• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2013 [Up2: 3DS, 360, Pokemon Combined, GTAV]

Levyne

Banned
Its an odd game, it looks to be even further removed from the assassin stuff that drew people to the series, but probably has the best alternative gameplay thats strong enough to carry it without the assassin element. Game may have sold better if it had simply been called black flag and hyped as a new ip as opposed to being an ac title.

I probably would've been more interested had it been a new IP, despite how superficial that is.

Curious if second month of GTA will beat Pokemon X and Y combined. Will wait for numbers.

Also, NBA seems really low. Isn't it a top 5 seller for the year the past few years?

Don't have to compete against 2 pokemon versions every year!

DaBoss

Was there any doubt? X beats Y everywhere except Italy (according to the eShop charts), we can just account that to bad taste.

Hmm, so the GTA bundles didn't have a prolonged effect on the PS3's hardware sales, but GTA V is still selling well which is no surprise.

3DSlay stays winning as it should.

iFq7UVY0xueLY.gif

I probably would've been more interested had it been a new IP, despite how superficial that is

Had it been a new ip they could have focused on making a great pirate story instead of trying to jam the bloated mess that is the assassin's creed plot in.

Look at the titles in the top 10; all of them are pretty much mega sellers. Something like Beyond would have a very difficult time cracking that list.

It could've still sold pretty well.

WWE isn't, really. but yeah what you're saying makes sense. Beyond wouldn't come within a mile of the numbers of something like Batman or AC4, let alone GTA or Pokemon.

Mory Dunz

Nintendo needs to do something about this:
We don't know how far apart those platforms are in units, but Wii > Wii U on Skylanders and Wii U beaten by PS3 and 360 on LEGO games...that has to turn around, or Nintendo will have even less 3rd party support.

You thought the Wii U version of Lego could sell better than the 360/PS3 versions? Is there a basis for that? Cause the Wii U has like 1-2 million (?) units sold compared to 70ish million of the other two.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
yet another disappointing month! man i hope things rebound after the next two weeks.

amazing how GTA is really carrying everything shortfalling

Mory Dunz

Is Batman Wii U > PC somewhat notable?

Or does Batman PC sell absolutely nothing, even with steam?

EDIT:
Oh, is digital not counted? Could that be it?

NateDrake

Nintendo PR: 3DS 452,000

Nintendo 3DS marked its sixth consecutive month as the country’s best-selling video game hardware system, with more than 452,000 units sold, thanks in part to the launch of Nintendo 2DS and sales of Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. Sales of Nintendo 3DS hardware in October doubled last month’s tally*, and marked the most units any portable video game system or home console has sold in a single month in 2013.

Pokémon X and Pokémon Y were the No. 1 and No. 2 top-selling titles last month, with more than 1.7 million units combined, making October the biggest month for Nintendo 3DS software all year. Total Nintendo 3DS first-party software sales hit more than 2 million units sold, the highest tally since the report for December 2011, which included sales of hit games Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7.

Need numbers.

Also, related question - is NPD expected to give some sort of report, first day, first week etc on PS4 sales?

EDIT: well was way off on 3DS this month, so long prediction crown :(

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
yet another disappointing month! man i hope things rebound after the next two weeks.

amazing how GTA is really carrying everything shortfalling

But Pokemanz :(

Edit: Pokemon at 1.7 million and 452 3DS is a great result.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Nintendo needs to do something about this:
We don't know how far apart those platforms are in units, but Wii > Wii U on Skylanders and Wii U beaten by PS3 and 360 on LEGO games...that has to turn around, or Nintendo will have even less 3rd party support.
Userbase difference compared to these matured consoles is immense, expecting casual games to sell better on a lack luster system like WiiU in its first year doesn't see realistic. WiiU sold like 2 million so far while these other systems have a Userbase of 30-40 millions. It's not like the WiiU version has some amazing exclusive features for these types of games, which helped Wii versions to distinguish themselves.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I can't believe people seriously expected a multiplatform game to sell more on Wii U than on the other systems with gigantic user bases.

3DS will outsell the launch of PS4/Xbone next month. The 2DS will be 99 dollars on BF. THere is no beating that.

All I'm saying is next month it won't be the best selling hardwere :p.

Yes it will. 450k is finally the kind of month 3DS should be having. Hopefully it can stay above 200k all of next year.

Top Bottom