• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2015 [Up3: Combined Hardware For PS4 + XB1 + Wii U]

mejin

With Halo 5 for this year and Halo Wars 2/Gears 4 for next year, it does make me wonder what their big exclusive will be for holiday 2017. I could actually see them trying to quicken the output of Halo to a two year cycle as well. Or they may try harder to get third party deals for 2017 to hold them over until Halo 6 in 2018.

The big is Gears 4 only. Maybe Scalebound.

2017 I would bet is another Halo spin off.

As far as halo goes..
2014:mcc
2015:halo 5
2016:halo wars 2
2017:halo 6 or reach type of game
2018:look above.

Seems they are setting themselves up to have a halo every year if we go by how they've dobe it this year

As far as halo goes..
2014:mcc
2015:halo 5
2016:halo wars 2
2017:halo 6 or reach type of game
2018:look above.

Seems they are setting themselves up to have a halo every year if we go by how they've dobe it this year

There's been a Halo release of some sort (sequels, spinoffs, remakes, mobile games, etc.) every year since 2009.

2001- Halo: Combat Evolved
2004- Halo 2
2007- Halo 3
2009- Halo 3: ODST (originally titled Halo 3: Recon)
2010- Halo Wars
2010- Halo: Reach
2011- Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Edition
2012- Halo 4
2013- Halo: Spartan Assault (Also released in various platforms in 2014 and 2015)
2014- Halo: The Master Chief Collection
2015- Halo: Spartan Strike
2015- Halo 5: Guardians
2016- Halo Wars 2

There's been a Halo release of some sort (sequels, spinoffs, remakes, mobile games, etc.) every year since 2009.

2004- Halo 2
2007- Halo 3
2010- Halo Wars
2012- Halo 4
2013- Halo: Spartan Assault (Also released in various platforms in 2014 and 2015)
2016- Halo Wars 2
Damn i thought it was just a new thing starting. Thats alil ridiculous to me. Forza is next i suppose. But aye if its selling i guess

Damn i thought it was just a new thing starting. Thats alil ridiculous to me. Forza is next i suppose. But aye if its selling i guess

Forza Motorsport- 2005
Forza Motorsport 2- 2007
Forza Motorsport 3- 2009
Forza Motorsport 4- 2011
Forza: Horizon- 2012
Forza Motorsport 5- 2013
Forza: Horizon 2- 2014
Forza: Motorsport 6- 2015

The main series is every two years. It seems that (starting with 2012) the interim years are reserved for the Horizon spinoffs.

Forza Motorsport- 2005
Forza Motorsport 2- 2007
Forza Motorsport 3- 2009
Forza Motorsport 4- 2011
Forza: Horizon- 2012
Forza Motorsport 5- 2013
Forza: Horizon 2- 2014
Forza: Motorsport 6- 2015

The main series is every two years. It seems that (starting with 2012) the interim years are reserved for the Horizon spinoffs.
The thing i dont get with forza is do they sell enough for such a schedule like that?

With Halo 5 for this year and Halo Wars 2/Gears 4 for next year, it does make me wonder what their big exclusive will be for holiday 2017. I could actually see them trying to quicken the output of Halo to a two year cycle as well. Or they may try harder to get third party deals for 2017 to hold them over until Halo 6 in 2018.

Gears 4 is clearly the headliner. I really think releasing Scalebound during the holiday season will be a huge mistake if they want it to sell.

The thing i dont get with forza is do they sell enough for such a schedule like that?

I think they sell well enough, but from what I understand, car games are in decline overall. Though, Gran Turismo Sport will probably sell a lot, just because of the brand. GT6 (releasing on PS3 after PS4 launched with virtually no marketing campaign) still managed to sell 4.71 million copies. Forza will not be going away any time soon.

I think they sell well enough, but from what I understand, car games are in decline. Though, Gran Turismo Sport will probably sell a lot, just because of the brand. GT6 (releasing on PS3 after PS4 launched with virtually no marketing campaign) still managed to sell 4.71 million copies.
Hmm interesting would gt benefit from such a schedule or would it not matter sales wise.

