• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for September 2014 [Up1: Smash/HW/MK8, Destiny stats, 3DS HW]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bGanci

Banned

Under Hardware on the front page the only items showing up are

PS4: Nearly triple August, best selling. VentureBeat reports this as approximately 550,000 units, though does not explicitly list this as the correct sales volume.
3DS: 140K (-40.4%)
Wii U: Up nearly 50% from August.

I just don't see XB1 numbers.

BigDug13

If true, that's a lot of angry customers.

Would have been even angrier if another 8 million PS+ subscribers were trying to play too, having their free version of the game cripple their paid version even more. Totally understand why Sony has delayed it, even though it sucks ass and Evolution needs to get their server shit together.

Bgamer90

Banned
The crowd is not there on Xbox, would be seriously funny if DC manage to success on PS4.

If that happens, I suggest T10 wrap up and join PD or any Sony 1st party. or go multi for their sake.

Nah, Microsoft will still keep Forza going. It's their answer to Gran Turismo and while it doesn't sell really well, it does make the Xbox attractive for people who want that type of game.

It's the spin-off series (Horizon) that's in trouble. I'm expecting it to (hopefully) have long legs though. Heh, I remember Horizon 1 going on sale for about $25 back in December 2012. Maybe the same will be true this year for its sequel.

PS4: Nearly triple August, best selling. VentureBeat reports this as approximately 550,000 units, though does not explicitly list this as the correct sales volume.

That's why you read the thread.

I predict no more than 175k for Sunset Overdrive, which would be awful because 1) it looks really fun, 2) insomniac seem like good people, 3) it's a new IP so you always want them to do well, and 4) it has lots of marketing dollars behind it... meaning XB1 is screwed no matter what they do.

It makes me happy that Pachter´s predictions were wrong....like usual.

I hope Danganronpa 2 and Hyrule Warriors show some...or good legs. Both deserve more sales.

Check the last 4pgs(100ppp)

Duxxy3

Yeah! Thanks, creamsugar!

I get (going clockwise from 12)...

1 - 5.4 degrees
2 - 16.0 degrees
3 - 25.5 degrees
4 - 30.0 degrees (Wii U)
5 - 185.1 degrees (PS4)
6 - 98 degrees (XB1)

Using PS4 value as a base, I get an XB1 value, which is a smidgen high, so I'll floor anything I'm not sure of to compensate. Wii U checks out. Assuming 3 is 360 (pretty safe there, I think), that's 74K, PS3 is 46K (flooring, remember), and Wii is 15K (flooring). :D

I suck at accurate math so I'm using roughly double the PS4 as the total chart

PS4 ~540k
XB1 ~290k
Wii U ~90k
360 ~75k
PS3 ~48
Wii ~16k

Probably off by a few thousand in the larger numbers.

Mr Moose

Click a link or two, try the one you quoted.

Here's a hint:

1) Go to the main Gaming Discussion page

2) Click on the number of replies for this topic

3) Under "Who Posted?" click the posts icon next to the user

Now you can search only the posts that were given by intelligent, thoughtful users in the thread.

Things won't get lost that way.

So pretty much just you?

BigDug13

It was just a question why is everyone so rude.

If a ton of people are discussing specific numbers, it's a safe bet those numbers were presented in the thread somewhere. Your remark came across as a "statistics denier" who didn't want to accept the sales numbers for whatever reason which triggered hate and discontent.

I don't think we will see anymore Arcade racers.

I just hope GT7 and Forza 6 sell well for the good of the genre.

GT7 is going to be a huge seller. GT6 may had done bad (well, bad by GT standards), but that won't drag the series down. It'll come back with a vengeance in 7, especially now with Sony completely dominating Europe.

GhaleonEB

3600 posts. Things get lost very fast

It's not hard to start from current discussion and walk it back, or to click through the thread in 5 page chunks and see how discussion changes when data enter the fray. We shouldn't have to spoon feed people unwilling to take a few minutes to see what the current discussion is about on every page. If you (and I use "you" to mean everyone raising this subject) can't be bothered to read the thread for a bit, then you should not bother posting either. This thread has been filled to the brim with people asking questions answered multiple times on the same page, or on the page prior.

