• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2013 [Up3: Zelda, Pokemon, Mario, 3DS, Wii U]

Elios83

Shipments.

Asia is getting 500k for their launch this week. They will sell out there. They would also sell out here. Sony clearly is going for the jugular in the rest of the world and it seems clear to me that MS cares about the US and UK and that's about it. Because they want to sell services and people will buy NFL in the US... they won't in Taiwan.

500K for Asia without Japan? :O Those are not major markets.
That seems a bit insane considering that Europe got 700k.
Also US and Europe are getting new substantial shipments as well.
Here retailers like Gamestop are starting to put ads on the front like "Yes we have PS4 units available!".
Still it will be interesting to see how many units Sony will ship this calendar year...it seems like they needed 5m units in 2013 :p

It's ok to admit your favorite system is doing badly. I love the Wii U, but I've come to terms with it's very bad sales.

Yep, we just have to let it go. Like I said exciting year in terms of games.

One thing I am glad is that while some local MP games are cool, 3DS and Wii U SW sales of casual titles are selling really really bad, they have to change focus to full hardcore mode to at least reach GC levels, with this we win. They will have to change their focus to the hardcore market if they want to survive.

DataGhost

It doesn't make sense to me. This is like diverting reinforcements in the War on Obesity to Whole Foods. The troops need to go to McDonalds.

Well, you gotta attract other people to buy your product. Obese people will probably stay obese but then you gotta make some skinny people obese to increase the market too.

nampad

K is shadow fall.

Knack didn't break 100k (at retail...). Is selling better than internal expectations.

Ps4 was about 200k over xb1. Barely moved 100k the rest of the month after launch. Sacrificing huge NA lead for huge WW lead. Xb1 will win December in NA.

Vita over 2 mil in US and Sony has absolutely no plans on abandoning it. The numbers are fucking awful though. Expect a price drop with the new model before spring. Vita tv will make it here as well, possibly through online vendors only. Working all that out.

232k for wii u. It needs to find a cheap niche... I think hd remakes is the way to go - cheap to make, don't need large install base to turn profit.

Nothing is dead yet. Hyperbole explosion. This is neogaf forum dot gif file extension.

Vita sold over 2 million in the US? Doesn't it sell better in the EU or at least comparable? That would put it together with Japans 2 million at around 6 million.

Always thought it would be US: 1.5million, EU: 1,5 million and Japan: 2 million in a best case scenario.

N.Domixis

Banned
AC
1 - 30.95%
4 - 69.05%

NSF
1 - 16.71%
4 - 48.42%
360 - 17.77%
3 - 17.11%

NFL
1 - 40.12%
4 - 59.88%

2K14
1 - 34.84%
4 - 65.16%

FIFA 14
1 - 35.43%
4 - 64.57%

NBA 14
1 - 43.40%
4 - 56.60%

Praise Sony, all mighty!

So glad to see multiplats dominating on ps4. Looks like the better multiplats is working! :)
RNLD0RV.png

jcracken

Banned
It's very likely that interest for COD is higher on XB1 than PS4, so using that game (or any game, honestly) will probably not provide as good as an estimate as you'd expect.

edit; Oh, here we go:

Yeah, but the guy I quoted said that the other guy's math was wrong. It wasn't.

the actual math wasn't the issue, the way you used the numbers was.

You literally said that the math was wrong.

math... not your strong suit

Toki767

They also had a week less of sales, NBA was the one released at the same time and its closer relative to the install bases.

I'm not even sure what to make of NBA Live sales just because it turned out so poorly. Feel pretty bad for those that bought it.

Endo Punk

So after launch Sony only supplied 200k to the most important gaming market? Stupid Stupid Stupid. They are spreading themself too thin with these launches. Maybe the software sales will still be in there favor this month, really surprised by the gap between PS4 and XB1 software sales, didn't expect them to be that huge.

It doesn't make sense to me. This is like diverting reinforcements in the War on Obesity to Whole Foods. The troops need to go to McDonalds.

Getting US would be a massive blow to MS, they have the exceptional word of mouth and popularity of post-E3 right now and the price advantage. Those secondaty markets will be there but US is the most important one and the MS bastion....

Sony definitely set the bar on USA launches then... by around 300-400K units. Lol 200K with One added.

Sorry guys, been up too long without enough hallucinogens in my system.

coldfoot

Banned
Someone needs to tell sony that their US lead is very fickle and they need to get that mindshare back by dominating the competition. Asians aren't going to start buying XB1's or Wii U's (lol) anytime soon. Reroute that 500k shipment back to 'murica where it will be gone within 24 hours or kiss your business goodbye.

yaFT4iT.gif

These sales...
Wow it's looking to be so bad for Wii U. I just hope it doesn't turn out to hurt their first party stuff at the least. Third party is a lost cause and I think even a miracle wouldn't save them either. PS4 is killing everything!