Bgamer90

Banned

I would guess so if they keep on pushing them. The games are never huge sellers though. MS wants a racing series to compete with Gran Turismo (and I guess Driveclub now) so I believe that a Forza game would have to REALLY bomb (maybe NBA Live levels) for them to consider stopping the series.

Guess we will find out what they will do with the Forza brand in a few months. I would be very excited/pumped if Horizon 3 is set for 2016 but I'm in no rush at all. Forza Motorsport 6 (and Horizon 2 for that matter) could last me the whole gen as is.

I would guess so if they keep on pushing them. The games are never huge sellers though. MS wants a racing series to compete with Gran Turismo (and I guess Driveclub now) so I believe that a Forza game would have to REALLY bomb (maybe NBA Live levels) for them to consider stopping the series.

Guess we will find out what they will do with the Forza brand in a few months. I would be very excited/pumped if Horizon 3 is set for 2016 but I'm in no rush at all. Forza Motorsport 6 (and Horizon 2 for that matter) could last me the whole gen as is.

I wonder if they would compare Horizon to Driveclub (despite Horizon being more of an "open world"). Perhaps it's easy to compare them since FH2 released the same year as Driveclub.

N.Domixis

Banned

2004- Halo 2
2007- Halo 3
2010- Halo Wars
2012- Halo 4
2016- Halo Wars 2
lets look into the future
2017- Halo 6 part 1
2018- Halo 6 part 2
2019- Halo Wars 3
2020- Halo: 2 Reach Further Beyond
2021- Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Remastered Edition
2022- Halo: 7 :chapter 1
2022- Halo: 7 :chapter 2
2023- Halo: Spartan Assault 2
2023- Halo: 7 :chapter 3: The Final Encounter
2024- Halo: The Master Chief Collection XBOX ZONE Edition
2025- Halo: Spartan Strikers
2025- Halo: Taking Back the Hood
2026- Halo: Reach 3
2026- Halo: Infinity
2026- Halo: Reach 4 The Stars
2027- Halo: Futbol Americano
2027- Halo: IX
2028- Halo: The Master Chief Collection XBOX ZONE Edition
2028- Halo: IX :2
2029- Halo X Gears
2030- Halo: Reach 5
2031- Halo: Infinity
2031- Halo X Gears 2
2031- Halo: The Master Chief Collection XBOX Cloud Edition
2031- Halo: Reach 6
2032- Halo: Spartan Assault 3
2032- Halo: 7 :The Complete Trilogy
2032- Halo: X
2032- Halo: Infinity 2
2033- Halo X Gears 3
2033- Halo: The Complete Halo Collection
3533- Halo: Reboot
lol jk

Bgamer90

Banned
I wonder if they would compare Horizon to Driveclub (despite Horizon being more of an "open world"). Perhaps it's easy to compare them since FH2 released the same year as Driveclub.

Not sure. It's definitely the more casual racer so maybe.

I remember reading back before the PS4 launched that they were thinking of giving Driveclub GT branding (so, I guess a spinoff of GT) but Polyphony turned it down. I could have seen that causing more comparisons (Driveclub vs. Horizon).

I remember reading back before the PS4 launched that they were thinking of giving Driveclub GT branding (so, I guess a spinoff of GT) but Polyphony turned it down. I could have seen that causing more comparisons (Driveclub vs. Horizon).

The thing that still isn't clear is if Gran Turismo Sport is meant to be a spin-off of Gran Turismo like how Forza Horizon is a spin-off for Forza Motorsport (I'm not saying GT Sport will be the same type of game as FH, but simply a spin-off).

Bgamer90

Banned
The thing that still isn't clear is if Gran Turismo Sport is meant to be a spin-off of Gran Turismo like how Forza Horizon is a spin-off for Forza Motorsport (I'm not saying GT Sport will be the same type of game as FH, but simply a spin-off).

Yeah, another good point. I want to see GT come back in full force this gen (was dissapointed in the series as well as how Sony handled it last gen) so I'm just hoping that it has a lot of content.

That never happened.

