• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2013 [Up2: 3DS, 360, Pokemon Combined, GTAV]

HEAVY RAIN PS3 SONY Feb-10 219.3K

Not unexpected for the end of the generation and in such a stacked month.

Ouch, didn't realize HR was THAT far ahead. Did beyond have any significant day 1 digital presence on PSN?

I feel bad, like I should run out and buy a copy. Poor Ellen. Maybe Sony should have "leaked" more nude images

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Eh, I think if you consider the worse reception, the lack of novelty in terms of mechanic, release timing, and the generally depressed market it's still a bomba, but not unexpected that it sells worse.
Its not, but still.

Its kind of insane how Sony is throwing all of its lambs to the slaughter. Wait for the 200k gt6 month.

Sakura

Ouch, didn't realize HR was THAT far ahead. Did beyond have any significant day 1 digital presence on PSN?

I feel bad, like I should run out and buy a copy. Poor Ellen. Maybe Sony should have "leaked" more nude images

I don't think Beyond is available on PSN.

GulAtiCa

Its not, but still.

Its kind of insane how Sony is throwing all of its lambs to the slaughter. Wait for the 200k gt6 month.
I just wonder how Tearaway will do... Full price at $40 (Europe is like half that), and releases on same day as Xbox One, new Zelda, new Mario 3D World, Mario Party, etc.

Its not, but still.

I still can't believe GT6 is a game that exists and is launching only for PS3 in December AFTER their next gen console has come out. I understand wanting to keep supporting your platform, but the gen has already dragged on too long and GT5 was already a good enough GT game on PS3 to tide over to a next gen sequel.

Yanikun

Banned
With the budget it had, it seems so. Should not have launched at that time....although secretly I like to think people realize David Cage can't write.

Someone does.
iMt5fisFgOeLq.gif

Its not, but still.

Europe's where the GT money gonna be at.

You are so salty. Sorry non Mario games don't sell at all on the Wii U.

lol, judging from that Olympics game's sales in the UK last week, it looks like not even Mario games can sell on Wii U either.

Poor 3D World has an uphill battle ahead of it :(

Tripon

With the budget it had, it seems so. Should not have launched at that time....although secretly I like to think people realize David Cage can't write.

The people who buy Sonic games typically aren't the people paying attention to this. Look at Sonic 06,

People knowing that David Cage is a hack at writing is not a secret.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Its not, but still.

Wait for goddamn Tearaway. I don't know why they're doing this but the 22nd is one of the most packed days for games I have seen, and it's directly against Zelda and Mario party.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Very strange. Didn't the Sonic Racing game do well on Wii U?

Welcome to the launch drought experience. Then millions of people worldwide forgot they actually even have WiiU's. GamePad's sensor bar is actually MiB tech clearly.

Bruno MB

Heavy Rain first month figure was just for its first 5 days, Beyond: Two Souls practically had an entire month of sales (26 days).

Factor in PS3/360/PC/XBONE/PS4 as potential platforms without an exclusivity deal and still having that WiiU version and Sega walked into a building that is on fire to sign such papers.

Mario & Sonic Winter Olympic Bomba is the cherry on top of the entire fail-cake. Who knows what the third game is. A looping FMV of Sonic coughing up rings into a toilet with an IOU taped to his butt if they can afford it.

Loving that classic 'Pie and Beans' phraseology. 10/10 Would read again lol.

Sergiepoo

So no sign of Winwaker HD after its retail launch.

GAF assured me that it would have a huge audience. I'm sure some will hang on to digital numbers until Nintendo releases that information.

Hopefully this will force Nintendo to think twice about charging too much for an glorified HD port.

Top Bottom