• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2014 [Up3: All of Nintendo's 3DS million sellers]

could the +/- be month over month percent change.
that could very well make 6 Disney Infinity as I'm pretty sure Nintendo paid Activision for exclusive marketting of Trap Team.

Pezus

I have a feeling this is Sunset Overdrive.
Insomniac were developing for PS before, hence the remark, and 1.4 million units worldwide could be realistic, huh?

Nope again, the relative negative number wouldn't make any sense then.

What about WWE 2K15?

Isn't that on PS4?

le-seb

Isn't that on PS4?
PS360 released in October, and PS4/XB1 in November, according to Game Informer.

Using the same game list (I have no idea if it's accurate), here are games that released on XB1, PS3 or Vita, but not on PS4:
Code:
Jet Car Stunts (PS3, Vita) - October 7
MX vs. ATV: Supercross (360, PS3, PC) - October 7
Project Spark (Xbox One, PC) - October 7
Vib-Ribbon (PS3, Vita) - October 7
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (PS3, 360, PC) - October 14
Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures 2 (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U, 3DS) - October 14
Tiers to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord (PS3) - October 14
Killer Instinct Season 2 (Xbox One) - October 15
Fable Legends Beta (Xbox One) - October 16
Fantasia: Music Evolved (Xbox One, 360) - October 21
The Voice (PS3, 360, Wii U, Wii) - October 21
Assassin's Creed: The Americas Collection (Xbox 360, PS3) - October 28
MX vs. ATV Supercross (PS3, 360) - October 28
Sunset Overdrive (Xbox One) - October 28
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Danger Of The Ooze (PS3, 360) - October 28 
Tiny Troopers: Joint Ops (PS3, Vita) - October 28
WWE 2K15 (360, PS3) - October 28
BlazeRush (PS3, PC) - October 29
Volgarr the Viking (Xbox One) - October 31

It's standard procedure to run everything by first parties and see if there's any interest in exclusivity though. Yeah, Nintendo passed, but so technically did MS and Sony.

It's not like they went into Nintendo's office begging for help and were shunned or anything.

Gamespot's really doing an awful job over the last year or so. Really going after clicks with a gawker mentality.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Sorry guys, I'm totally out of the loop, but can someone provide LTDs for the PS4, XB1 and Wii-U? Both NA and WW if possible (mostly want the latter)?

Duxxy3

Borderlands 2 sold 1.4m million on first month, so Pre-Sequel sales are ~294k if she is really talking about Borderlands, but could be Titanfall.

I didn't buy anything in October. I probably would have bought the pre-sequel, but it was only available on systems I no longer support.

allan-bh

I had a feeling TitanFall wasn't quite the blockbuster MS and EA wanted it to be, but that's an awfully small number for one of the biggest IP of the year across 3 platforms.

If she is talking about Titanfall, that number is for XBO only.

Titanfall had an amazing launch with almost 1.1m (including bundle) on ~2.5m install base. If the total right now is "only" 1.4m, legs are small, but are not bad sales for a new IP.

If she is talking about Titanfall, that number is for XBO only.

Titanfall had an amazing launch with almost 1.1m (including bundle) on ~2.5m install base. If the total right now is "only" 1.4m, legs are small, but are not bad sales for a new IP.
Cool then; that does make sense.

vcc

It's standard procedure to run everything by first parties and see if there's any interest in exclusivity though. Yeah, Nintendo passed, but so technically did MS and Sony.

It's not like they went into Nintendo's office begging for help and were shunned or anything.

Gamespot's really doing an awful job over the last year or so. Really going after clicks with a gawker mentality.

They had extensive lay offs and are on the financial bubble. They are doing what they do in an attempt to stay afloat.

RexNovis

Banned
+65 means one thing (same thing as +47 or -79 or -12)
1.11 means another thing (same thing as 0.3 or 0.42 or 0.26)
3.0 means another thing (same thing as 3.4)
1.4 means another thing
20% tr means another thing

i'm not the goddess of sales numbers so i don't have access to anything that's not reported through npd or gfk or famitsu.

look at what i've historically liked to post about at the *end* of npd sales threads. if you remember, you can see what kind of thing the numbers are describing and work it out from there.

hehe

Aqua I'm having a really hard time figuring this out. Could I shoot you a PM for clarity?

Both Cream and Aqua's numbers make me feel like an idiot. Can't decipher them to save my life.

Pezus

Aqua I'm having a really hard time figuring this out. Could I shoot you a PM for clarity?

Both Cream and Aqua's numbers make me feel like an idiot. Can't decipher them to save my life.

All of the answers are already in the thread.

NBA 2k15, Destiny, FIFA 15, Madden 15, Borderlands Pre-Sequel, Skylanders in that order

cakely

Amazon November rankings have just been updated:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2014-11/videogames

#3 - Xbox One Assassin's Creed Unity bundle
#17 - PlayStation 4 Black Friday Bundle - Grand Theft Auto V and The Last of Us Remastered
#20 - PlayStation 4 Console
#56 - Xbox One Assassin's Creed Unity Bundle - Kinect Sensor Edition
#65 - PlayStation 4 Destiny Bundle
#70 - Xbox One Limited Edition Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Bundle

I was a bit surprised, considering that the PS4 Black Friday bundle has been sitting at #1 for a little over a day now, but there you have it.

Amused

#17 - PlayStation 4 Black Friday Bundle - Grand Theft Auto V and The Last of Us Remastered

I was a bit surprised, considering that the PS4 Black Friday bundle has been sitting at #1 for a little over a day now, but there you have it.

And no way to know what is better when we put all those numbers together.

I expect it is XBox One though.

cakely

And no way to know what is better when we put all those numbers together.

I expect it is XBox One though.

That would be my guess.

Interesting tidbit: Since it was introduced on Thursday, the Playstation 4 GTA V bundle has outsold the non-bundled Playstation 4, which has been available through the entire month.

So, for the Playstation 4, BF sales have been greater in the last three days than the entire rest of the month.

Elios83

Why are you surprised?
The PS4 Black Friday has been available for a few days and it sold better than the XB bundles in those days.
AC bundle has been available for all the month and that is reflected in this specific chart while only the standalone PS4 and Destiny bundle were available in the same timeframe, so to make a proper comparison you can't really consider the PS4 GTAV bundle and the PS4 standalone seperately.

Pezus

Amazon updates in mysterious ways. This update is most likely as of last Thursday (PS4 bundle was only available for a few hours on Thursday)

nib95

Banned
Don't see how that's petty. Releasing games as broken as DC should never ever ever happen, especially for games that cost $60. When next month's NPD comes out I hope MCC is hit with lower than expected sales as well. However, at least with their latest patch, MCC is much better than it was. The online for that game is in a much better state than DC, despite being out for a less amount of time. As for AC, that game has horrible framerates, but at least you can play it still.

Just so you're aware, Driveclub's online has been fully functional for a few weeks now, besides the rare drop out that is. So I'm not sure I'd say MCC's online is in a much better state than DC's, unless of course it's completely fixed lol.

Top Bottom