NPD Sales Results for September 2013 [Up2: Console positioning, 360 estimate]

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Jul 31, 2007
Someone may have the exact numbers but I'm pretty sure that even it did more than W101.
Wasn't the Wii consumer base gigantic compared to Wii U at that point? I mean, it's obvious that both are bombas, but that's an odd statement to make.

Also, lol at anybody expecting more for Killzone.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
May 31, 2011
Killzone number doesn't surprise me. The mainline games themselves weren't blockbusters, SCEA has completely given up on the Vita - there was zero marketing at all for either the price drop or Killzone.

I'll still feel bad though when nobody buys Tearaway :(

Jun 18, 2013
fucking hell, calling EO and RF4 bombas lol.

It's Atlus and XSEED. They could profit off of 1k sales. Calling them bombas, HAH that's rich.
I suppose it comes down to expectations and profitability for those companies to decide whether or not they are okay with the numbers. (I'm glad Natsume also handles RF though since that means if XSEED doesn't pursue another RF due to profitability concerns then perhaps Natsume would.) I think I am ready for the heartbreak that may accompany my newfound love of niche Japanese games though :p

May 24, 2012
So would Ubi be pleased with Wii U Legends' performance?
Origins sold just over 50,000 copies its debut month in the USA.

Legends as a bit under 70,000 is a bit better in terms of total sales...I think Wii U sales are on par with (or slightly under) Ubisoft's expectations given how much it has been promoted on Wii U, but I think they're looking more at Watch_Dogs (in 2014) and Assassin's Creed IV.

Dec 24, 2011
Mobius
Origins sold just over 50,000 copies its debut month in the USA.

Rayman as a bit under 70,000 is a bit better in terms of total sales...I think Wii U sales are on par with (or slightly under) Ubisoft's expectations given how much it has been promoted on Wii U, but I think they're looking more at Watch_Dogs (in 2014) and Assassin's Creed IV.
Interesting. though it's odd to think they'll be looking more closely at titles that would obviously not be the main base of the platform.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Sep 1, 2007
Pennsylvania
www.neogaf.com
Wonderful 101 doing around 30K is not good.

But is it wrong if that's actually higher than I expected? I was prepping myself for single digit K tier.

Never imagined Rayman was going to do well(frankly surprised Legends was ever greenlit) but I can't imagine Ubi is happy with how it was handled.

Sep 18, 2011

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Dec 17, 2011
I suspect Sega are talking shipped. And well, obviously I was now talking about first month and not worldwide. (We've already seen that W101 was beyond redemption in Japan anyway)
They won't have over shipped to that significant degree that amount, it originally shipped around 400k, so clearly it should through that at least.