• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2013 [Up2: 3DS, 360, Pokemon Combined, GTAV]

The DS in april 2007 with the release of pokemon sold a bit more, it was april and in march it sold 500k.

If pokemon and the 2ds can't lift 3ds sales near ds levels i think the console is going to sell,at best, half of what the ds did

70 million consoles is pretty great in the todays market of electronics. Should guarantee good sales for 1st party and selective third party games at that userbase size.....

Oemenia

Banned
Batman: Arkham Origins in top 10, I am glad, It was a damn fine game, my favorite Arkham game despite its major flaws.
Despite the fact that its samey, just what is everyone's beef with it. After all AC was excellent so whats wrong with copying the formula?

Cat Party

Been on the sidelines regarding the 3DS for a while, waiting for it to take off. Feels like now is the time.

Sounds like bad news for BF4, but I bet most people are waiting until next gen for that one.

3DS in october with new cheaper model and first mainline Pokemon = 452k
DS just having normal october (2007) = 458k

Still in todays handheld market pretty good sales for 3DS.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I just wanna get Pokemon Y so I can say "fuck all y'all" acting like X is better. Y has a fucking cool dragon bird thing. X? X has Bambi's mom on the cover. How is this even a comparison?

Linkhero1

Were there any big Wii U-related things in October? Games/bundles/sales? I haven't been paying close attention and don't recall at the moment.

I don't think so. I know they have Mario bundles but I'm not sure if that was in October or not.

Edit: The physical copy of WWHD came out in October.

fernoca

Wondering two things:
-Lego Marvel Super Heroes on 3DS and Vita was a spinoff (Universe in Peril subtitle too), yet Vita was not included in the sales but 3DS was?

-Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate on 3DS and Vita was also a spinoff but 3DS and Vita version weren't counted with the others?

Mory Dunz

Were there any big Wii U-related things in October? Games/bundles/sales? I haven't been paying close attention and don't recall at the moment.

Not that big, but reatail Wind Waker only had 2 days in the previous NPD I believe. It probably didn't do all that much in this NPD because of the September bundle and the 2 retail days that have already happened.

bigkrev

Wondering two things:
-Lego Marvel Super Heroes on 3DS and Vita was a spinoff (Universe in Peril subtitle too), yet Vita was not included in the sales but 3DS was?

I'm just operating under the assumption the Vita version didn't sell a single copy. And deservedly so- it can do much better than crappy 3DS ports.

sphinx

the piano man
we are relying on creamsugar for the WiiU number???

damn, that always appears in later pages and I've got to sleep >_<

Well it will be over next month.
I wouldn't be so sure.

November Launch:
Wii U - 425k
PS3 - 197k
360 - 326k
Wii - 600k

3DS November 2011 - 795k (Mario Land)
3DS November 2012 - 540k (Paper Mario)
3DS November 2013 - ? (Zelda, Pokémon, 2DS, really... no comparison)

I'm confident 3DS will continue to outsell all other systems.

people need to stop comparing 3DS sales with the NDS.

The NDS did something that wont ever be done again. 3DS will be fine and a success!

javac

I just wanna get Pokemon Y so I can say "fuck all y'all" acting like X is better. Y has a fucking cool dragon bird thing. X? X has Bambi's mom on the cover. How is this even a comparison?

Have you seen Princess Mononoke? The forest spirit is the real deal.

lefantome

70 million consoles is pretty great in the todays market of electronics. Should guarantee good sales for 1st party and selective third party games at that userbase size.....

It may be "great" for handheld consoles because they are an endangered species but Nintendo handheld business is shrinking. ( sony's is almost nonexistent)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Same of you try way to hard to spin every positive sale result for the 3DS into something negative. DS sales will never again be achieved in the environment we are now, time to move on.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
How many days om sale are counted for Pocket Monsters? Do we have past titles' first month data to compare it with?

Shaanyboi

Banned
Not that big, but reatail Wind Waker only had 2 days in the previous NPD I believe. It probably didn't do all that much in this NPD because of the September bundle and the 2 retail days that have already happened.

I'd imagine a good majority of Wind Waker sales are due to bundles

Calamari41

41 > 38

It is very possible that no system, be it handheld or home console, will ever sell like the DS did again. Or the Wii when it was healthy for that matter.

James Coote

Neo Member
Any chance for OUYA numbers?

(because believe it or not, OUYA has a small but hardcore following of fans, and I'm one of them :))

I will say though Nintendo needs to stop with their insane expectations. They are making a successful product look worse because of their insanity. The 3DS is going to have a great holiday and yet they will have to drop forecasts which detracts from that.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I will say though Nintendo needs to stop with their insane expectations. They are making a successful product look worse because of their insanity.

which product is successful? because they only have 1 that is right now, and no one's claiming its not.

As for the other one... you want a big indicator of how the console ecosystem is doing?
no just dance in top 10.

Same of you try way to hard to spin every positive sale result for the 3DS into something negative. DS sales will never again be achieved in the environment we are now, time to move on.

Comparing sales of the successor to predecessor in sales thread. Yeah just hating. That is also why I bought one last month and have clocked 50h in Fire Emblem...

which product is successful? because they only have 1 that is right now, and no one's claiming its not.

As for the other one... you want a big indicator of how the console ecosystem is doing?
no just dance in top 10.

Sure no one is claiming the 3DS is unsuccessful, but what I'm getting at is that Nintendo sets insane expectations every year, and when they don't meet them they are detracting from the actual success the 3DS is.

Pokemon X/Y had more days to sell than Diamond/Pearl didn't it? Still, not bad at all.
I will say though Nintendo needs to stop with their insane expectations. They are making a successful product look worse because of their insanity. The 3DS is going to have a great holiday and yet they will have to drop forecasts which detracts from that.
Yeah, their forecasts are insane in the current market climate.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.

no just dance in top 10.

The Wii audience has not translated at all, and that will lead to the death of what little 3rd party support the platform has.

The audience right now is hardcore Nintendo fans who were willing to spend $350 to get their Nintendo games.

I wouldn't be so sure.

November Launch:
Wii U - 425k
PS3 - 197k
360 - 326k
Wii - 600k

3DS November 2011 - 795k (Mario Land)
3DS November 2012 - 540k (Paper Mario)
3DS November 2013 - ? (Zelda, Pokémon, 2DS, really... no comparison)

I'm confident 3DS will continue to outsell all other systems.

360 will be the best selling system in november

Top Bottom