GT7 is going to be a huge seller. GT6 may had done bad (well, bad by GT standards), but that won't drag the series down. It'll come back with a vengeance in 7.
I'm pretty sure GT7 will be a dud too. Probably a couple million. Everything with racing as the main attraction is dead. Only Mario Kart bucks the trend.

E: Maybe 3-4 million, not 2. Still nothing compared to its heyday

bGanci

Banned
If a ton of people are discussing specific numbers, it's a safe bet those numbers were presented in the thread somewhere. Your remark came across as a "statistics denier" who didn't want to accept the sales numbers for whatever reason which triggered hate and discontent. (just search for posts by Aquamarine)

You shouldn't add your own perception on quotes from other users. Read it as it is. I was just looking for the estimated numbers.

newjeruse

I predict no more than 175k for Sunset Overdrive, which would be awful because 1) it looks really fun, 2) insomniac seem like good people, 3) it's a new IP so you always want them to do well, and 4) it has lots of marketing dollars behind it... meaning XB1 is screwed no matter what they do.
Sounds like the unfortunate fate for a lot of PS3 exclusives last generation.

FIFA's come a long ass way in the US market.

Or is it still buzz from World Cup hype.

Growing interest in the sport in general is one thing. But EA themselves have done a pretty fantastic job growing the franchise. Heck in their keynote at conference they took the most time showing off Fifa and educating us on it.

I would be surprised if there will be no Forza next year.

It's a yearly game now alternating Forza X and Forza Horizon X

Honestly, I get why they're keeping the FORZA brand, but they should keep Forza to sims and use a different brand for Horizon.

At a certain point, people will look at it and see annual Forza titles,even though they're different types of racers.

N.Domixis

Banned
I suck at accurate math so I'm using roughly double the PS4 as the total chart

PS4 ~540k
XB1 ~290k
Wii U ~90k
360 ~75k
PS3 ~48
Wii ~16k

Probably off by a few thousand in the larger numbers.

Man what a turn around sony has made this gen. Never would I have predicted this would happen.

Nah, Microsoft will still keep Forza going. It's their answer to Gran Turismo and while it doesn't sell really well, it does make the Xbox attractive for people who want that type of game.

It's the spin-off series (Horizon) that's in trouble. I'm expecting it to (hopefully) have long legs though. Heh, I remember Horizon 1 going on sale for about $25 back in December 2012. Maybe the same will be true this year for its sequel.

Yeah, no way MS drops Forza, at least the mainline ones. They sell decently enough and provide an answer to GT.

And like I mentioned way earlier, the original Horizon sold extremely poorly as well, even with that large 360 install base. It's not surprising that 2 didn't do so great. It's a niche sub-genre of an already niche franchise in a region where racing games have become niche (nicheception). All of that on top of it being on the weaker selling system. The original Horizon could be bought a month later (black friday week) for $15. I expect something similar for 2 as well.

BigDug13

You shouldn't add your own perception on quotes from other users. Read it as it is. I was just looking for the numbers.

Uhh, don't lecture me. I didn't direct hate and discontent your way. I was just explaining why it probably happened from other posters based on your original post because you asked why people were hating on you. I was not one of them.

cakely

There is no way Driveclub does better than FH2 in US at retail.

I don't see why not:

The Playstation 4 has the larger installed base by ~1m units.

It's the biggest racing title for the Playstation 4, it has no competition on that system.

Sony has been talking about Driveclub since E3, 2013.

120k sales combined between the Xbox One and the Xbox 360 isn't a very high bar to beat.

It's not hard to start from current discussion and walk it back, or to click through the thread in 5 page chunks and see how discussion changes when data enter the fray. We shouldn't have to spoon feed people unwilling to take a few minutes to see what the current discussion is about on every page. If you (and I use "you" to mean everyone raising this subject) can't be bothered to read the thread for a bit, then you should not bother posting either. This thread has been filled to the brim with people asking questions answered multiple times on the same page, or on the page prior.

Yeah.

I mean, the first couple of times it's fine, whatever.

But it just gets annoying after a while.

So guys, do we know how much the PS4 sold yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom