shipments.

Asia is getting 500k for their launch this week. They will sell out there. They would also sell out here. Sony clearly is going for the jugular in the rest of the world and it seems clear to me that MS cares about the US and UK and that's about it. Because they want to sell services and people will buy NFL in the US... they won't in Taiwan.

K is shadow fall.

Knack didn't break 100k (at retail...). Is selling better than internal expectations.

Ps4 was about 200k over xb1. Barely moved 100k the rest of the month after launch. Sacrificing huge NA lead for huge WW lead. Xb1 will win December in NA.

Vita over 2 mil in US and Sony has absolutely no plans on abandoning it. The numbers are fucking awful though. Expect a price drop with the new model before spring. Vita tv will make it here as well, possibly through online vendors only. Working all that out.

232k for wii u. It needs to find a cheap niche... I think hd remakes is the way to go - cheap to make, don't need large install base to turn profit.

Nothing is dead yet. Hyperbole explosion. This is neogaf forum dot gif file extension.

Not sure if sacrificing a North American lead is a good idea... they have Europe pretty well covered so they should really be focusing on North America.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Makes sense for Sony to not release numbers if its barely moved anything since launch because they haven't supplied anything. Would create the false impression that theres no demand rather than the fact that there is no supply.

Imtey

Banned
K is shadow fall.

Knack didn't break 100k (at retail...). Is selling better than internal expectations.

Ps4 was about 200k over xb1. Barely moved 100k the rest of the month after launch. Sacrificing huge NA lead for huge WW lead. Xb1 will win December in NA.

Vita over 2 mil in US and Sony has absolutely no plans on abandoning it. The numbers are fucking awful though. Expect a price drop with the new model before spring. Vita tv will make it here as well, possibly through online vendors only. Working all that out.

232k for wii u. It needs to find a cheap niche... I think hd remakes is the way to go - cheap to make, don't need large install base to turn profit.

Nothing is dead yet. Hyperbole explosion. This is neogaf forum dot gif file extension.

Thanks famous, ps4 sales are dissapointing beyond the first few days but I guess supply was shit in the end

What new vita model? The led one?

GulAtiCa

It's a totally unsupported game on the Wii U. Honestly, they shouldn't have even bothered. The number of players online has dropped down to an abysmal 300-700. It was once in the 2k or more range, but so many people have bailed. This is what you get when you treat the game and the players like ass. Well deserved, in my opinion.

To be far, they've been supporting it with constant patches. 2 news ones came out within last week.

I've been playing regularly, and yeah, it's now down to 600k to 1.25k. Quite a difference from those 1.5k+ to 2.5k.

PBY

Banned
AC
1 - 30.95%
4 - 69.05%

NSF
1 - 16.71%
4 - 48.42%
360 - 17.77%
3 - 17.11%

NFL
1 - 40.12%
4 - 59.88%

2K14
1 - 34.84%
4 - 65.16%

FIFA 14
1 - 35.43%
4 - 64.57%

NBA 14
1 - 43.40%
4 - 56.60%

Wonder what we can extrapolate from this. NBA was the only title out at the same time, numbers are closer, relative to install base.

nampad

I think Activision should have done a quickie Vita port. It did OK numbers last year. Give it to a crappy outsourcing studio like nhilistic and let them do it.

LOL I said Insomniac but it really was a freudian slip. Meant Nihilistic.

Yes, I don't understand why the Vita didn't get another version after last years CoD sold rather well. I mean even the Wii U got a version. Of course a Wii U port is relatively easy done and probably not possible on the Vita. The game already runs relatively bad on current gen platforms and it was rumored that Vicarious Visions failed horribly porting the engine.
But a Vita CoD would have probably sold well. Instead, Activisions does a late port of The Amazing Spiderman. That doesn't make any sense.

coldfoot

Banned
Goddamn, those are pretty sizable leads. I'm ignoring NFS though, no one bought that over Forza on XB1.

Also, LOL @ the "Official console of the NFL" selling less copies of Madden.

Salex_

Why in the world would they stop focusing on NA when they're clearly winning in nearly every other country? So confused
AC
1 - 30.95%
4 - 69.05%

NSF
1 - 16.71%
4 - 48.42%
360 - 17.77%
3 - 17.11%

NFL
1 - 40.12%
4 - 59.88%

2K14
1 - 34.84%
4 - 65.16%

FIFA 14
1 - 35.43%
4 - 64.57%

NBA 14
1 - 43.40%
4 - 56.60%
Daaaaaaam

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Shipments.

