• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2013 [Up2: 3DS, 360, Pokemon Combined, GTAV]

Mrbob

Only 1.7 million copies of Pokemon sold. Nintendo should go ios only guys so they can sell these games for 99 cents.

I'd like to see the 3DS/2DS split, but I doubt we'll get this info.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
yet another disappointing month! man i hope things rebound after the next two weeks.

amazing how GTA is really carrying everything shortfalling

Why would you say its disappointing? Hardware sales are pretty close YoY and Software sales are up. Even with the 2 new consoles looming around the corner.

Those soft BF4 and AC4 sales to me would indicate that its certainly playing an impact in consumer purchases. People looking to jump into next gen day 1 would wait the 2 to 3 weeks.

Beyond didn't even chart...for comparison, did Heavy Rain chart and if so, what position?

BIOSHOCK 2* 360 TAKE 2 INTERACTIVE Feb-10 562.9K
NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. WII WII NINTENDO OF AMERICA Nov-09 555.6K
CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 2* 360 ACTIVISION BLIZZARD Nov-09 314.3K
JUST DANCE WII UBISOFT Nov-09 275.4K
SPORTS RESORT W/ WII MOTION PLUS* WII NINTENDO OF AMERICA Jul-09 272.5K
CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 2* PS3 ACTIVISION BLIZZARD Nov-09 252.8K
MASS EFFECT 2 360 ELECTRONIC ARTS Jan-10 246.5K
DANTE'S INFERNO: DIVINE EDITION PS3 ELECTRONIC ARTS Feb-10 242.5K
DANTE'S INFERNO 360 ELECTRONIC ARTS Feb-10 224.7K
HEAVY RAIN PS3 SONY Feb-10 219.3K

Beyond and Puppeteer should have been PS4 games, or at least had PS4 ports available at launch. Two way too late PS3 games that nobody gave a shit about.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Why would you say its disappointing? Hardware sales are pretty close YoY and Software sales are up. Even with the 2 new consoles looming around the corner.

Those soft BF4 and AC4 sales to me would indicate that its certainly playing an impact in consumer purchases. People looking to jump into next gen day 1 would wait the 2 to 3 weeks.

everything is down, and you have pokemon and gta which you didn't last year

Thrillers

Banned
I know this is a north American thread BUT...

I live in England and I haven't seen a single PS advertisement but on every other, add break I'm seeing a celeb filled "only on xbox one" add campaign. Is sony really in that strong a position in the UK/Europe?

DaBoss

Pie charts plz.
I know this is a north American thread BUT...

I live in England and I haven't seen a single PS advertisement but on every other, add break I'm seeing a celeb filled "only on xbox one" add campaign. Is sony really in that strong a position in the UK/Europe?
I think it's fair to say the UK market is different than the rest of Europe. Mainland Europe is where Sony is really strong. The UK is Microsoft's stronghold in Europe. I don't think you can extrapolate the market of the UK and apply it to the rest of Europe.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Only 1.7 million copies of Pokemon sold. Nintendo should go ios only guys so they can sell these games for 99 cents.

I'd like to see the 3DS/2DS split, but I doubt we'll get this info.

Well the idea would be to sell each Pokemon for $1.99 and make the base game free. :p

Linkhero1

The 3DS is doing well. 2DS is definitely going to help Nintendo this holiday season, especially with the upcoming deals.

I'm very happy with GTA V. It really deserves those sales.

lefantome

The DS in april 2007 with the release of pokemon sold a bit more, it was april and in march it sold 500k.

If pokemon and the 2ds can't lift 3ds sales near ds levels i think the console is going to sell,at best, half of what the ds did

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Who was ever worried about Pokemon? not this guy.
i'm just looking bigger picture.

Your statement was the following
yet another disappointing month! (...) amazing how GTA is really carrying everything shortfalling

The statement implies that results were disappointing across the board and that everything else besides GTA is under-performing.

That's my understanding - hence my comment of Pokemon's performance.

Edit: If one is looking a the larger picture, then yes, it would be disappointing especially with heavy drops from AAA games such as Battlefield and Assassin's Creed.

Yanikun

Banned
Nintendo PR: 3DS 452,000

Mind+blown+_6413a2aef3142eab8dd789403f71008e.gif

Congratulations, it's higher than I expected though I could be uninformed about what the expectations were for 2DS/3DS.

NateDrake

The DS in april 2007 with the release of pokemon sold a bit more, it was april and in march it sold 500k.

If pokemon and the 2ds can't lift 3ds sales near ds levels i think the console is going to sell,at best, half of what the ds did

So about 80million units? Nothing wrong with that.

DrWong

everything is down, and you have pokemon and gta which you didn't last year

Yeah, like in France with ACIV being 60% down on its launch week compared to ACIII according to GFK. Same for the others big franchises (BF4, Batman...) except... X & Y, 80% up compared to B&W2 (yes, I know, sequel...).

The 3DS will not come close to DS sales and anyone who thinks so should just give up. However, Half of the DS is still 75 million+ units. The 2DS was really an ingenious idea. Seems like all the ideas Nintendo are using to make the 3DS a success they have just forgotten with Wii U.

Top Bottom