One of the things EVO came out and said with DC from the get go was that this was a pet project they wanted to make for over 10 years, and they trademarked Driveclub since over 10 years ago biding their time.

That's why Sony rock.

I think GT Sport is gonna kinda be GT Forever; just an evergreen, ever-evolving platform for all things GT, replacing the concept of numbered iterations.

Elandyll

Banned
Latest Amazon update for December

#3- PS4 BF bundle
#14- XB1 GeoW bundle
#39- PS4 UC bundle
#51- XB1 Holiday bundle
#55- WiiU bundle

That's counting with Amazon having been out of the BF bundle for like a week... Wow.

orochi91

#3- PS4 BF bundle
#14- XB1 GeoW bundle
#39- PS4 UC bundle
#51- XB1 Holiday bundle
#55- WiiU bundle

That's counting with Amazon having been out of the BF bundle for like a week... Wow.

I have extremely high expectations for the month of December, specifically for the PS4, due to Battlefront.

Mahonay

Banned

#3- PS4 BF bundle
#14- XB1 GeoW bundle
#39- PS4 UC bundle
#51- XB1 Holiday bundle
#55- WiiU bundle

This is the part where I remember someone who posted Amazon stats for 1 hour where the Gears bundle was one spot above the Battlefront bundle.

That Battlefront bundle probably did gangbusters for Sony during the holiday.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
This is the part where I remember someone who posted Amazon stats for 1 hour where the Gears bundle was one spot above the Battlefront bundle.

That Battlefront bundle probably did gangbusters for Sony during the holiday.

During the week of the Battlefront bundle being sold out, lol?

#3- PS4 BF bundle
#14- XB1 GeoW bundle
#39- PS4 UC bundle
#51- XB1 Holiday bundle
#55- WiiU bundle

Looks like the Battlefront did absolutely gangbusters and while the XBO took the lead in the hourly charts between the 19th and 26th, the gap for that period was small.

Shenmue

Banned

#3- PS4 BF bundle
#14- XB1 GeoW bundle
#39- PS4 UC bundle
#51- XB1 Holiday bundle
#55- WiiU bundle

Wow UC bundle got killed by the Gears of War bundle.

Elandyll

Banned
You could think that, or realize that the UC bundle was oos on Amazon for a good while -and- was at $349 a week longer in December (on Amazon) than the GeoW bundle.

And then, you look back at #3...

blakep267

I think the ps4 will have sold more, but if it doesn't it'd probably be because of the Xbox price drop lasting longer and the GameStop deal they had with an extra $50 gift card

Elandyll

Banned
I think the ps4 will have sold more, but if it doesn't it'd probably be because of the Xbox price drop lasting longer and the GameStop deal they had with an extra $50 gift card
I may be wrong, but with all being considered, I think that the gap will be even bigger in December than November. I think that with both added we could be looking at > 600k gap between the two months in NPD.

Yet another interesting month ;)

Also, on the hourly, both PS4 bundles (CoD& BF) are right back above the XB1 GeoW, but that is subject to wild variations.

I frankly don't understand why Queso lost it a little bit there. It was a perfectly reasonable line of questions and discussion, and very reasonable to, upon facing a very strong correlation, to actually ask what's causing it.

I didn't lose shit.

It was a reasonable line of questions and discussion... back when we did the whole line of questions and discussion the first time some weeks ago.

Then the same questions come back. And the same responses, and the same challenges to positions I'm not even taking.

All I've EVER stated, was that the data correlates, and my HYPOTHESIS is that it's not the audience moving away from packaged console games, but rather publishers.

I never said that the hypothesis was the truth. I never claimed it could be proven. I never claimed that the correlation is foolproof.

THERE'S NO WAY TO PROVE THAT A CAUSAL RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. I've said that over and over.

There's no way to estimate the impact of digital, because no reliable source of digital data exists.

So when I'm hounded again and again by certain users to PROVE my hypothesis with unquestionable proof, and I say that I cannot do that, nor am I claiming I am able to, I get the same line of questions again.

WTF am I supposed to do? The data isn't available to solve for X. It just isn't.

