• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2015 [Up3: Combined Hardware For PS4 + XB1 + Wii U]

jackdoe

Not sure why this is a surprise
PS4 had the bundle (not counted towards NPD) and MS was giving away free copies during the launch week with console purchases (which would be counted towards NPD). I'm guessing people picked up BO3 over BF that week.

iSnakeTk

Should be put to work in a coal mine.
bo3 selling better on Xbox, had Playstation marketing.
F3 selling better on Ps4, had Xbox Marketing.

Am I missing something ?

Dominator

Not that my GameStop store is a barometer for its failures but I haven't sold a single copy of Tomb Raider since the day after it came out. I was there almost all day Black Friday and didn't sell a single copy. I know it wasn't on sale but that still usually pushes some copies just because of what day it was.

Really a shame, I didn't enjoy the game at first but it really grew on me and it's one of my favorites of the year.

Bruno MB

I didn't expect to see Just Dance again.

Rise of the Tomb Raider apparently flopped, but it could actually have sold well (which it didn't) and still miss to chart inside the all formats top 10.

Going by other years, the top 10 cut off must be >500,000.

Battlefront PS4 > Xbox One, holy shit.
Not sure why this is a surprise
PS4 had Battlefront bundles.
Just to add, because software sales from bundles aren't counted in NPD's top 10 selling software of the month.

So a game like Destiny (made up figures) can sell a million copies from bundles alone on PS4, (where the bulk of the sales can come from) and an additional 500,000 from retail discs, but the XBO version of Destiny can still rank higher on NPD because it sold 600,000 from retail discs despite the fact the PS4 version actually sold 1.5 million in total, 900,000 units higher. It's just that 1 million from the bundles weren't counted, and only the 500,000 were.

Long tail, dude, long tail. It'll be fine on X1. .

AAA games not Nintendo usually have their opening bursts and then fall quick and hard, except in very rare cases like GTA5, Skyrim and most likely Fallout 4.

Just face it; ROTR is DOA. The franchise is finished. New reboot, PS4 console-exclusive incoming for 2017 practically confirmed.

MrDaravon

Super curious to see how close the BO3 sales numbers were and if the PS4 bundles for it tipped the scales. If it was still close either way with the bundles that's surprising. Fallout 4 selling more on PS4 isn't super shocking, even though Xbox has the marketing deal for it I saw virtually no ads for it.

In other news I REALLY hope SE got their monies worth out of the Tomb Raider deal, because Jesus Christ. Releasing that the same day as Fallout 4 and right after Battlefront, Halo and CoD is maybe the worst release date planning I have seen ever. Like holy shit what the fuck were they thinking?

etta

my hard graphic balls
Congratulations to PS4, solid numbers.
Maybe this will get Microsoft to rethink their "season" and how they line up their titles. Sending ROTR out to die like they did with Sunset Overdrive last year.

I feel super sorry for crystal dynamics.

A great game screwed over by a console maker needed to tick a box to compete against a game that didn't even come out this year.

Top Bottom