WiiU numbers look bad, but considering those sales numbers along side of 2 consoles launching it's expected. Now that everything is out I can see the WiiU slowly climb out of this hole it's in.

TC8YkiU.gif

Possum

Well yeah, it's not going to be the fucking ps4 with games coming out like crazy. But when people say it's dying that means they will stop producing it or any games for it. There are no plans to stop doing either. When there are I'll let you guys know. All I'm saying is that as of now Sony hasn't walked away from it like Sega did with the dreamcast or nintendo did with the virtual boy.

But is it going to have 1/5th the big titles of the 3ds in '14? Of course not.

When God of War Vita and Infamous Vita are released, then it has my permission to die.

Metallix87

One thing I am glad is that while some local MP games are cool, 3DS and Wii U SW sales of casual titles are selling really really bad, they have to change focus to full hardcore mode to at least reach GC levels, with this we win. They will have to change their focus to the hardcore market if they want to survive.

I think this generation will be very good for Nintendo, as they're going to have to seriously reevaluate their leadership, their franchises, their strategies, and their design philosophies. Needless to say, I doubt another disaster like the Wii U will happen anytime soon, at least from Nintendo.

Steel

Banned
Shipments.

Asia is getting 500k for their launch this week. They will sell out there. They would also sell out here. Sony clearly is going for the jugular in the rest of the world and it seems clear to me that MS cares about the US and UK and that's about it. Because they want to sell services and people will buy NFL in the US... they won't in Taiwan.

Ah, yeah. China is a good idea for them overall I suppose.

Zornack

Yeah, but the guy I quoted said that the other guy's math was wrong. It wasn't.

The math wasn't the problem, the premise behind it was.

Unless I'm mistaken the 6% is the percent of CoD sales that were on the PS4 and the 900k is the total sales of the XB1. There is no attach rate there so from those two numbers we can't deduce PS4 sales.

Mikey Jr.

AC
1 - 30.95%
4 - 69.05%

NSF
1 - 16.71%
4 - 48.42%
360 - 17.77%
3 - 17.11%

NFL
1 - 40.12%
4 - 59.88%

2K14
1 - 34.84%
4 - 65.16%

FIFA 14
1 - 35.43%
4 - 64.57%

NBA 14
1 - 43.40%
4 - 56.60%

Holy shit at PS4 percentages. Are people buying the Xbox just as a media center?

DataGhost

WiiU numbers look bad, but considering those sales numbers along side of 2 consoles launching it's expected. Now that everything is out I can see the WiiU slowly climb out of this hole it's in.

TC8YkiU.gif

I would like to be optimistic too, but those Super Mario 3d sales kinda makes me go...ehh it's too late.

Darknight

AC
1 - 30.95%
4 - 69.05%

NSF
1 - 16.71%
4 - 48.42%
360 - 17.77%
3 - 17.11%

NFL
1 - 40.12%
4 - 59.88%

2K14
1 - 34.84%
4 - 65.16%

FIFA 14
1 - 35.43%
4 - 64.57%

NBA 14
1 - 43.40%
4 - 56.60%
EA shitting their pants?

Also posting in Legendary thread for history sake! Both next gen consoles doing mighty fine. Never believed the "one console future" nor "console crash" BS. Hilarious that people used WiiU when saying some of these doom scenarios.

Chobel

Somebody here said PS4 number 1138k which fall exactly which matches what FamousMortimer said (PS4 is 200K more).

Vita tv will make it here as well, possibly through online vendors only. Working all that out.

I'm curious if you think it will be the Vita TV as is or it they might make some hardware changes to it for NA. But you can save the speculation for the next podcast!

Personally I hope they add a few things (storage for one, not to mention the DS4) for NA even if that means bumping the price ~$50. Its a niche product anyway, might as well make it more of a premium one as well.

Also, good blog post today about the sales

Metallix87

I would like to be optimistic too, but those Super Mario 3d sales kinda makes me go...ehh it's too late.

Indeed. Smash Bros. and Mario Kart will likely keep it at around Dreamcast or Gamecube levels next year, but it's time to forget about "saving" Wii U, and instead ride the system out while also learning from the mistakes made and figuring out how to avoid it happening again.

Ansatz

Nintendo core =/= hardcore market.

We are talking about more F-Zero, Starfox, Timesplitters-esque FPS made by Retro.

Kid Icarus: Uprising is Nintendo's take on the God of War franchise. Yeah.

I want more of the games I list, but help Wii U they will not.

Seik

Banned
At least the Wii U HW sales are something like 70K over what Pachter predicted.

Numbers themselves are bad though. :(

Top Bottom