• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for September 2013 [Up2: Console positioning, 360 estimate]

Principate

Saint Titanfall
GTA 5's debut numbers should put it comfortably above Skyrim and all but the last 3 CoD titles if I'm not mistaken.

I think this is the only sane way to interpret the data. It's astounding it's taken this long for KH to come back to consoles. Even moreso when you consider it's because of the struggles of completing FF XIV & XV.

Limbo sold about 400k WW its first month on XBLA, and it has maybe 1/10th of the content. Journey set records fairly recently PSN. The crowd is there, just not at $60. Origins eventually crawled to a million once it was discounted, this will probably do the same.

TBF considering the install bases of the systems in question it's not really a fair comparison.

Lumyst

Limbo sold about 400k WW its first month on XBLA, and it has maybe 1/10th of the content. Journey set records fairly recently PSN. The crowd is there, just not at $60. Origins eventually crawled to a million once it was discounted, this will probably do the same.

Ah thanks, didn't know that!

Compilation of posts:
  • Killzone: Mercenaries - 41K
  • Rune Factory 4 -17K
  • Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl < 10K
  • PSV > 40K; Walking Dead bundle 24.4K+
  • The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD - 123K including bundle
  • Rayman Legends < 70K; Wii U SKU 38.85K or less.
  • The Wonderful 101 < 20K > 360 or PS3 SKU of Rayman Legends
  • Diablo III - 550K; 360 SKU - 335.5K
  • GTA V > 7M including bundle; 360 SKU 4.06M+
  • Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD between 270-275K.
Any chance for some pie graphs for HW?

Usobuko

Banned
Compilation of posts:
  • Killzone: Mercenaries - 41K
  • Rune Factory 4 -17K
  • Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl < 10K
  • PSV > 40K; Walking Dead bundle 24.4K+
  • The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD - 123K including bundle
  • Rayman Legends < 70K; Wii U SKU 38.85K or less.
  • The Wonderful 101 < 20K > 360 or PS3 SKU of Rayman Legends
  • Diablo III - 550K; 360 SKU - 335.5K
  • GTA V > 7M including bundle; 360 SKU 4.06M+
  • Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD between 270-275K.
Any chance for some pie graphs for HW?

Nice, you did what I intended to do. Any notable release missing besides Puppeteer?

TBF considering the install bases of the systems in question it's not really a fair comparison.

For KH? Even ignoring install base, 8 years between titles with that kind of sales potential (and KH 1.5 isn't even a REAL console sequel, just an enhanced port/remake) is absurd. It sold just 100k less than FFXIII-2, on one platform.

SCEA just doesn't seem to care about the vita anymore. KZ:M deserved better.

Also doesn't help that reviews slapped it with a heavy vita-tax ratings wise.

Square2015

FFXIV, creamsugar?

Gotta update that massive FF series sales chart

Hopefully FFXIV didn't bomb in its second month after that late August release.

kinggroin

Banned
20k?

Sadder than the sales is the fact so few deserving gamers will ever play the game they didnt know they wanted more than anything.

Solid debut for Rune Factory 4?

Just a couple days and no advertisement at all, even reviews are hard to find, lmfao.

Between Pokemon, Ace Attorney and Rune Factory, I'm in gaming heaven. Who else but 3DSus?

Mory Dunz

So for Wind Waker...
We know:
-123K = combined for Hardware Bundle with Digital
- And retail for 2 days

We don't know:
- Digital through eshop?
- And obviously retail since then

hmm

I understand that Wii U is having it's share of difficulties, but Wonderful 101 deserves better. Game is brimming with quality and so well put together.

C4Lukins

Interesting stuff. I assume Rayman will be down to 20 bucks by Black Friday and it will get its sales then. Outside of Mario and Donkey Kong, 2D platformers are not going to have much of a chance selling at full price at retail. And when you look at the competition this month, outside of the Wii U version there were just some huge games to compete with.

Really impressed with Kingdom Hearts. I never saw any marketing for it, and as a PS3 exclusive Square must be happy with those sales.

And PS3 broke the streak! It will probably be short lived, but it certainly puts a wrench in Microsofts PR in the coming months.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
For KH? Even ignoring install base, 8 years between titles with that kind of sales potential (and KH 1.5 isn't even a REAL console sequel, just an enhanced port/remake) is absurd. It sold just 100k less than FFXIII-2, on one platform.

No doubt I'm talking mostly about spin offs here of course a proper console mainline would do better likely a lot better was just saying that the series shouldn't be on handhelds sales potential wise because it sold better on consoles with an install base160 million (no idea about how much in America alone) in comparison to a handheld with an install base of aound 20 million at the time kind of isn't fair.

CLEEK

Don't blame yourself Kamiya! Blame Nintendo and their shitty marketing!!!

You can't blame Nintendo. W101 is still in a prominent place in eShop, and has been every since the demo landed.

Anecdotally, I know of a couple of people who had the same experience as me. WiiU owners. Hyped for the game. Played demo. Hated it.

Either the demo did an incredibly poor job at explaining the game - I spent my entire time thinking WTF is going on and seemingly doing well by button mashing - or the game is a turd.

ibsmiFnmg6xcH8.gif

Gosh that keeps looking so sad everytime I load this page. Dammit Nintendo lol

Anecdotally, I know of a couple of people who had the same experience as me. WiiU owners. Hyped for the game. Played demo. Hated it.

Either the demo did an incredibly poor job at explaining the game - I spent my entire time thinking WTF is going on and seemingly doing well by button mashing - or the game is a turd.
OK, the demo was a pretty bad representation of the game and Kamiya is responsible for that. For a game that was already going to be really niche the demo had to be perfect but it seemed to turn off a lot of people in the demo thread.

Hopefully the game gets another chance down the road at a discount price or something :'(

Top Bottom