• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for September 2007

360 outsells PSP and PS2 comined, over 2 million units in hardware sold for the month, Reggie owned, Halo 3 decimates a very ordinary top 10, Metroid Prime 3 + Blue Dragon + Eternal Sonata + Stranglehold + Phantom Hourglass bomba, I CAN'T FEEL MY LEGS, shit just got real.

besiktas1 said:
How many days was Halo3 out when data was collected?

Holy shit. I forgot that Halo 3 came out on the 25th of September. This only accounts for 5 days but I assume the majority of people who wanted to buy the game bought it in those 5 days...... right?

Heidir

Xbox 360 527.8K
Wii 501K

PlayStation 3 119.4K

1184560126669.gif

Nintendo sells over 1 million units of hardware when the DS and Wii numbers are combined.

Heavenly Sword sold surprisingly well even though it didn't get great reviews. This makes me think that both Ratchet and Uncharted are going to sale great as well.

The 360 numbers are not surprising when Halo 3 is taken into account. It's going to be interesting to see if there is going to be a steep decline next month, especially since Sony just lowered the price on the PS3.

eclipze

like many before and most likely many after, i thought Halo 3 wasn't going to move consoles lol mirite?! :lol

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Halvie said:
Rather than try and downplay MS numbers this month try to not be as big of a douche and realize how amazing the wii number are.
agreed. even with 360's biggest game, likely of it's entire lifespan, Wii only fell shy by 27K. Kudos to Halo3 for moving some systems, and kudos to Wii for umm.. selling like fucking crazy with their biggest hit of the month: a month old game.

minus_273

Banned
wow, a halo 3 fueled 360 barely edges out wii and DS? whats going to happen in december when galaxy hits and there are more wii units in stock?

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
MightyHedgehog said:
Definitely the biggest news, IMO, is how much PS3 hardware sales have gone down in a time when all hardware rises. They're in deep shit.

Damn, I guess I have to postpone my PS3 purchase until I see if the 40 gigger moves a ton of consoles.

Ahh crap, I forgot it was a 5 week month, my numbers are mostly fudged but at least I got the positions right!

Holy Fucking Shit! @ Halo 3! Around 60-65% of all 360 owners picked it up, That is totally insane! You see Nintendo, THIS is the power of advertising! (poor MP3 :( )

How many days was PH counted for, seems a bit low for a Zelda game!

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
nice to see a real console on top for once -- hopefully 360 stays strong through the rest of the year

those heavenly sword sales are pretty dismal. i wonder about the chances of a similarly lavish sequel :(

borghe

_leech_ said:
:lol :lol :lol

With Mass Effect coming next month.... Microsoft wins Next-Gen '07.
huh??? You think Mass Effect is going to propel systems like Halo??? really? you've already forgotten tremendous games like GeoW and Bioshock barely moving the system sales needle?

hmmm....

The real story (along with Halo's ridiculous numbers) is PS3's complete irrelevence at this point, that price drop better work....

spwolf said:
so Halo wont move 360's? :lol

Move: yes. Explode or drive very significantly: no. Halo 3 was out for the entire month after all.... But the incredible software's sales are what matters this month.

And Nintendo still laugh....

borghe said:
huh??? You think Mass Effect is going to propel systems like Halo??? really? you've already forgotten tremendous games like GeoW and Bioshock barely moving the system sales needle?

hmmm....

It's going to keep the momentum going. Microsoft wins this holiday, end of story.

borghe

dankir said:
How the hell did the wii move 500,000 units?? HOW?@!#1
500,000 people walked into a store in September and asked to buy a wii.. is it really difficult to understand?

_leech_ said:
It's going to keep the momentum going. Microsoft wins this holiday, end of story.
I smell a ban bet coming on.

Top Bottom