• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2014 [Up3: All of Nintendo's 3DS million sellers]

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Fantasy Life at almost 50k is better than I originally thought. Aqua was disappointed by it's debut so I thought it did less than 25k.

Should reach 100k by year-end most likely.

Now get that Youkai Watch publishing duties

And thanks cream :) Happy Thanksgiving to you too :D

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
2137 < 150
4-41%,1-32%

yup. and 2137 is Alien:Isolation (year the game takes place).

giphy.gif

Damn you horror fans. Alien Isolation is a great game that deserved more. :(

Osahi

I agree, X1 is 5 right now and PS4 is 23. X1 Kinect is 20. Its selling fast right now

Yes X1 is 10 and PS4 is 14 for November but there are more SKUs selling well.

CoD Bundle is 40 , then Unity Kinect is 51 then Ps4 Destiny 54. X1 also sold a lot of regular console and Sunset consoles.

X1 got it locked down

BF ps4 + gta on 1 now. Xone + ac on 2. Bf ps4 + Lbp3 on 19.

Not sure if lockdown applies. You know the saying "don't sell the bears hide before you shot him?"

allan-bh

Happy thanksgiving.

21:9 > 380
4-46%,1-27%

2137 < 150
4-41%,1-32%

4 drive 46
1 drive 110
samus2 68
Level-5 46
ds clone 39

Oh, that's great. Thanks cream.

Impressive sales of TEW. Alien not so much, the game is very good, deserved more.

Fantasy Life sales are not so bad as I thought but Lords of the Fallen did terrible.

Sounds like both PS4 and Xbone are really shifting like mad. I was seriously tempted to get a PS4 this year, but the recent death of my boiler and putting the wheels in for it's annual medical appear to have scuppered that plan.

Amazon UK: Best sellers
Xbone = 1st, 3rd, 7th
PS4: 4th, 8th, 10th

Amazon US: Movers and shakers
PS4: 1st, 2nd
Xbone: 81st

Amazon US: Best sellers
PS4: 1st, 17th
Xbone: 2nd, 7th

So both selling crazy well, but PS4 seems to have really gained traction since Black Friday started and is fighting back hard. Xbone in the US seems to have peaked but is still going strong.

Zophar

Sounds like both PS4 and Xbone are really shifting like mad. I was seriously tempted to get a PS4 this year, but the recent death of my boiler and putting the wheels in for it's annual medical appear to have scuppered that plan.

Xbone = 1st, 3rd, 7th

So both selling crazy well, but PS4 seems to have really gained traction since Black Friday started and is fighting back hard. Xbone in the US seems to have peaked but is still going strong.

I wouldn't be surprised if the X1 sales are so front-loaded because the price cuts are so deep, and a lot of kneejerk purchases have happened by virtue of the stupendously low and limited deals. Comparatively it makes sense that PS4 sales would be relatively paced over the holiday weekend, seeing as the deals aren't nearly as dramatic.

allan-bh

I wouldn't be surprised if the X1 sales are so front-loaded because the price cuts are so deep, and a lot of kneejerk purchases have happened by virtue of the stupendously low and limited deals. Comparatively it makes sense that PS4 sales would be relatively paced over the holiday weekend, seeing as the deals aren't nearly as dramatic.

PS4 don't have a bundle for december, so I wouldn't be surprised if Xbox One wins december too.

But even losing PS4 will sell well and Sony is in a comfortable position, Microsoft in other hand is playing hardball for sell Xbox One.

Osahi

Xbone = 1st, 3rd, 7th

Xbox isn't 7th on US Zon. It's a controller. next Xbone in the top 100 is at 97. Next PS4 is at 80. So we can asume PS4 sold a lot better, for the last hour on Amazon at least.

It will be truly interesting to see the monthly sales update tomorrow. Just how much places has PS4 clawed back?

Can't wait to see the NPD numbers (hope we get them). All we have now are anecdotal evidences, and batshit XBox One shifting at target, but the grander scheme seems hard to picture. I guess Xbox One has november in the bag, but I'm not sure if the gap will be big. Might by a pyrhrus victory...

Zophar

PS4 don't have a bundle for december, so I wouldn't be surprised if Xbox One wins december too.

But even losing PS4 will sell well and Sony is in a comfortable position, Microsoft in other hand is playing hardball for sell Xbox One.

I'm not so sure it will win either month. The PS4 hasn't become less desirable simply because the XB1 has become more desirable. The demand really hasn't tapered off, even with the XB1 being competitively priced against it pretty much all year. Deep discounts aren't going to change that as much as people think they are.

*Splinter

21:9 > 380
4-46%,1-27%

2137 < 150
4-41%,1-32%
Pardon my ignorance, but could anyone explain what the percentages mean? I understand '4' and '1' (consoles, I guess). Is it percentage of new consoles sold with game x? 46 and 41 (even with some overlap) seems crazy high.

Thanks cream (and the decoders)

Osahi

Pardon my ignorance, but could anyone explain what the percentages mean? I understand '4' and '1' (consoles, I guess). Is it percentage of new consoles sold with game x? 46 and 41 (even with some overlap) seems crazy high.

It's how much percentage of the total sales of the game, sold on the console. So 46% of game X sales were on PS4, 41% on Xbox One

Zophar

Of those 380,000, 46% were on the PS4 and 27% were on the XB1.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Thanks, cream!

We have TEW at 385,000, so...

TEW PS4 - ~ 177,100
TEW One - ~ 103,950
TEW PS3 + 360 - ~ 103,950

And for Aliens

Aliens PS4 - < 61,500
Aliens One - < 48,000
Aliens PS3 + 360 - < 40,500

kyser73

Xbox isn't 7th on US Zon. It's a controller. next Xbone in the top 100 is at 97. Next PS4 is at 80. So we can asume PS4 sold a lot better, for the last hour on Amazon at least.

It will be truly interesting to see the monthly sales update tomorrow. Just how much places has PS4 clawed back?

Can't wait to see the NPD numbers (hope we get them). All we have now are anecdotal evidences, and batshit XBox One shifting at target, but the grander scheme seems hard to picture. I guess Xbox One has november in the bag, but I'm not sure if the gap will be big. Might by a pyrhrus victory...

Pyrrhic ;) although as you used it correctly I blame autocorrect.

Agree with the post generally too - I fall into the 'How much did bone win by' camp, but think unless the sales gap at least gets 66% of the way to the official price gap the win will indeed be pyrrhic.

I'm far more interested in where MS take the price after December.

Top Bottom