So why would anyone continue to engage in discussing a topic when they've already admitted the limitations to what they're presenting, that there are a number of unknown factors, and a number of unmeasurable, unknown influencers?

It's like people want to throw away what limited data that DOES exist because a bunch of stuff DOES NOT exist.

It's a waste of everyone's time.

Shin-chan

This is a little off topic, but I just want to say we really appreciate your posts Queso. I'm not a big sales poster yet but it does intrigue me a lot and is a big reason I stuck around Neogaf. Your posts have a lot of really good info and food for thought. You can learn a lot about the industry from your comments.

Gears 4 is clearly the headliner. I really think releasing Scalebound during the holiday season will be a huge mistake if they want it to sell.

Yeah, big trouble for MS incoming. Scalebound's destiny (no pun intended) is to bomb (again, no pun intended), and the reactions to the Gears 4 announcement so far was just... abysmal. Uncharted 4 is all over the place, getting a lot of headlines and premature praise, but almost no one talks about Gears 4. Just look at the thread for the most anticipated game of 2016 (voting ends in 3 days btw.). I doubt Gears 4 will make it into the Top 10 and that says a lot for a title which is supposed to be a headliner for its platform.

Elios83

It was widely available only during the first week of the month.
It was totally sold out during the Episode 7 launch week and it has been replaced by the COD bundle.

Indeed I think the monthly chart still needs to be properly updated and it's missing datas.
Gap between Star Wars bundle and Gears of War bundle should get smaller, while the COD bundle which is still absent in the monthly chart should enter and surpass the Uncharted bundle by the end of NPD tracking period.

That's why Sony rock.

I think GT Sport is gonna kinda be GT Forever; just an evergreen, ever-evolving platform for all things GT, replacing the concept of numbered iterations.

Despite never having released, that sort of reminds me of what LittleBigPlanet Hub was meant to be. It was meant to be a free to play version of LittleBigPlanet for PS3 that was compatible with everything made for LBP1 and LBP2 (maybe even LBP3). I hope they bring it to PS4 (if it's not shelved completely).

Mikey Jr.

Yeah, big trouble for MS incoming. Scalebound's destiny (no pun intended) is to bomb (again, no pun intended), and the reactions to the Gears 4 announcement so far was just... abysmal. Uncharted 4 is all over the place, getting a lot of headlines and premature praise, but almost no one talks about Gears 4. Just look at the thread for the most anticipated game of 2016 (voting ends in 3 days btw.). I doubt Gears 4 will make it into the Top 10 and that says a lot for a title which is supposed to be a headliner for its platform.

I have a lot of memories of gears. But yeah, that reveal was brutal imo. Completely uninteresting for 90% of it.

Dunno, we'll see what happens with that. Maybe the gears collection will ignite interest for gears 4.

Bgamer90

Banned

Gears isn't coming out anytime soon so of course it's not going to top Uncharted on anticipated lists right now (that's outside of the fact that it's an exclusive on the lower selling console). We'll see how things are once the "hype train" starts with more info, footage, and details.

Uncharted is being made by one of the best devs in the world. It has earned its hype because its dev ND has earned that kind of respect.

Gears devs have A LOT to prove before they get any kind of free pass like ND gets.

Despite never having released, that sort of reminds me of what LittleBigPlanet Hub was meant to be. It was meant to be a free to play version of LittleBigPlanet for PS3 that was compatible with everything made for LBP1 and LBP2 (maybe even LBP3). I hope they bring it to PS4 (if it's not shelved completely).

That's not happening. LBP3 allows players to access all content from LBP1+2. I'd guess Sony either felt they needed more retail content for Christmas or that making LBP a F2P title wouldn't work, LBP3 is LBP Hub.

What is there to talk about? The E3 trailer may as well have been a black screen for 5 minutes with Nathan Fillion talking occasionally.

nib95

Banned

It's being made by a new developer that doesn't have Epic's legacy nor history with the franchise, and to make matters worse, it's first gameplay showing at E3 was rather weak. It's definitely got a lot to prove, though that's not to say it can't still turn out amazing.

Top Bottom