Asia is getting 500k for their launch this week. They will sell out there. They would also sell out here. Sony clearly is going for the jugular in the rest of the world and it seems clear to me that MS cares about the US and UK and that's about it. Because they want to sell services and people will buy NFL in the US... they won't in Taiwan.

WTF 500k for asia!!!

When is the asia launch again?

witness

Seems like Sony is making a big mistake with conceding NA for bigger numbers WW. There's no need for that, they should be stacking the US and UK, the true battlegrounds for new gen.

jcracken

Banned

Called it.

I want Vita to do well. I don't care for Vita TV at all, though. So conflicted.

Seriously doubt this, the shipment our store received this month between consoles is heavily lopsided in favor of PS4.

This is the on the spot narrative I'm getting from people who actually work the stores in retail, the bigwigs will spin anything for the right price.

UIFV5bA.jpg

Might work.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of this:

Gaming Press: "ANOTHER Mario?"

CEO Foreigner: "FEEEELS LIKE THE FIIIIRST TIIIIME! FEELS LIKE THE VERY FIRST TIIIIIME!!!"

Shareholders: "How about a dividend this quarter?"

CEO Foreigner: "You're as COLD AS ICE!!! Yoooo never take advice!!! You're gonna pay the price, I know!!!"

nib95

Banned
K is shadow fall.

Is that because of constrained PS4 NA supply, or demand being less?

bananas

Banned
AC
1 - 30.95%
4 - 69.05%

NSF
1 - 16.71%
4 - 48.42%
360 - 17.77%
3 - 17.11%

NFL
1 - 40.12%
4 - 59.88%

2K14
1 - 34.84%
4 - 65.16%

FIFA 14
1 - 35.43%
4 - 64.57%

NBA 14
1 - 43.40%
4 - 56.60%

Forza 5 giving competition might explain why NFS is so loopsided, but man, these are looking like 360/PS3 SW ratios, only reversed.

Loudninja

Shipments.

Wow.

StoopKid

Shipments.

What about the big shipment this Sunday for ps4 ? For walmart etc..

Russell

Vita over 2 mil in US and Sony has absolutely no plans on abandoning it. Expect a price drop with the new model before spring.
Oh sh*t. Sony really is bringing the inferior LCD model to the US? If it increases sales, I guess that's a good thing. I wonder if the OLED model will be completely phased out...

Shipments.

500k for asia (without counting Japan)?, that's kinda crazy....

Possum

AC
1 - 30.95%
4 - 69.05%

NSF
1 - 16.71%
4 - 48.42%
360 - 17.77%
3 - 17.11%

NFL
1 - 40.12%
4 - 59.88%

2K14
1 - 34.84%
4 - 65.16%

FIFA 14
1 - 35.43%
4 - 64.57%

NBA 14
1 - 43.40%
4 - 56.60%

Strange to see PlayStation leading in multiplat software sales again. It's been a while.

ethomaz

Banned
Is 2m real? Seems high for Vita.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
RING THE ALARM!

Squandering their lead in US is a huge mistake. There are no guarantees they can gain it back. The bone is much much healthier than anyone gave it credit.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Shipments.

Ah interesting. Guess Sony having a slam dunk December doesn't seem so certain then.

And those percentage splits... sheeeeeeit

marrec

Banned

Vita GAF! We're not dead yet!

*puts Vita flag back up*

Boss Man

It's very likely that interest for COD is higher on XB1 than PS4, so using that game (or any game, honestly) will probably not provide as good as an estimate as you'd expect.

edit; Oh, here we go:
AC
1 - 30.95%
4 - 69.05%

NSF
1 - 16.71%
4 - 48.42%
360 - 17.77%
3 - 17.11%

NFL
1 - 40.12%
4 - 59.88%

2K14
1 - 34.84%
4 - 65.16%

FIFA 14
1 - 35.43%
4 - 64.57%

NBA 14
1 - 43.40%
4 - 56.60%

Of that is the case, where are the first party games in development? Outside of quick ports of older indie games the platform seems abandoned.

Well yeah, it's not going to be the fucking ps4 with games coming out like crazy. But when people say it's dying that means they will stop producing it or any games for it. There are no plans to stop doing either. When there are I'll let you guys know. All I'm saying is that as of now Sony hasn't walked away from it like Sega did with the dreamcast or nintendo did with the virtual boy.

But is it going to have 1/5th the big titles of the 3ds in '14? Of course not.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
It doesn't make sense to me. This is like diverting reinforcements in the War on Obesity to Whole Foods. The troops need to go to McDonalds.

Top Bottom