• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for September 2013 [Up2: Console positioning, 360 estimate]

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
WW101 + WWHD + 3DS Hardware Sales (Pokemon XL ratio if possible) :)

Plz Creamsuga

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Someone may have the exact numbers but I'm pretty sure that even it did more than W101.

Wasn't the Wii consumer base gigantic compared to Wii U at that point? I mean, it's obvious that both are bombas, but that's an odd statement to make.

Also, lol at anybody expecting more for Killzone.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Killzone number doesn't surprise me. The mainline games themselves weren't blockbusters, SCEA has completely given up on the Vita - there was zero marketing at all for either the price drop or Killzone.

I'll still feel bad though when nobody buys Tearaway :(

ohlawd

fucking hell, calling EO and RF4 bombas lol.

It's Atlus and XSEED. They could profit off of 1k sales. Calling them bombas, HAH that's rich.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Goddam, WiiU owners and Nintendo marketing. I was hoping W101 could at least beat Vanquish :(

Lol what a ridiculous expectation. Vanquish sold over 900k. W101 wasn't going to come near that even if it sold decently. I don't think Vanquish sold as badly as you thought it sold.

Lumyst

fucking hell, calling EO and RF4 bombas lol.

It's Atlus and XSEED. They could profit off of 1k sales. Calling them bombas, HAH that's rich.

I suppose it comes down to expectations and profitability for those companies to decide whether or not they are okay with the numbers. (I'm glad Natsume also handles RF though since that means if XSEED doesn't pursue another RF due to profitability concerns then perhaps Natsume would.) I think I am ready for the heartbreak that may accompany my newfound love of niche Japanese games though :p

So would Ubi be pleased with Wii U Legends' performance?

Origins sold just over 50,000 copies its debut month in the USA.

Legends as a bit under 70,000 is a bit better in terms of total sales...I think Wii U sales are on par with (or slightly under) Ubisoft's expectations given how much it has been promoted on Wii U, but I think they're looking more at Watch_Dogs (in 2014) and Assassin's Creed IV.

Lol what a ridiculous expectation. Vanquish sold over 900k. W101 wasn't going to come near that even if it sold decently. I don't think Vanquish sold as badly as you thought it sold.

No way, where did you get that number? Iirc it was the biggest PG bomba with like 50k first month.

Someone do the math 101

sub-40k

izFq252q7OrbJ.gif

So would Ubi be pleased with Wii U Legends' performance?

I think they would be pleased with the percentage of sales, but not the overall numbers.

Still, looks like Nintendo platforms really are the way to go for platformers. That percentage split if crazy considering the install bases.

BlackJace

Origins sold just over 50,000 copies its debut month in the USA.

Rayman as a bit under 70,000 is a bit better in terms of total sales...I think Wii U sales are on par with (or slightly under) Ubisoft's expectations given how much it has been promoted on Wii U, but I think they're looking more at Watch_Dogs (in 2014) and Assassin's Creed IV.

Interesting. though it's odd to think they'll be looking more closely at titles that would obviously not be the main base of the platform.

Holy crap @ W101 doing better than Rayman on PS3 and 360.

Surely, that couldn't have even come close to justifying the port costs?

Does this mean that W101 did more than PS3/360 Rayman combined? That would put it around above 31k.

Or did W101 only do better than each version individually?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Wonderful 101 doing around 30K is not good.

But is it wrong if that's actually higher than I expected? I was prepping myself for single digit K tier.

Never imagined Rayman was going to do well(frankly surprised Legends was ever greenlit) but I can't imagine Ubi is happy with how it was handled.

Lumyst

I mean, duh, but still. Is there seriously no crowd for platformers on the 360 or PS3 these days?

It's not like Microsoft and Sony haven't tried to build that userbase though (maybe the Xbox audience is waiting for next-gen Blinx and held off on Rayman in anticipation...)

Didn't he mean 101 is better than each version (360 and PS3) of Rayman? I may be mistaken...

Oh yeah, it could be seen as that.

Creamsugar, did you mean it's better than 360 version / PS3 version separately?

Or did you mean it's better than 360 + PS3 versions combined?

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I suspect Sega are talking shipped. And well, obviously I was now talking about first month and not worldwide. (We've already seen that W101 was beyond redemption in Japan anyway)

They won't have over shipped to that significant degree that amount, it originally shipped around 400k, so clearly it should through that at least.

Top Bottom