• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2009

Brimstone

my reputation is Shadowruined
The PS3 is decimating the XB360.

Sony is just in the early stages of shock and awe. They are on the cusp of releasing next-gen LCD technology and that will be the next thing gamers clamor for. Remarkable turn around for the company.

Talamius

PS3 with some big time momentum heading into the holidays.

Wii surging well ahead again. NSMBW is going to be very tough to predict.

Wow, Wii > DS? Supply constraints or something ?

Also wow at low 360 numbers, I think we may really be in for a beat up holiday this year!

Jonsoncao

Banned
:enemyglider: said:
25ilvo9.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEE4mvqi4pc
why 360 in US needs to be saved?

gofreak said:
Good for UC2.

Surprising 360 number. That's 100k or more shy of any previous October its had. What's up with that? 100k off from last month too for no apparent reason (?)

Price drop last year with a lower price of entry.

Nothing totally unexpected here. NA is definitely a different beast than Japan.

edit: No Brutal Legend is a bummer. I was hoping it could muscle into the #10 slot.

Bernbaum

Good work Naughty Dog, although the game probably deserves stronger sales.

As a new PS3 owner, it's great to see the platform perform healthily.

Wonder if MW2 will impact PS3/360 sales much for next month and whether the scales will tip back in the 360's favour.

I had no idea Borderlands was a big game at all. I'm shocked at the numbers and surprised by all the buzz. Maybe I should check this game out. Is it any good?

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
When you add Japan + US numbers, PS3 now sells twice as much units as the 360.
Wii + DS= almost a million units in US alone.

Software sales are surprisingly bad.

gerg

The Wii came in lower than I had expected (read: "hoped"?), although what I had expected may have been unrealistic. I had made claims that the Wii would do better this holiday season than last, and I wonder if that's true; I'm thinking that anywhere from 1.4 million to 1.6 million is possible?

Also, does anyone have the total of the 360 and PS3's sales last year? Is one just taking demand away from the other, or has the total demand for both consoles actually increased?

Wow PS3 still did very well. November & December NPD will be very interesting since Christmas is around the corner!

The Wii doesn't have anything this holiday season besides New Super Mario Bros. Wii which will more than likely help it. Wii Fit Plus & Wii Sports Resort aren't big games IMO.

Great Uncharted 2 numbers. ND did an outstanding job with a magnificent SP campaign and an addicting multiplayer experience. Let's hope it has legs.

Firestorm

wtf
expected way higher on Uncharted 2 and Forza 3. Borderlands on 360 is about where I'd peg it, but where's the PS3 version? It did that much worse?

Brutal Legend numbers please

Penguin said:
Good numbers for Uncharted.

And awesome at Borderlands.

Ouch at no Ratchet (a few days I know) and no Brutal Legends.

Ratchet came out on October 27, so it had 5 days. Great numbers for Uncharted. Sony announced today that it has sold over a million copies since it has come out. Is anyone surprised at no Forza? I certainly am not. Wow at Borderlands on the 360. I gotta get out and buy that.

And now we wait until the MW2 ownage of November NPDS comes through :D .

Holy shit @ Wii.

Great second month sales for Kingdom Hearts, too.

Nirolak said:
It seems that Brutal Legend is #11, as Microsoft doesn't count handheld games as part of the top 10 and mentions Brutal Legend as a top 10 game.

Still far from a great performance though.

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2009/11/12/october-npd-ms-focuses-on-360-hardware-growth-software-domination/

You're assuming, of course, that there isn't another handheld game (second month sales for Mario and Luigi or Scribblenauts perhaps?) above it.

Ridley327

Y2Kev said:
Dear Insomniac,

Please stop making Ratchet games.

Co-signed.

I had a feeling that SCEA didn't give a damn about the Go, but sheesh @ those PSP hardware sales. Maybe things will turn out better this month with LBP and Assassin's Creed hitting the system, but you've got to figure that if something like Gran Turismo couldn't even chart in the top 10 that they have no hope whatsoever.

Top Bottom